Storm clouds gather over Ford.....Det News

Fordwife

Dark.

I originally responded to "Fordwife" who started this topic because she was scared by an article in the Detroit News and had questions about what is going on. I had hoped to provide her with some information and perhaps a bit of optimism since I can still recall when I had 6 years with the company and how my beloved Ford Wife would also have been worried had the company been in the same financial situation then as it is today.

While I can appreciate the fact that you may no longer have any faith in the company and think it is wrong to be optimistic, I'm puzzled by your comment "Go to Iraq." What has that got to do with what is happening at Ford and the questions raised by "Fordwife"?

I would appreciate it if you would enlighten me with a clarification of what you mean.

Thanks.

Wish he knew how, he can only use "Bush,war,Iraq, and various profanities to explain his point of view!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark.

I originally responded to "Fordwife" who started this topic because she was scared by an article in the Detroit News and had questions about what is going on. I had hoped to provide her with some information and perhaps a bit of optimism since I can still recall when I had 6 years with the company and how my beloved Ford Wife would also have been worried had the company been in the same financial situation then as it is today.

While I can appreciate the fact that you may no longer have any faith in the company and think it is wrong to be optimistic, I'm puzzled by your comment "Go to Iraq." What has that got to do with what is happening at Ford and the questions raised by "Fordwife"?

I would appreciate it if you would enlighten me with a clarification of what you mean.

Thanks.

while i did NOT say 'i think it is wrong to be optimistic' ! where did you get that???

i know that FORD got us where we are today!..and you got faith in that ?? anyhow i dont..but bring in a whole new crew...than we can talk....

as far as IRAQ if bush and co. have they're ways ,then if you want to earn a decent wage you will have to go to iraq and fight the ten year war!

hope you are enlightened!

Wish he knew how, he can only use "Bush,war,Iraq, and various profanities to explain his point of view!!!

speaking of which, you only post once a month so who gives a fuck ?

Edited by dark270

FordWife, hang in there honey, I'm right there with you with the worry. I'm scared too, we're living with hope for the best but be prepared for the worse. Ford is'nt going anywhere but it's bound to be smaller. All we can do is pray that we get lucky & our husbands jobs are spared but also start thinking about a plan of action if the worse case scenario happens.

I'll be praying for your family, keep strong & try to stay calm.

FordWife, hang in there honey, I'm right there with you with the worry. I'm scared too, we're living with hope for the best but be prepared for the worse. Ford is'nt going anywhere but it's bound to be smaller. All we can do is pray that we get lucky & our husbands jobs are spared but also start thinking about a plan of action if the worse case scenario happens.

I'll be praying for your family, keep strong & try to stay calm.

I remember that the doomsayers were out in force in the early seventies. Ford will end up with fewer plants, but with flexible manufacturing, they will still be capable of producing record volumes. I believe that what they are doing is taking advantage of the high number of retirements in order to become more efficient. Hopefully, enough will retire, or take buy-outs, so that no one will still be on lay-off.

I remember that the doomsayers were out in force in the early seventies. Ford will end up with fewer plants, but with flexible manufacturing, they will still be capable of producing record volumes. I believe that what they are doing is taking advantage of the high number of retirements in order to become more efficient. Hopefully, enough will retire, or take buy-outs, so that no one will still be on lay-off.

I sure hope you are right. If enough people retire or take the buyouts, than those of us that are raising families can keep the job that we want.

Thanks to everyone who posted especially those that have faith in the company.

Patty (Fordwife)

that's your first problem...'faith in ford' LOL

i think you are wrong

go to iraq!

Ford has count em 30 billion $$$$$$$ in the bank. Ford owns alot of property and machinary, check out their retirement fund $$ GM has 91 billion Ford has alot also dont know how much.

Ford cut jobs in the 80's and had record profits in the late 80's. they cut jobs in 90's and had record profits from 94-99. They will do it again take this to the bank GUARANTEED

JUST FACTS

I sure hope you are right. If enough people retire or take the buyouts, than those of us that are raising families can keep the job that we want.

Thanks to everyone who posted especially those that have faith in the company.

Patty (Fordwife)

Hey Patty, you tell them. You know I need my job and we know everyone is working for the paycheck. No one is working because they love to work there. We will survive and if not.....well then we just move on and hold our heads up high and go SHIT :bandance:

Ford has count em 30 billion $$$$$$$ in the bank. Ford owns alot of property and machinary, check out their retirement fund $$ GM has 91 billion Ford has alot also dont know how much.

Ford cut jobs in the 80's and had record profits in the late 80's. they cut jobs in 90's and had record profits from 94-99. They will do it again take this to the bank GUARANTEED

JUST FACTS

FYI last time I checked out how much was in the Ford bank which was about a week ago they where down to about 23B. Ford stock was just downgraded AGAIN because out flow of cash is large then what is coming in and there is only updated products coming and one new product the Edge, which looks like an egg, LOL.

JUST FACTS

HEY keep puttin that head in the sand...one day it will get cut off while you down there!

It will come out in China. :hysterical:

I don't believe this. You all are worried that you may lose your cushy jobs at Ford. One hundred years ago, there was no such thing as a "job". In this country, there is unlimited opportunity. The union has gotten you brainwashed to the extent that you believe that you cannot survive without them. When I moved to Ontario, I did not even know what a union was. Believe me, you will find a way to survive. If you look to the government for help, then you will spend the rest of your life in poverty, and like certain New Orleans welfare recipients, be incapable of dealing with any misfortune. What kind of a role model is that for your children? You might as well become a complete loser and get a job working for the government.

Edited by Trimdingman

I don't believe this. You all are worried that you may lose your cushy jobs at Ford. One hundred years ago, there was no such thing as a "job". In this country, there is unlimited opportunity. The union has gotten you brainwashed to the extent that you believe that you cannot survive without them. When I moved to Ontario, I did not even know what a union was. Believe me, you will find a way to survive. If you look to the government for help, then you will spend the rest of your life in poverty, and like certain New Orleans welfare recipients, be incapable of dealing with any misfortune. What kind of a role model is that for your children? You might as well become a complete loser and get a job working for the government.

you are the one truly brainwashed. i consider it an honor to be in a union....

and NO your stupid brother GWB is trying to eliminate the middle class...and when enough people find out...he will go down in history as the 'fool'

Edited by dark270

you are the one truly brainwashed. i consider it an honor to be in a union....

and NO your stupid brother GWB is trying to eliminate the middle class...and when enough people find out...he will go down in history as the 'fool'

What did you ever do in order to attain the "honor" of belonging to a union, aside from getting your primary school educated gay lover to fill out your application form, and supply a drug-free piss sample for you?

Edited by Trimdingman

What did you ever do in order to attain the "honor" of belonging to a union, aside from getting your primary school educated gay lover to fill out your application form, and supply a drug-free piss sample for you?

there you go again...cleary a violation....keep it up ASSHOLE!

you are the one that is full of gay thoughts...why else would you bring it up EVERY POST?

get alife....

or better yet go killyourself in IRAQ....for us americans!

there you go again...cleary a violation....keep it up ASSHOLE!

you are the one that is full of gay thoughts...why else would you bring it up EVERY POST?

get alife....

or better yet go killyourself in IRAQ....for us americans!

You are not an American. You are an anti-American. The only reason that I talk a lot about gays is because I see a common thread between gays and anti-Americans. If I can convince you to start having sex with the opposite sex of your own species, then maybe you will also start to support your own country. Believe me, your fantasies of what may take place between you and a terrorist under his robe could blow up in your face.

You are not an American. You are an anti-American. The only reason that I talk a lot about gays is because I see a common thread between gays and anti-Americans. If I can convince you to start having sex with the opposite sex of your own species, then maybe you will also start to support your own country. Believe me, your fantasies of what may take place between you and a terrorist under his robe could blow up in your face.

Wow. Gay = Anti American.

Please tell me you are joking.

Fordwife.

