American Pickers TV show

I sent an e-mail to their website concerning this. They proudly state at the beginning of every episode that they are reliving or revisiting America's past piece by piece as they search through old barns and junkyards buying various old items from old automotive related signs to bicycles, motorcycles, lamps, toys all the way up to sometimes even cars! But they're driving around in a German branded Mercedes Sprinter! If they were using the Dodge or Freightliner rebadges I might not be complaining! But we fought the Germans -- and Japanese -- in WWII! Why should they be picking through AMERICA'S history and carrying it off in a German vehicle! So I told them to look into a Ford E350! Maybe someone at Ford could donate one or give them a really great lease or purchase price! By the way, this show, as well as Pawn Stars and Modern Marvels (all on the History Channel) are three of the best and most fascinating shows on TV!

I sent an e-mail to their website concerning this. They proudly state at the beginning of every episode that they are reliving or revisiting America's past piece by piece as they search through old barns and junkyards buying various old items from old automotive related signs to bicycles, motorcycles, lamps, toys all the way up to sometimes even cars! But they're driving around in a German branded Mercedes Sprinter! If they were using the Dodge or Freightliner rebadges I might not be complaining! But we fought the Germans -- and Japanese -- in WWII! Why should they be picking through AMERICA'S history and carrying it off in a German vehicle! So I told them to look into a Ford E350! Maybe someone at Ford could donate one or give them a really great lease or purchase price! By the way, this show, as well as Pawn Stars and Modern Marvels (all on the History Channel) are three of the best and most fascinating shows on TV!

The last episode I watched showed them loading a 7 foot long and real tall cowboy boot in the back. I was surprised it fit and closed the door. It not only had the length, but the height to do it. I'm doubting the E series has the height.

The last episode I watched showed them loading a 7 foot long and real tall cowboy boot in the back. I was surprised it fit and closed the door. It not only had the length, but the height to do it. I'm doubting the E series has the height.

They could use one of these: 10ftAerocell%20supreme%20spartan.jpg

It's a Ford E-250 cutaway with a Supreme Corp USA made "Spartan" van body. Probably cheaper than a Sprinter as well.

Ford Spartan Cargo Van

Edited by NLPRacing

I won't watch the show anymore being that they don't drive a Ford or American made vehicle.

please enlighten me.

Those cheap sunglasses referenced in your sig. Where are they made?

The computer you type on. Where was it made?

What about your clothes? The food in your fridge?

Lay off the "it ain't made in America" crap. I guarantee you've got your share of Chinese shit in your house.

please enlighten me.

Those cheap sunglasses referenced in your sig. Where are they made?

The computer you type on. Where was it made?

What about your clothes? The food in your fridge?

Lay off the "it ain't made in America" crap. I guarantee you've got your share of Chinese shit in your house.

I try not let Chinese shit in my house but its almost impossible to, but they have got a point you still have got American made alternatives to a Mercedes Sprinter they are not talking about Apple or Dell products, even if you wanted to build your own computer all the components would still come from China.

Britain is now to waking up to the fact that you can't have an economy that it based on financial service & a service sector you need a good strong manufacturing base with more Airbus, Boeings, Fords, Rolls Royce Aero Engines etc to help pay for good public services like public health doctors & nurses, police, armed forces, teachers, fireman bin men etc etc, it also helps cut down on massive 10 million unemployed benefits bill you pick-up in taxes mean you have less to spend.

We have similar tv shows in the UK.

You are the salt of he earth Joe, the big two thumbs up.

Well done Joe the more folk like you that complain the better it will be for your country, lets hope they get forced into buying a new E350 or something from the big three if enough folk complain.

Cargo van versions of Sprinters sold in the U.S. (whatever their badging) are (re)assembled on a CKD basis in the Charleston, South Carolina area. Passenger versions are imported as complete units.

I try not let Chinese shit in my house but its almost impossible to, but they have got a point you still have got American made alternatives to a Mercedes Sprinter they are not talking about Apple or Dell products, even if you wanted to build your own computer all the components would still come from China.

Britain is now to waking up to the fact that you can't have an economy that it based on financial service & a service sector you need a good strong manufacturing base with more Airbus, Boeings, Fords, Rolls Royce Aero Engines etc to help pay for good public services like public health doctors & nurses, police, armed forces, teachers, fireman bin men etc etc, it also helps cut down on massive 10 million unemployed benefits bill you pick-up in taxes mean you have less to spend.

We have similar tv shows in the UK.

that's not the point.

The point is, "995" won't watch the show because of lack of "American" vehicle and yet in his/her sig is pushing $9 chinese sunglasses.

One of those that wants everyone else to buy American so they can buy his CHinese junk.