Tea Party Boo-boo

No, but many have been suspicious of a racist undercurrent in the Tea Party. Why else keep pushing this Birther movement for four long years as it won't stop if Obama wins re-election. Mitt's Dad ran for president, and there was no big deal that he was born in Mexico. Obama is communist, a Muslim, and on and on. What Obama is is a good family man with morals at least until someone proves otherwise. And he is a pragmatist that he has stated many times. I'm not in love with Obama, and he has disappointed me politically as leader, but from what I can observe he seems to be a good man. A man to be respected.

The "birther" position is not one of the official pillars of the Tea Party, nor should it be. More things simply being blamed on them to cloud their very simple original (and still very valid) message: we need a smaller federal government.

So becoming a traitor on behalf of a regime that, in the long run, was as bad as Nazi Germany in its oppression of its own people and spreading misery to other nations under its thrall, is justified? That's quite a stretch.

hen the President of the United States, and his party, after initially embracing the movement, have run as far away from it as possible, I'd say that it is fading away.

If we are going to judge a movement by the behavior of its members, which seems to be the point of this thread, then it's apparent that the Occupy movement has far more to explain than the Tea Party movement. Unless a racist e-mail message and stepping on a counterprotestor's head are worse than sexual assault, vandalism, attempted bombings and destruction of private property. I doubt that most people would agree.

If you would have witnessed how the Tea Party went after Congressmen Dingell in MI Town Hall Meetings during Obamacare debates, you wouldn't be saying above. I'm surprised Dingell survived it and didn't have stroke on stage from the stress of the vile names he was called as the air was filled with the stench of word vomit. And he wasn't the only one that had to go through that. The air was explosive and anything could have ignited it.

The "birther" position is not one of the official pillars of the Tea Party, nor should it be. More things simply being blamed on them to cloud their very simple original (and still very valid) message: we need a smaller federal government.

Now what the hell does that mean. A smaller military? Stop being the world's policeman? Projecting our scores of aircraft carriers all over the globe as our infrastructure at home continues to crumble? Going back to the 50's with air pollution and toxic waste sites being the norm, not the exception. Burning even more fossil fuels as the oceans continue to rise and ice caps melt. Gee, I really miss acid rain and huge steel plants dotting the landscape spewing toxic gasses. Yeah, let's keep on spending trillions on defense and bring back the 50's or should I say the negatives of the 50's and before. And yeah, I understand there is a lot of waste in government spending and that includes defense.

Now what the hell does that mean. A smaller military? Stop being the world's policeman? Projecting our scores of aircraft carriers all over the globe as our infrastructure at home continues to crumble? Going back to the 50's with air pollution and toxic waste sites being the norm, not the exception. Burning even more fossil fuels as the oceans continue to rise and ice caps melt. Gee, I really miss acid rain and huge steel plants dotting the landscape spewing toxic gasses. Yeah, let's keep on spending trillions on defense and bring back the 50's or should I say the negatives of the 50's and before. And yeah, I understand there is a lot of waste in government spending and that includes defense.

It means finding efficiencies that are currently lacking in ridiculous proportions and handing many programs back to state and local governments who are able to run them a lot more effectively. It doesn't mean killing polar bears and old people, as much as the left wants everyone to think that's what would happen if the federal government returned some of its power to the states.

If you would have witnessed how the Tea Party went after Congressmen Dingell in MI Town Hall Meetings during Obamacare debates, you wouldn't be saying above. I'm surprised Dingell survived it and didn't have stroke on stage from the stress of the vile names he was called as the air was filled with the stench of word vomit. And he wasn't the only one that had to go through that. The air was explosive and anything could have ignited it.

And this is worse than sexual assault, vandalism of public and private property and attempted bombings? Don't think so.

Did you miss the liberals who openly wished for the rape and murder of Sarah Palin, the comparisons of President George W. Bush to Hitler, and the play that fantasized about his assassination?

