Mustang moving to Wayne?

Link53

There seems to be no plans at AAI for a new cycle Mustang.Rumor ( I know, another Rumor) coming from people at Wayne says the mustang is going there.Also the Mazda 6 is going down south, possibly South Carolina.I know AAI going down to 1 shift but there sure is a lot of upper salary people getting the hell out of dodge.

I think we'll have our hands full just trying to launch this new model Focus. We'll be building the 4 dr, 5 dr and the Mercury Tracer same 4 & 5 dr model then the all electric and Hybrid. So I wouldn't think they would give that to MAP to build. But maybe LAP or KC wil build the Mustang

I think we'll have our hands full just trying to launch this new model Focus. We'll be building the 4 dr, 5 dr and the Mercury Tracer same 4 & 5 dr model then the all electric and Hybrid. So I wouldn't think they would give that to MAP to build. But maybe LAP or KC wil build the Mustang

Just a hunch but i dont think the Mustang will ever leave Michigan !!

it is going to be built at wayne after everyone goes to map everything is there to build it

Everything is there to assemble it. The stamping plant wouldn't have enough room to produce all the parts necessary to build the car.

If true, this move could save Woodhaven.

The Mustang will stay at AAI thru the 2012 model year.

Model Year 2013 the Mustang will go to Wayne.

Once at Wayne it will be named ................................................................................................

....................................................................Ready????.............................................................

..................................................................................................................................................

"MUSTWAYNE"

Sorry I couldnt resist............................ :hysterical:

• Like 1

There seems to be no plans at AAI for a new cycle Mustang.Rumor ( I know, another Rumor) coming from people at Wayne says the mustang is going there.Also the Mazda 6 is going down south, possibly South Carolina.I know AAI going down to 1 shift but there sure is a lot of upper salary people getting the hell out of dodge.

The Mustang may be moved out, but Mazda has no plant in South Carolina. The slow volume of the 6 at the moment would not justify the building of a new plant. For all intents and purposes, Mazda cannot afford to spend $1 Billion on a new assembly plant. If anything, the rumor I keep hearing is that Mazda wants all of Auto Alliance back so they can add the 3 there. They plan on upping sales in this country by 40 percent in a few years.

I think that unless AAI gets another product, the Mustang will not be moved out of Michigan. Ford does not want to piss off the UAW especially before contract year.

Wixom ?

Was all of Wixom sold off or just a part of it ???

All of Wixom is in the process of being sold to a battery/solar panel manufacturer. However, they are having a difficult time getting financing. I do not know if the paint shop is still intact over there, however.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wixom ?

Was all of Wixom sold off or just a part of it ???

Am I the only Ford employee that thought it would have made sense to build the Mustang and the Ranger at Wixom?

Both have rear wheel drive platforms and could have shared many components. Together they would probably always provide two full shifts of production.

I never worked at Wixom but know a few people that did. Seems to me it was a quality workforce that was compliant, flexible, committed and showed up when they were supposed to. I would not doubt that more money was earned by Ford at Wixom than at any other Ford facility - ever.

Closing the highest quality plant in the Ford system sure sends the wrong message to me.

I don't think there's going to be a Mercury Tracer. I thought I read last week in one of those articles about Ford dropping the Mercury brand that they have dropped plans to build a Mercury counterpart for the Focus. And if they did build the Mustang in Wayne, wouldn't it be at the Wayne Assy plant, not the Michigan Assy plant.

I don't think there's going to be a Mercury Tracer. I thought I read last week in one of those articles about Ford dropping the Mercury brand that they have dropped plans to build a Mercury counterpart for the Focus. And if they did build the Mustang in Wayne, wouldn't it be at the Wayne Assy plant, not the Michigan Assy plant.

You are right, It was announced last week.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1511333294&play=1

Ford will end Mercury production in the fourth quarter of this year.

Ford will end Mercury production in the fourth quarter of this year.

i see the mustange staying in aai ? with market share growing it will be hard to fit in anywhere else if it goes anywhere

i think chicago gets it "police intercepter"

good job chicago taurus sales up 98% :happy feet:

The Mustang could move but I strongly believe that Ford has something else in store for AAI along with possibly keeping the Mustang there. Stay tuned.

The Mustang could move but I strongly believe that Ford has something else in store for AAI along with possibly keeping the Mustang there. Stay tuned.

Even with the Milan being dropped, I think that Ford could use more Fusion output; AAI would be the ideal place to put it.

Even with the Milan being dropped, I think that Ford could use more Fusion output; AAI would be the ideal place to put it.

AAI is in trouble.

The Octomods had language to put "incremental procduct " at AAI

The only way to save AAI is in Negotiations next year.

AAI or any automotive manufacturing plant needs to run on 3 shifts to be profitable.

AAI is in trouble.

AAI or any automotive manufacturing plant needs to run on 3 shifts to be profitable.

I would not say that plants have to run three shifts to be profitable- most only run on two. I would venture to say that AAI is profitable at one shift especially considering the numbers they plan on running through there on one shift.

Also if Ford wants out, I am sure that Mazda would take the spare capacity.

Edited by Footballfan

AAI is in trouble.

Mustang stayed profitable for a long time on 2 shifts, tag relief if more cars were needed, never 3 shifts.

AAI is in trouble.

Bullshit 3 shifts only looks good to wallstreet using full capacity of a plant

in the long run with no time to do good maitenance machines break down production goes down then quality goes to hell

2 shift plants on 10's was profitable for years and still are

flexibilty is the key and Ford has that 4 10's 5 8's 5'10's 40 hour work week before overtime is paid

:happy feet: now to the real profit cutter unproductive workers in management, hourly and union appointed jobs, look around your plant see all these clowns most are a kid of management thats to stupid to work the line

or a union member that has a daddy or mommy thats a rep or been a rep i see them everyday and can n ot for the life of me figure out what they do with there clip boards and charts and the assembly process never changes

i for one thought when the vendor reps was allowed on the plant floors these suckasses was going back to the line so be it it didn't happen

i get problems solved when i tell a vendor rep a problem with a part these clowns running around on there carts clipboard in hand right it down and nothing changes

so what more do you need to know about unproductive workers :banghead: