Retiree medical benefits

longball

What about MY mother....Does she deserve less than yours?

Longball, some of theys guys just don't get, doesn't effect them so the hell with everyone else. That is exactly why unions are on a downward spiral.

Our medical benefits are not determined by the CBA....the union jumped at the chance to control all that money ....power hungry POS's. Read #2 and if you dont get it read again

Now that they have total control....they determine who gets what....Do you feel we should all have the same benefit level? Read #3 and if you dont understand read again

The union insisted upon it when the company was paying the bill. It was negotiated to protect you read #2,3,4 and 5. If you dont understand read again. Why can't we spread the pain around? Instead of one state getting doctors visits with a $10 co-pay....why not all of us pay ....$50 for example...If you don't like that....maybe you could understand why we in Ohio are upset that we have to pay 100% of the cost of that visit....Unless you have a major medical expense....this is no more then catastrophic insurance....I'm sure the union is paying much more then what catastrophic insurance costs. If you are under 65 and don't live in Michigan....you are being taken advantage of....I guess I should just let it go....you guys are just concerned with your own situation...".to hell with any retired brothers or sisters that don't have as good of coverage as me" And you wonder why the Unions are as good as dead...The UAW has let us down.... The UAW was proactive and saved all retirees. Read #1 thru #8 until it finally sinks in.

I will post this again because you obviously did not read it the first time.

You are lucky to have post retirement benefits.

1. Retiree benefits were negotiated every 4 years with the CBA.

2. At 70 dollars per hour it was unsustainable to continue to bargain these benefits. Reuther knew post retirement healthcare would one day become unsustainable (Google it) and that is why he was a pioneer of national healthcare.

3. The pool of money to be used by any UAW-Ford VEBA recipient is equally divided to each retiree. Michigan retirees get the same monetary amount for healthcare as a retiree in Florida.

4. The VEBA was negotiated 3 years ago. A lot has changed in 3 years. Healthcare costs have skyrocketed and the VEBA must be held solvent for as many years as possible.

5. The proactive direction of the UAW bargaining for the VEBA was a blessing for every UAW D3 retiree.

6. The bankruptcies of GM and Chrysler would have stripped away retiree healthcare if it wasn’t for theUAW negotiating the VEBA. The Obama auto task force as well as federal judges came close to ridding the VEBA during the bankruptcy. Many admit that if the VEBA was not approved thru the courts that retiree benefits would have been gone.

7. Pattern bargaining would have forced the same at UAW Ford. No retiree healthcare.

8. In 2011 the UAW has the ability to negotiate more funding for the VEBA. Possibilities of less co pays and office visits if the funding and solvency is attainable.

All of your efforts supporting the UAW by paying union dues and walking picket lines of this great union paid off.

The UAW has protected you and your family. Sorry if you can’t see this clearly in black and white.

I will be retiring soon. Joining my mother (survivor benefits) and my grandmother (survivor benefits) in retirement and I am thankful for the protection.

Every time I see my mother she is thankful to the UAW and protecting her benefits. She understands the UAW is there for all of us.

God bless this great union.

Longball, some of theys guys just don't get, doesn't effect them so the hell with everyone else. That is exactly why unions are on a downward spiral.

I cant sit here a listen to people bash this union. 3rd generation and proud. Why is it I can clearly see the great fore sight of the UAW negotiating the VEBA to protect your and my family of retirees. The retiree benefits were unsustainable to continue to negotiate and keep productoin in the USA. If the UAW forced the company to build cars at $70 per hour we would slowly lose product because of the high cost and within 15 years no assembly operatiuons in the USA. No jobs, no product, no retiree benefits. The stupidity would be to do nothing and ride the horse to pasture. God bless the UAW......

The bashers are the ones causing a downward spiral. Read 1 thru 8 very slowly and if you dont understand it read it again

I understand that the pool of money for policies is equal to all. So generally speaking retirees get $15,000 policy per yer. In Michigan that $15,000 gets you better coverage because of all of the competition in Michigan. Elsewhere the insurance companies try milking the VEBA funds with thru the roof policies would charge the VEBA $30,000 per year (I heard it was double). I understand the VEBA board will have to beat these greedy bastards down and quit milking the system and offer policies that benefit all.