If you think that the left is always Emily Post polite, I'd suggest that you are being naive, at best.

Edited by grbeck

Going back to the 50's with air pollution and toxic waste sites being the norm, not the exception. Burning even more fossil fuels as the oceans continue to rise and ice caps melt. Gee, I really miss acid rain and huge steel plants dotting the landscape spewing toxic gasses. Yeah, let's keep on spending trillions on defense and bring back the 50's or should I say the negatives of the 50's and before. And yeah, I understand there is a lot of waste in government spending and that includes defense.

Wait a minute...some posters on this site want to go back to the 1950s. And they aren't conservatives or Tea Party members.

Not sure why people equate wanting smaller federal government with wanting more pollution or less education or whatever the buzzword-du-jour is. One doesn't have any direct correlation to the other. These responsibilities would ultimately still lie with someone, just not with an ineffecient beauraucratic mess based in Washington, DC.

Edited by NickF1011

grbeck, I resemble that remark.

Oh, and - point of correction - the particular Conservative couple I was thinking about the most were the ones that were talking about sex - in heavily veiled terms laced with resentment and betrayal - not me. I myself don't tend to talk about it as a matter of fact. Contrary to your attempts to mischaracterize. It was an older couple - they seemed to me pretty stereotypical red state Republican. It was before the 2008 election and I had gotten next to them on a flight down to Salt Lake City. I think they were passing on through to points further South - they may have said Oklahoma. They engaged me in conversation about their grave reservations about Obama's moral character (which I thought was ironic considering Obama's and McCain's respective marital histories). I think they were trying to convert me. Then the wife said something - I can't remember exactly how she worded it - but it was something about her husband having strayed once, but had gotten back on the right track. I got the sense that this had been a number of years before. He was silent. She mentioned it very calmly and in the most reserved of terms possible while mentioning such a thing - but the very calmness seemed to carry cold daggers - and it was obvious she was never going to let him forget it. He may have been forgiven, but not by her. I have pointed out the contrast between Obama's and McCain's marital histories. I will here reveal (and this is the extent of my "talking about sex") that I have been married for 32 years and have never once cheated on my wife (though I have hated myself a few times for that). We have provided a stable home for our kids, both of whom have graduated college, and not had any children out of wedlock, police records, or anything else unseemly. My life is in fact much as that article characterizes the Blue State life. My values are much as it characterizes blue state values: internal discipline, external tolerance - and I am very proud of those values. As for your comment about those talking the most having the least experience - I talk very little, and I don't have all that much experience (like I said, I sometimes hate myself for that). I talk almost zero about military service, precisely because I have zero experience. But I know some people who do - like my ex-boss, a Vietnam vet who saw horrible things. He's a good liberal (and a business owner), but I'm sure he'd be happy to talk to you about military service if you drew him out. You probably wouldn't want to hear some of it. No - that article nailed it - despite your Fox talking points. (I don't like Geithner either. He is one of my several disappointments with Obama.)

Edited by retro-man

grbeck, I resemble that remark.

Oh, and - point of correction - the particular Conservative couple I was thinking about the most were the ones that were talking about sex - in heavily veiled terms laced with resentment and betrayal - not me. I myself don't tend to talk about it as a matter of fact. Contrary to your attempts to mischaracterize. It was an older couple - they seemed to me pretty stereotypical red state Republican. It was before the 2008 election and I had gotten next to them on a flight down to Salt Lake City. I think they were passing on through to points further South - they may have said Oklahoma. They engaged me in conversation about their grave reservations about Obama's moral character (which I thought was ironic considering Obama's and McCain's respective marital histories). I think they were trying to convert me. Then the wife said something - I can't remember exactly how she worded it - but it was something about her husband having strayed once, but had gotten back on the right track. I got the sense that this had been a number of years before. He was silent. She mentioned it very calmly and in the most reserved of terms possible while mentioning such a thing - but the very calmness seemed to carry cold daggers - and it was obvious she was never going to let him forget it. He may have been forgiven, but not by her. I have pointed out the contrast between Obama's and McCain's marital histories. I will here reveal (and this is the extent of my "talking about sex") that I have been married for 32 years and have never once cheated on my wife (though I have hated myself a few times for that). We have provided a stable home for our kids, both of whom have graduated college, and not had any children out of wedlock, police records, or anything else unseemly. My life is in fact much as that article characterizes the Blue State life. My values are much as it characterizes blue state values: internal discipline, external tolerance - and I am very proud of those values. As for your comment about those talking the most having the least experience - I talk very little, and I don't have all that much experience (like I said, I sometimes hate myself for that). I talk almost zero about military service, precisely because I have zero experience. But I know some people who do - like my ex-boss, a Vietnam vet who saw horrible things. He's a good liberal (and a business owner), but I'm sure he'd be happy to talk to you about military service if you drew him out. You probably wouldn't want to hear some of it. No - that article nailed it - despite your Fox talking points. (I don't like Geithner either. He is one of my several disappointments with Obama.)

I'm not seeing hypocrisy in the woman's words. Her husband strayed, and she forgave him. What is she supposed to say, it doesn't matter? Because she would be lying, which isn't any better than hypocrisy. They are still together, and with today's easy divorce laws, she could have left him, or he could have divorced her.

I'm seeing a woman who shares too much with strangers, but I've run into that in blue-state New Jersey. For two weeks during the summer of 1989, I helped install phone lines there, which required entering people's homes with their permission. What the women - never the men - revealed to me was...quite revealing. And way too much information for my tastes.

The attempt to divide the country into "blue" and "red" values could charitably be described as simplistic. The idea "internal discipline, external tolerance" are somehow uniquely blue state value is nonsense. They are my values, too, and the way my friends and I live our lives.

The red states look worse on things like divorce because they have higher marriage rates. You can't get divorced if you never marry in the first place. And the idea that being more likely to have an abortion makes you more moral or successful is ridiculous. It only means that the woman in question is more willing to abort a baby for a variety of reasons. (I'm also always amused at the attempt to blame abstinence-based sex education on higher pregnancy rates. During the 1970s and 1980s, when more schools were instituting sexual education courses, the teenage pregnancy rate was also increasing. Based on the criticism of abstinence-only education, the institution of sexual education was to blame. Meanwhile, in 2012, no mention is made of the increasing number of Hispanic families where teenage pregnancy isn't a big deal, and that effect on statistics.)

Also note that blue states are wealthier than their red state counterparts. (This is why blue states supposedly "pay" more in federal income taxes then they receive in federal dollars, which, of course, ignores that STATES do not pay federal income taxes - individuals and businesses within their borders do. If you want to correct this imbalance, the government needs to cut taxes for higher income individuals, but I thought that this was a no-no.) Popular images to the contrary, stable marriages and good outcomes with children are more likely to be associated with middle-income and upper-middle income homes.

At any rate, a quick examination of various neighborhoods shows that you can't associate one set of values with either blue or red voting patterns. In blue-state Pennsylvania and Maryland, the cities reliably vote for Democrats, and if you believe the residents in many of those neighborhoods embody "internal discipline, external tolerance," all I can say, is spend some time with my wife and relatives who work with them. It will be an eye-opener and quickly cure you of that notion.

No - that article nailed it - despite your Fox talking points. (I don't like Geithner either. He is one of my several disappointments with Obama.)

I thought only conservatives like simplistic research to back up their pre-conceived beliefs, but I guess I was wrong. The real world is considerably more complicated...but I guess the left likes taking comfort in silly black-and-white dichotomies, which were supposedly the hallmark of the hated George Bush. Unfortunately, the real world, and the people who live in it, don't fit neatly into categories devised by hacks, I mean, researchers, to prove what they want.

Edited by grbeck

And this is worse than sexual assault, vandalism of public and private property and attempted bombings? Don't think so.

Did you miss the liberals who openly wished for the rape and murder of Sarah Palin, the comparisons of President George W. Bush to Hitler, and the play that fantasized about his assassination?

If you think that the left is always Emily Post polite, I'd suggest that you are being naive, at best.

I don't remember voicing my support of Occupy Movement, but I must admit I do chuckle at Sarah Palin jokes and glad she is finally out of media for most part. However, I'm still get annoyed when I see oldsters on Medicare and Social Security voicing blind faith support for Tea Party Movement. I'm an oldster, and I do remember which party brought us Medicare and Social Security, and it wasn't Herbert Hoover and members of the Hoover Institute. And believe it or not, I'm a fiscal conservative and not happy about the wasteful spending by both parties, be it Medicare, Defense, or Welfare. In MI, welfare is gone after four years if able bodied, and I support it 100%. And to be consistent, there is far too much waste in Medcare and Defense. Something is wrong when patients with bladder infections end up in rehab for 90 days on our dime, and cost overruns in Defense Industry are the norm, not the exception. Oh, I forgot, both Republicans and Democrats make sure the Defense Industry in their home districts remain strong. Obama tried to close Selfridge AFB this year for most part, and of course no cuts after the politicians whined and moaned about lost jobs.

Not sure why people equate wanting smaller federal government with wanting more pollution or less education or whatever the buzzword-du-jour is. One doesn't have any direct correlation to the other. These responsibilities would ultimately still lie with someone, just not with an ineffecient beauraucratic mess based in Washington, DC.

That is the whole point Nick. Without government expansion, to many politicians from both sides of the aisle are out of work.

Reading some of the remarks about the tea party being racist is a real hoot. Hell, they aren't even just after democrats, lolol. From on high, filtering down through the ranks, it has been approved that all of the ingrained politicians who still do business the old way have to go, from both partys. Look what happened to Lugar in Indiana; does anyone think that was an accident? And does anyone think that the tea party wouldn't back a democrat who actually wanted to lower the deficit by cutting spending?

Do not think for an instant that tea party people are all about Republicans; they just run as republicans because they are supposed to be more in tune to what the tea party wants to do. It is kinda like Dr Ron Paul running as a repub, or his son Rand. They are more libertarian, but also want the deficit cut; but if you read what Mr Cap writes along with his links, then you are aware thar Dr Paul and his son are NOT in lock step with republicans as a whole either.

To the chagrin of repubs and liberals alike, the tea party is not only not dead, but 50 times stronger than the secret liberal/acorn occupy Wall street movement, and the tea party people fund themselves lolol.......they pick up independents who have been deserted by both partys consistently. They are not told what to think, nor told what to do, they actually have a voice, and what draws them is the understanding that we are on the brink of financial ruin no matter what the dems or repubs say since they have all heard that song and dance before.

In the end, I am exteremly confident that congress is going to change significantly towards tea party, and republicans. The Presidency is still up in the air, but an incumbent in this kinda shape in the pols this far out is a very bad sign for democrats.

And finally.....let me say that the reason that politics has become more polarized than it ever has IS because of the conservatives/tea party people. Liberal ideas are not the problem as we have been silent for years as they have instituted their welfare state, etc. We were to busy working, and we screwed the pooch.

It would still be that way today if the treasury was full of good ole American greenbacks, and we didn't have to raise tax rates to absurd levels to keep their welfare state going. WE ARE OUT OF MONEY, and we aren't going to lay down any more while they keep raising taxes on us to fund their vision. We also aren't going to let them pass their idiocy on down to our children or grandchildren without a fight. Doesn't mean we are going to win, but the line has been drawn in the sand, and they want to cross it. I believe it was Yamamoto who proclaimed that by their own actions, they had awakened a sleeping giant. Well, the liberals have too..........and win or lose, we aren't going to hand it to them anymore. We paid through the nose to fund a military to put communism/socialism out of business. To hell with them if they think they are going to try and reinstitute it over here, and force all of us to pay for it to boot.

Let's see...we have one allegedly racist individual in the Tea Party movement, along with one Tea Party member who stepped on the head of a female counterprotester at a Tea Party event in the Midwest last year (and other Tea Party members promptly came to the woman's aid).

Well, some Tea Party members did carry guns to the events, but it turns out that this was legal. Ooops!

Meanwhile, we have numerous sexual assaults occurring at the various Occupy camps, five members of the Occupy Cleveland chapter are charged with attempting to bomb a bridge, members of the Occupy Seattle movement vandalized several businesses and members of Occupy San Francisco chapter smashed car and store windows during protests.

Using the standard you enunciated in your post, maybe the reason the Occupy movement has faded away is that it couldn't shed its reputation as a haven for juvenile thugs and outright criminals...

I don't really know why you chose to drag occupy into this. Deflection does't help. The occupy movement is on life support because it has no clearly defined goals or organization. I don't support the ultra-liberal occupy movement anymore than I support the ultra-conservative tea party. Both are a joke, for different reasons. Extremism on both sides have ground progress in this country to a halt.

And deflecting doesn't change the fact that many independents consider the tea-party as simply an ultra-conservative fringe of the republican group.NOT calling a representative out for behavior like this is akin to acceptance, which doesn't help that image.

• Like 1

I don't really know why you chose to drag occupy into this. Deflection does't help. The occupy movement is on life support because it has no clearly defined goals or organization. I don't support the ultra-liberal occupy movement anymore than I support the ultra-conservative tea party. Both are a joke, for different reasons. Extremism on both sides have ground progress in this country to a halt.

And deflecting doesn't change the fact that many independents consider the tea-party as simply an ultra-conservative fringe of the republican group.NOT calling a representative out for behavior like this is akin to acceptance, which doesn't help that image.

Ask the senators and congressmen who lost their seats in the 2010 election if the Tea Party is a joke.................

Ask the senators and congressmen who lost their seats in the 2010 election if the Tea Party is a joke.................

The most obvious answer that many would give is Christine O'Donnell, however this can be a bit myopic since she had to defeat the establishment candidate in the first place, just to be on the ballot.

Most coverage of the Tea Party I've seen has highlighted the quirky or just plain kooky members in attendance. The same can be said of the OWS crowd.

The main difference is the TP actually accomplished something, and OWS created a big stink.

By the way - Red State / Blue State / whatever - I have found myself spontaneously whistling "Going Fishing" throughout the day. My condolences to the people of your fine state for the passing of a fine native son RangerM.

Appreciate the thought.

Side story......

I'm visiting my parents until tomorrow. The storms in WV caused widespread power outtages last week. EVERYONE was getting gas beginning about Wytheville, VA and by the time I got to Princeton, WV, many stations were out of gas (if they had power). Before that, on my way up (from Raleigh to WV), there was so much traffic, I decided to detour on U.S. 52 taking me through Mount Airy, NC (a.k.a. Mayberry of TV fame). The sheer number of references to characters is impressive (Otis' Hot Dogs, Aunt Bea's Kitchen, Mayberry Soda Fountain, etc).

Edited by RangerM
  • Like 3

No, but many have been suspicious of a racist undercurrent in the Tea Party. Why else keep pushing this Birther movement for four long years as it won't stop if Obama wins re-election. Mitt's Dad ran for president, and there was no big deal that he was born in Mexico. Obama is communist, a Muslim, and on and on. What Obama is is a good family man with morals at least until someone proves otherwise. And he is a pragmatist that he has stated many times. I'm not in love with Obama, and he has disappointed me politically as leader, but from what I can observe he seems to be a good man. A man to be respected.

Mitt's dad considered a run for president. He did not run when he found out he was not eligible. You are trying to change history.

How about the gridlock that has ensued ever since? Good for the country?

