2007 Chevy Silverado Uncovered

Kool_ZX3

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a 100k hit on F-series sales and you will be singing a different tune.

Why do you waste so much time writing about a Company that you hate so much? Seems like a waste of time. The only thing I have learned from you ever the last year is...

Ford Sucks

F-Series Sucks

Explorer Sucks

Escape Sucks

Escape Hybrid Sucks

Freestyle Sucks

Freestar Sucks big time

Expedition Sucks

Fusion Really Sucks

Five-Hundred Sucks even more

Mustang Sucks

Ranger Sucks

Taurus Sucks

E-Series Sucks

Focus Sucks

Crown Victoria Sucks

All Mercurys Suck

All Lincolns Suck

Jaguar Sucks

Volvos Suck

Auston Martin Sucks

Land Rover Sucks

and Mazda might be ok...because it is Japanese...but since Ford owns it......guess what...it sucks!

and if ANYONE is to say one good thing about any of the products or the Ford Motor Company they are called an OSTRICH!!!!!

No matter what Ford does you will never like it. You might claim Ford should do something, but if they did it, then it would be the wrong thing to do.

You will never buy a Ford product or have any interest in doing so. Why do you even waste your time being concerned about their products???

I am about sick of this place.

Edited by 2005Explorer

Oh and where is that hit going to come from? Are you implying that the Avalanche is going to be capable of that?

I don't think the Avalanche or Silverado will hurt the F-Series sales numbers too much, but I wouldn't mind having an Avalanche version of the Expedition EL, especially if it gets the 4.4 or 4.5 diesel V8. I've talked about it before, why not offer an Avalanche version of the Expedition EL and call it the "Expedition Sport Trac". I would give up some bed size for a more comfortable back seat and the IRS. Plus, if it had a mid gate like the Avalanche, I could pick up lumber from Home Depot with out boards hanging out past my tailgate like I do now.

Why don't I just buy the Chevy, I think that's obvious...

Why do you waste so much time writing about a Company that you hate so much? Seems like a waste of time. The only thing I have learned from you ever the last year is...

Ford Sucks

F-Series Sucks

Explorer Sucks

Escape Sucks

Escape Hybrid Sucks

Freestyle Sucks

Freestar Sucks big time

Expedition Sucks

Fusion Really Sucks

Mustang Sucks

Ranger Sucks

Taurus Sucks

E-Series Sucks

Focus Sucks

Crown Victoria Sucks

All Mercurys Suck

All Lincolns Suck

Jaguar Sucks

Volvos Suck

Auston Martin Sucks

Land Rover Sucks

and Mazda might be ok...because it is Japanese...but since Ford owns it......guess what...it sucks!

and if ANYONE is to say one good thing about any of the products or the Ford Motor Company they are called an OSTRICH!!!!!

No matter what Ford does you will never like it. You might claim Ford should do something, but if they did it, then it would be the wrong thing to do.

You will never buy a Ford product or have any interest in doing so. Why do you even waste your time being concerned about their products???

You're an ostrich so what do you know (wink, wink)!

Ford Sucks

F-Series Sucks

Explorer Sucks

Escape Sucks

Escape Hybrid Sucks

Freestyle Sucks

Freestar Sucks big time

Expedition Sucks

Fusion Really Sucks

Mustang Sucks

Ranger Sucks

Taurus Sucks

E-Series Sucks

Focus Sucks

Crown Victoria Sucks

All Mercurys Suck

All Lincolns Suck

Jaguar Sucks

Volvos Suck

Auston Martin Sucks

Land Rover Sucks

I don't hate Ford at all. As a matter of fact I drive a Ford.

I would love to see Ford do well.

I just think they are being mismanaged into the ground and would like to see that corrected, although at this point I am very discouraged with the management. However it has been proven time and again in the

auto industry that one man can make a difference and hopefully Mark Fields is the man.

I have been working for the Big 3 since '76 and have seen a number of good and bad times.

I think the present problems with Ford are directly the result of weak management.

And unlike you this directly affects my community. Price of real estate is down, more people unemployed, etc. You never having lived in an auto town and wouldn't understand.

We have Chrysler, Ford and GM plants in town. The people at Ford were always different than working at the others. Much more loyal to the company. Nasser destroyed that feeling to a large extent.

The union bears part of the responsibility. However until Ford comes down with the hammer the union is fairly powerless over the more radical parts of the membership. It may be that the leaked documents about moving to Mexico are a ploy to bring the union membership in line. At least 90% of the Ford workers in this town go out of the way to build a good product. The biggest problem is the weak management.

This has got bitter betwen me and you and the Ford gang. I realize I push too far but you should lay back and debate the facts instead of attacking every opinion that opposes the Ford plan.

Just take one example--

Right now Ford has lucked into having the only remaining small pickup on the market--the Ranger.

It is a good little truck. I went to buy tires last week and the salesman had just traded his F-150 for a new Ranger. It is an opportunity staring them in the face. Easy money. Take advantage of it.

Change course advertise it and make some money. They seem unable or unwilling to react. Why?

Not only could they make money but they would save American jobs and score a great public relations coupe. They spend to much time thinking up advertising gimmicks and too little on solid thinking.

And I am pro domestic cars. I own 6 of them. And one plane.

Edited by Bluecon

Well, even if I didn't like Fords there is nothing better. Ford has every company creamed in every catagory! And, I like the new Silverado better then the current one, but it still sucks. In fact, Ford has the only decent looking trucks! The Ram looks like a rhino-bat cross the Silverado is nothing but a drab car, Toyota's new Tacoma makes big nosed-people come to mind. Nissan's trucks are decent looking, and I'd rather own a Nissan then a DaimlerChrysler or General Motors car. But Ford is No. 1 and no other company competes with it. Think about it:

F-series is the longest lasting, most dependable and only one truck is stronger.

Econoline E-series is the most popular, most durable and also is the longest lasting van.

Explorer is the most popular truck-based SUV, safest and is an all-around good SUV.

Escape Hybrid is THE MOST FUEL FRIENDLY SUV on the market today!

The Focus is the only compact to offer 2 and 4 coupe, wagon and hatchback (also, most popular American car in Europe)

Crown Victoria is the most popular and No. 1 rated fleet car in America.

Mustang is the fastest, cheapest, best selling modern muscle and has the most options, packages and trims.

And keep in mind the above is FACT, and that I didn't include Volvo which is also a pretty high ranking brand too, or Lincoln and Mercury or even Mazda which all are pretty good brands.

Ok back to the Chev truck.

Personaly it does not look that different than what they have been selling for X number of years. At least to me.

Fords one saveing grace in the trucks is going to be the Diesel in the F 150. That is going to gain them more conquest sales and more gained sales period than any thing else they could do. With the price of gas and the increase in fuel milage the diesel will offer it is going to sway alot of full size light duty buyers.

In a couple years Fuel milage is going to be come a big deal again. Gas hit 1.09 a liter here this week. or $4.12CAD a U.S Gal or $3.70 a gal U.S .

Fuel milage isgoing to become a big deal. And those that can offer what people want with livable fule milage are going to be the ones that come out on top.

Matthew