Please prayerfully read again longball and try to rightfully divided the info. Here I will help. Hint (its not the UNION its OHIOs INSURANCE COMPANIES)

That is all... :reading:

I understand all that brothers....what I have been supporting is equal benefits for all....UNION remember.....If food was a benefit....would it be fair to feed one group hot dogs and one group steak....if they cost the same in each geographical area.....or would it be FAIRER for all members to eat hamburger and share the sacrifice? Or are we all on our own now....get what you can....How soon you loose your union principals as soon as you get a better deal...hypocrite

Grim reaper....you don't need to tell me anything about MY union....I've been a proud member for 36 years....but I am not blind or stupid....what the VEBA board is doing goes against the principals of the union....If the VEBA had x amount of dollers to spend on insurance....I think the should have spent it for the same coverage for all .... what ever level of coverage they could afford that would cover everyone the same.....I KNOW if you were on the short end of the stick you would feel the same way.....but I must say....I would never defend having more then my union brother ....you my friends are hypocrites.....i hope you use your health insurance frequently

Grim reaper....you don't need to tell me anything about MY union....I've been a proud member for 36 years....but I am not blind or stupid....what the VEBA board is doing goes against the principals of the union....If the VEBA had x amount of dollers to spend on insurance....I think the should have spent it for the same coverage for all .... what ever level of coverage they could afford that would cover everyone the same.....I KNOW if you were on the short end of the stick you would feel the same way.....but I must say....I would never defend having more then my union brother ....you my friends are hypocrites.....i hope you use your health insurance frequently

If the money is divided equally just give me my cut and I will take care of myself. Longball I agree these guys are hypocrites.

I cant sit here a listen to people bash this union. 3rd generation and proud. Why is it I can clearly see the great fore sight of the UAW negotiating the VEBA to protect your and my family of retirees. The retiree benefits were unsustainable to continue to negotiate and keep productoin in the USA. If the UAW forced the company to build cars at $70 per hour we would slowly lose product because of the high cost and within 15 years no assembly operatiuons in the USA. No jobs, no product, no retiree benefits. The stupidity would be to do nothing and ride the horse to pasture. God bless the UAW......

The bashers are the ones causing a downward spiral. Read 1 thru 8 very slowly and if you dont understand it read it again

You have bashers because the union is treating 1 group differently than another. I was all for the VEBA to help Ford survive, but I also expected them to treat me the same as the retirees in Michigan. We were told buy the union and the VEBA trust that our coverage would remain the same, it didn't, soon as the VEBA took over our coverage was reduced. So if you can't see why the union is getting bashed then you are blind. This is exactly why the union can not get the transplants organized.

• Like 1

I believe some of our retired brothers still get those benefits.

Statism and Scripture

Kudzu Government

May 14, 2010

From General Motors to health care. From bank bailouts to national anti-obesity campaigns. Government is becoming more and more involved of every aspect of American life.

Most Christians are rightly uncomfortable with this. But most of us can't explain to our friends and neighbors why that is. That's one reason I broadcast BreakPoint every day—to help Christians understand and defend a Christian worldview as it applies to every area of life.

It's also why I launched the Colson Center for Christian Worldview. At ColsonCenter.org, we feature the work of respected theologians and worldview thinkers—people like T.M. Moore, my long-time colleague.

As part of his weekly "ViewPoint" Bible studies, T.M. Moore has written for us a fantastic study called "Kudzu Government: The Lust for Autonomy and the Roots of Statism."

The fundamental principle of a statist worldview, T. M. writes, is the belief that "government is in the best position to create the conditions and provide the framework for maximum human flourishing. When such becomes the operating principle of a nation, then nothing is off limits for government intrusion, revision, redefinition, and control."

T. M. compares this kind of government to kudzu, a rapid-growing, leafy vine. Kudzu has its proper place—as an ornamental vine in a garden. But when it grows unchecked, it literally devours everything in its path. Any of you who have ever driven down a country road in the South know exactly what I mean.

Likewise, government has its proper, biblically sanctioned role—which is to restrain evil and promote justice. But as T. M. writes, "When government becomes a law unto itself...it breaks the bounds of its proper confines, and forcing its ways on every other area and aspect of life, it smothers and chokes everything it touches—values, institutions, establishments and entities—and replaces them with itself."

The statist worldview is particularly dangerous to religion. As T.M. writes, "Few things rankle the kudzu state more than the loud-mouthed prophet who simply won't go along with the program." So statist regimes either silence religion altogether (a la Communism and Nazism), or, just as insidiously, co-opt religion to use as a tool for government power and policy.

Look at the situation in America today. I've talked many times about the threat of abortion and gay marriage to religious freedom. Revoking non-profit status, laws about anti-discrimination in employment, revoking medical or pharmaceutical licenses—these are all "soft" ways that government can seek to force religious individuals and institutions into conforming to government policies.

What makes T. M.'s study on "Kudzu Government" so useful is the way it employs Scripture to illustrate the dangers of statism. The story of Jeroboam, Joseph in Egypt, Ahab, David, and Solomon—all of these illustrate the tendency of those in power to want to assert more and more authority over their subjects' lives.

Please come to ColsonCenter.org to download a free copy of "Kudzu Government." Use it yourself, and give it to your small group.

And be sure to come back every week for a new ViewPoint study by T. M. Moore on topics of great interest to Christians—all from a thoroughly biblical perspective.

• Like 1

Not only did we pay the same union dues, but we are all paying the same $30 a month premium out of our pension checks which doesn't count towards the out of pocket maximum. We should all have the exact same coverage, either crappy for all or good for all but it must be the same or I can see some problems for the union and VEBA from a class action lawsuit. Where your retired to should have no bearing on your coverage.

I also agree 100%. Also, when we were active we all made the same hourly rate regardless of where we worked, even though some areas had a much higher living cost. Those of us working in a high cost area were basically told tough - we all need to make the same. We should now all have the same medical coverage.

• Like 1

Johnniescash.....

Why did you feel it was needed to add this garbage to this post....You have been called a hypocrite many times in 2 days but yet you put the proof of you hypocrisy right up front....you want to give the impression that you are a Christian....you have no compassion for people that are equal to you in every way....but then stand behind the Bible.....I think you have problems that go way beyond health insurance.

Good luck with your confusion....I should have discounted your comments from your first lack of understanding....just think....if you would have comprehended the first post, no one would know your clueless....now you put it out there for all to read.

Edited by longball

Johnniescash.....

you want to give the impression that you are a Christian....you have no compassion for people that are equal to you in every way....but then stand behind the Bible.....

And you want another mans stake to be ground up into hamburger so you can remain on your ass and not have to eat hot-dogs. Your right I have no compassion for the lazy. So get off your ass get off the board and do something to change the Insurance Laws of OHIO.

2 Thessalonian 3

8] Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

[9] Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

[10] For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

[11] For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

[12] Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

• Like 1

It's not the law that is the problem in Ohio....IT IS GREED...I think you know a little bit about that don't you...hypocrite

I find it odd that the same insurance company that found a way to preserve your benefits is also the company that is taking my unions money and providing us with much less....Do you think maybe there was a deal cut....naw...not my union

• Like 1

I would first like to state that I am very grateful that I do have retirement healthcare but not all plans are the same. You can go to https://www.benifitsweb.com/rhcc.html and create a login to download all the different plans. You can clearly see that some plans are much better than others. I live in Ohio and I do not think that it is fair that some areas get much better healthcare than I do. It just is not right.

Edited by molder

I would first like to state that I am very grateful that I do have retirement healthcare but not all plans are the same. You can go to https://www.benifitsweb.com/rhcc.html and create a login to download all the different plans. You can clearly see that some plans are much better than others. I live in Ohio and I do not think that it is fair that some areas get much better healthcare than I do. It just is not right.

Agree

Johnniescash.....

Why did you feel it was needed to add this garbage to this post....You have been called a hypocrite many times in 2 days but yet you put the proof of you hypocrisy right up front....you want to give the impression that you are a Christian....you have no compassion for people that are equal to you in every way....but then stand behind the Bible.....I think you have problems that go way beyond health insurance.

Good luck with your confusion....I should have discounted your comments from your first lack of understanding....just think....if you would have comprehended the first post, no one would know your clueless....now you put it out there for all to read.

Video Link!

And you want another mans stake to be ground up into hamburger so you can remain on your ass and not have to eat hot-dogs. Your right I have no compassion for the lazy. So get off your ass get off the board and do something to change the Insurance Laws of OHIO.

2 Thessalonian 3

8] Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

[9] Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

[10] For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

[11] For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

[12] Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

Wow! Great witnessing! :banghead:

I'm hearing talk of a march on the International union office about the inequities of retiree health plans...I'll keep all who wish to know informed.

Keep us posted. The problem will be getting the numbers of people that it will take to get the international to notice.