The tea party is a joke because they try to present themselves as anything BUT ultra-conservatives. The truth is, that's all they are. Love the way they think of only themselves as "patriots". That level of silliness is no better than OWS.

Just as the pendulum swings towards conservatism, it will swing back to liberalism, and hopefully someday back somewhere center.

The tea party is a joke because they try to present themselves as anything BUT ultra-conservatives. The truth is, that's all they are. Love the way they think of only themselves as "patriots". That level of silliness is no better than OWS.

Just as the pendulum swings towards conservatism, it will swing back to liberalism, and hopefully someday back somewhere center.

November 2010....goggle mid-term elections....read...read...read... then comment

It was only a few months ago that the Occupy Movement was being hailed by several Democrats - including the President - and several opinion writers, as the next great mass movement from the left, and the counter movement to the Tea Party. If you don't want this particular comparison to be made, I'd suggest that you start by asking them why they made it in the first place. That's not "deflection" on my part; it's pointing out some uncomfortable facts.

Today the Occupy Movement is on life support. Of course, it was the embarrassing and illegal acts by the Occupy Movement members that put the movement on life support in the first place. Hence, the desperate attempts by those who were supporting it to keep it as far away from them as possible.

In retrospect, it's amusing how everyone waited with baited breath for the Tea Party members to attack someone, and searched high and low for any sign of racist intent among the Tea Party movement, and couldn't find much of anything beyond a set of e-mails. Several pundits had their panties in a twist over the fact that some Tea Party members even carried firearms to various meetings!

The Tea Party and the Occupy Movement are different. The first is still active, while the latter imploded because of acts that most of the media initially missed because they were waiting for a Tea Party member to jaywalk.

Edited by grbeck
  • Like 3

It was only a few months ago that the Occupy Movement was being hailed by several Democrats - including the President - and several opinion writers, as the next great mass movement from the left, and the counter movement to the Tea Party. If you don't want this particular comparison to be made, I'd suggest that you start by asking them why they made it in the first place. That's not "deflection" on my part; it's pointing out some uncomfortable facts.

Today the Occupy Movement is on life support. Of course, it was the embarrassing and illegal acts by the Occupy Movement members that put the movement on life support in the first place. Hence, the desperate attempts by those who were supporting it to keep it as far away from them as possible.

In retrospect, it's amusing how everyone waited with baited breath for the Tea Party members to attack someone, and searched high and low for any sign of racist intent among the Tea Party movement, and couldn't find much of anything beyond a set of e-mails. Several pundits had their panties in a twist over the fact that some Tea Party members even carried firearms to various meetings!

The Tea Party and the Occupy Movement are different. The first is still active, while the latter imploded because of acts that most of the media initially missed because they were waiting for a Tea Party member to jaywalk.

And if you notice Grbeck, the left....and some of the right claim the tea party is radical; but of course occupy is not. The reason for this is the left is scared to death of the tea party, and must keep resonating the mantra that it is radical and out of lockstep, to keep as many people away who might other wise be interested. I am certain that were it not for the internet, the lefts attack on the tea party, and both partys attack on Dr Ron Paul would have succeeded in killing their movements.

If the tea party stays solvent, it will be the single biggest problem for liberals starting now, and republicans starting soon. Part of the tea party is made up of middle of the road to conservative people from both partys, but much of it is made up of independents who now have found a home. These people are the ones who usually decide close elections, and before long both partys will have to kiss the ring to get their people elected.......in other words, republicans move more to the right, and democrats move more towards the center..........where most of America resides anyway politically.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Romney wins the Presidency, his feet will be held to the fire as congress is going to move much further right in this election. He will be signing bills that fix our energy policy, cut many programs, dump Obamacare, etc. He is a businessman, and as long as congress has the political will, our countrys finances will turn a corner.

And if Obuma is re-elected? Well, he will have his Obamacare, but it is going to be solid gridlock no matter how much they cry. He won't be able to spend a nickel, and this stuff will continue on......which may be awful, but it is a whole lot better than allowing these clowns an open checkbook again.