For what it's worth, my wife and I also share your concern about what

is happening. Unfortunately, as a retiree, there's nothing I can do

about the situation so I have to sit back and watch as events play

themselves out. At the same time, I'm a heck of a lot more optimistic

about Ford's future than many of those who continually post doom and

gloom on this board. I guess I had better be optimistic cause if Ford

goes under, everyone will be in financial trouble and many retirees

such as myself are just too old to start over somewhere else.

Also, for what it's worth, there's one major move that GM made that

has generated so much favorable press from the media - especially

the financial reporters. GM sold controlling interest in GMAC to

a group of investors including CitiGroup while Ford has held out

against offers to buy Ford Motor Credit. Make no mistake about it,

the financial world would love nothing more than to own the cash cow

that Ford Credit has proven to be in the past. What you don't see

heavily reported by any media is that some of the same financial

institutions that are criticising Ford's progress or lack of have

recently been investing in the automotive suppliers who supply both Ford

and GM. It begs the question, if Ford is in such dire straights, who

is going to be buying the parts being made by the same companies these

financial experts are investing in?

Another point to consider is that despite the preponderance of negative

comments about Ford management you read on this forum, anyone with any

knowledge of the automotive business understands that you cannot bring

new vehicles online in a few months and that is all the time the new

management structure has been making the decisions. Unfortunately, the

first decisions made by this group of managers have created a world of

hurt for everyone who has already lost or will lose their job or be forced to

relocate as headcount is reduced further. Years ago, I was personally

involved in a facility closing and it wasn't any picnic especially since I knew

we were "probably" going to close for more than a year before the final

decision was made and announced as to when that would be and what my

future employment options would be.

Lastly, I think you will find out more about Ford's progress with the Way

Forward once management knows the actual number of people who have signed

up for a package. Initially, buyouts have been used to open slots in plants

that will remain open so they can be filled by employees from Gen and plants slated

to close - both assembly and parts. I have no doubt that there will be additional

buyouts offered to others until the final headcount reduction goal is reached.

Bottom line. While I am optimistic that the Way Forward will be successful based

upon Mark Field's proven track record at Mazda, only time will tell for sure. Until

future sales results are in and the next contract is written, all anyone can do is

speculate either positively or negatively. So far, the naysayers seem to dominate

this board.

I would like to think that the slots are kept open for those of us who are layed off from a plant that is closing but what I have been hearing is that AAI has 190 slots but have put a hold on them, and wanting to fill them with temps...........Where does that leave us.......... :shrug:

"Or" is an excellent question that Field answered when he first took command.

"Change of Die" is more than a slogan - It's a fact of life for everyone in the companyand associated with it.

The Ford Management Culture Must Change

Manager Attitudes Must Change

Hourly and Salaried Employee Attitudes Must Change

Product Designs Must Change

Product Engineering Must Change

The Bean Counters Must Change

Dealer Service Must Change

Ford Marketing Must Change

Dealer Attitudes Must Change

Supplier Quality Must Change

The "Us vs Them" Relationship Between Ford and The UAW Must Change

The Continued Employment of Known Deadbeats - hourly and salary - Must Change

If these changes do not come about, Ford will not survive long enough for anyone to launch

"The Way Forward II."

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Bluegirl ...the openings @ AAI are ONLY because of absences. IF more workers

transferred, OUR relatives with low seniority would lose their jobs. We are WAY over-roll

now. Our low seniority workers fought for years, working as f/t temps, to get

hired. THEY come to work, and shouldn't be punished with a lay-off. Temps that were

laid off last year, were brought back to work to cover for awol's.

Again....openings are only because of workers not coming to work. I've heard #'s

ranging from 400 to 850, that we are over roll by.

listen to this..a canadien telling me i'm not an american...what a fucking OXY-MORON!!!

hello?? trimdingaling.....you flight to hiditha is ready!

R u shore ur uzn yur etap mony. CANADIAN BTW get back to yur BUSH and leave the forums for Ford workers.

??? translate ?? anyone here know islam ?

etap ?? doesn't that mean i get a degree ?? that you called WORTHLESS SHIT ???

so now your changing your mind ??

worthless fuck you are!!! :titanic: