AAI- Sheldon Rd- Saline temporary assignments

forgotten

No one from sheldon or saline are going back to AAI.That is only a rumor that is not true.

That is not true, everyone will be returning to AAI and then the reduction will happen. The reason why this will happen it will give those that do not have the seniority the option to sign for a permanent opening. If they don't have seniority to hold AAI permanently then they would be temporarily left at AAI and false sense of security, which would create a mess if they did not sign for a posting because they thought they had seniority to stay at AAI. Otherwise the temp assignment would be over and they would then be sitting on the street because they thought they had seniority to hold a job at AAI, even though they would have had seniority to hold a job at WAP. This is the reason that they will returned to AAI! That is no rumor, but truth!

That is not true, everyone will be returning to AAI and then the reduction will happen. The reason why this will happen it will give those that do not have the seniority the option to sign for a permanent opening. If they don't have seniority to hold AAI permanently then they would be temporarily left at AAI and false sense of security, which would create a mess if they did not sign for a posting because they thought they had seniority to stay at AAI. Otherwise the temp assignment would be over and they would then be sitting on the street because they thought they had seniority to hold a job at AAI, even though they would have had seniority to hold a job at WAP. This is the reason that they will returned to AAI! That is no rumor, but truth!

So when will the posting go up for shelldon , saline and other plants ??

Was just wondering why the people from AAI temp job assignments at Saline and Sheldon Rd road would not have the choice to return to home plant now. Wondering why Saline and Sheldon Rd were not offered out to Auto Alliance with the reduction of one shift.

Was just wondering why the people from AAI temp job assignments at Saline and Sheldon Rd road would not have the choice to return to home plant now. Wondering why Saline and Sheldon Rd were not offered out to Auto Alliance with the reduction of one shift.

Who told you they weren't being offered? People on here crack me up! Chillax!

Edited by el norte

Who told you they weren't being offered? People on here crack me up! Chillax!

It's amazing that people still try their hardest to believe rumors and get stressed out over them.

Haven't we learned anything from the past few years? Don't believe ANYTHING you hear word of mouth (company or UAW) until you see it written on paper.

Lots of rumors still circulating about the Flatrock mess. Don't believe in any of them till I see on paper. They are starting to run out of time, they need to get their shyt together and start the circus show.

At a Local 3000 meeting the IUAW was present. We were informed that our brothers and sisters currently on temporary assignments at Saline and Sheldon Rd would not be forced back to AAI as rumored by many and even posted up here on BO. That there will be enough opportunities for all reduced out of AAI (do to one shift) to be picked up. The if any of the members on this “temporary assignment” did in fact chose to lateral to an open position at another plant, that then or if any of them opted to RTBU, that there would be yet another canvass of the plants to back fill the temporary positions left open by them at Sheldon Rd and Saline.

Here is another issue to consider, we just received 93 LTS (long term supplemental) members into AAI. Not one person on the temporary loan status at Sheldon Rd and Saline was offered RTBU. In the last two Chairman’s reports, Gary has stated that the 93 LTS (he calls them TPT’s) are do to lack of manpower and not because of attendance. Makes me wonder why the National Collective Bargaining agreement was not followed by offering our members the right to RTBU.

Hope this helps

At a Local 3000 meeting the IUAW was present. We were informed that our brothers and sisters currently on temporary assignments at Saline and Sheldon Rd would not be forced back to AAI as rumored by many and even posted up here on BO. That there will be enough opportunities for all reduced out of AAI (do to one shift) to be picked up. The if any of the members on this “temporary assignment” did in fact chose to lateral to an open position at another plant, that then or if any of them opted to RTBU, that there would be yet another canvass of the plants to back fill the temporary positions left open by them at Sheldon Rd and Saline.

Here is another issue to consider, we just received 93 LTS (long term supplemental) members into AAI. Not one person on the temporary loan status at Sheldon Rd and Saline was offered RTBU. In the last two Chairman’s reports, Gary has stated that the 93 LTS (he calls them TPT’s) are do to lack of manpower and not because of attendance. Makes me wonder why the National Collective Bargaining agreement was not followed by offering our members the right to RTBU.

Hope this helps

those tpts are there to fill in for those returning to Wayne..??

DTP also has tpts in place to cover those returning to Wayne.

Edited by oogravyoo

Hope this helps

Working 10-12hrs per day, who the phuck would return to AAI if they did a survey? Will have to pry these guys from the plant!

Working 10-12hrs per day, who the phuck would return to AAI if they did a survey? Will have to pry these guys from the plant!

I don't know where you get your info, but I work at Saline and over half the plant is on short work week. There are select areas that work overtime like F150 and Taurus areas, but that is not the majority of the plant. I wish I was working those kind of hours. It depends where you land in the plant as to if you will be working overtime or not. Therefore you would be surprised to how many people do what to go back to their home plants.

I don't know where you get your info, but I work at Saline and over half the plant is on short work week. There are select areas that work overtime like F150 and Taurus areas, but that is not the majority of the plant. I wish I was working those kind of hours. It depends where you land in the plant as to if you will be working overtime or not. Therefore you would be surprised to how many people do what to go back to their home plants.

I know of several protesting going back to their home locations. Saline is a country club. They will not return without a fight.

Hope this helps

The reason the members on "loan" to Saline & Sheldon Rd are not being canvased for RTBU's is because they are basiclly under "contract" to work there for up to 4 years.

That's what the documentation stated if I remember correctly.

The members can be recalled by their basic unit (home plant) if that plant needs bodies, but they are obligated to fulfill the agreement

The reason the members on "loan" to Saline & Sheldon Rd are not being canvased for RTBU's is because they are basiclly under "contract" to work there for up to 4 years.

That's what the documentation stated if I remember correctly.

The members can be recalled by their basic unit (home plant) if that plant needs bodies, but they are obligated to fulfill the agreement

They have forced people back to their home plants already. They canvas them first, then force the low out. Its has happened 4 times so far that I am aware of. But the plants need(ed) people.

DTP, DDMP, Sheldon and Wayne.

They have forced people back to their home plants already. They canvas them first, then force the low out. Its has happened 4 times so far that I am aware of. But the plants need(ed) people.

DTP, DDMP, Sheldon and Wayne.

Remember you are just a number.

OK! It's freaking june 1st, and still no news on plant postings! Less then 4 weeks till layoff. This is becoming a bit retarded!!!!!!!!!

They don't have to post till a couple of days before they are ready. You don't get weeks to decide.

OK! It's freaking june 1st, and still no news on plant postings! Less then 4 weeks till layoff. This is becoming a bit retarded!!!!!!!!!

The company doesen't need to post anything untill a couple of days before they want you gone.

The company doesen't need to post anything untill a couple of days before they want you gone.

They will post next week, we have a meeting tomorrow at local 3000 to announce postings. This isn't low seniority getting forced out like in the past, high seniority gets to pick also. The company also needs a couple of weeks to post within AAI for the jobs that are needed to fill. (For example--some people with 15 years sen. in Body & Paint on B shift will now be the lowest in the plant, so they will have to fill the open spots in Trim & Final, the company has to have time to rearrange manpower) The line speed is also going up from 50 j.p.h. to 68 j.p.h. , so new stations will be put in during our down week (the week before our first shutdown week). Also the part timers' last day will be June 25th, the last day for B shift. They won't be around on July 12th, when A shift is on its' own. Manpower moves have to be made well before that, so yes we get to decide a few weeks before B shift ends. We get 5 days once they post it to sign up.