Mitt's dad considered a run for president. He did not run when he found out he was not eligible. You are trying to change history.

Get your facts straight, George's being born in Mexico didn't end his candidacy for President, his BRAINWASHING statement on Vietnam on Detroit Lou Gordon's Show did him in. I still remember watching that show live and the aftermath of that stupid statement. His son has the same diarreah of the mouth. Have never been an admirer of the Romney clan. My father in 1955 left AMC and George Romney's incompetence to accept an offer from Ford Motor when I was a little kid. George meanwhile was rewarded for his incompetence by getting the job of Governor of Michigan. Lucky us.

All this political bullshit. Who cares. All I care about is a Congress that gets things done for us, the people. Like maybe $10 in long term debt cuts for every $1 in revenue raised. Maybe adopting lots of Simpson-Bowles spending cuts and revenue enhancements. Instead, the House is dominated by NIHILIST Tea Baggers that are nothing more than obstructionists that want to defeat a sitting President even if the whole country goes down with the ship. They spend their days voting for bullshit policy that will never see the light of day much less be signed by President while the red ink flows even more. They talk about jobs, but won't approve any job plans by other side no matter how effective. It took many extra months just to get a highway bill through Congress to keep thousands of construction workers working because the NIHILISTS didn't like the Complete Streets program that actually helps keep pedestrians alive and communities walkable. The NIHILISTS want to turn the clock back and revisit an America that was never that great in the first place with even more poverty, dirty air, and toxic ground.

• Like 2

And if you notice Grbeck, the left....and some of the right claim the tea party is radical; but of course occupy is not. The reason for this is the left is scared to death of the tea party, and must keep resonating the mantra that it is radical and out of lockstep, to keep as many people away who might other wise be interested. I am certain that were it not for the internet, the lefts attack on the tea party, and both partys attack on Dr Ron Paul would have succeeded in killing their movements.

If the tea party stays solvent, it will be the single biggest problem for liberals starting now, and republicans starting soon. Part of the tea party is made up of middle of the road to conservative people from both partys, but much of it is made up of independents who now have found a home. These people are the ones who usually decide close elections, and before long both partys will have to kiss the ring to get their people elected.......in other words, republicans move more to the right, and democrats move more towards the center..........where most of America resides anyway politically.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Romney wins the Presidency, his feet will be held to the fire as congress is going to move much further right in this election. He will be signing bills that fix our energy policy, cut many programs, dump Obamacare, etc. He is a businessman, and as long as congress has the political will, our countrys finances will turn a corner.

And if Obuma is re-elected? Well, he will have his Obamacare, but it is going to be solid gridlock no matter how much they cry. He won't be able to spend a nickel, and this stuff will continue on......which may be awful, but it is a whole lot better than allowing these clowns an open checkbook again.

I believe the election will be razor tight, maybe just as tight as Bush/Gore although I hope not. But no matter who wins, Obamacare will be enacted. It would take a landslide win by Romney for Repubs to get 60 vote majority in Senate, and that ain't gonna happen. Americans like the check and balance rule of neither party getting full control, because both parties are awful in many ways. Anway, a small handful of states will decide the election either way, and even something like the weather on election day could change the election significantly.

Actually, it has swung back to the center with Obama bascially being more a centrist, and Romney of Romneycare fame and former governor of ultra liberal MA more moderate than McCain, another moderate Republican that ran last time. Kind of ironic to read all these posts from the rabid right fringe that think the Tea Baggers are so effective when they couldn't even keep a moderate like Romney off of ticket. There is good reason why Romney is so general in his policy statements with no specifics whatsoever...he will show his moderate stripes once elected. That is why I won't lose any sleep if he wins election night. Economy will grow about 2.3% in 2013 no matter who's in White House. Life will go on and the Senate will block any bills that are extreme.

• Like 1