2011 Boss 302

I couldn't tell you for sure if the 302R has CNC ported heads, but the road version does so I'd assume the 302R does as well.

You were right, I was getting my Cammer/R50 wires crossed with the 302R. The 302R does have CNC'd runners/chambers and different cams.

http://media.fordvehicles.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=33066

After reading that I feel pretty confident in predicting that the 440HP rating is ridiculously underrated, unless they have the tune really dialed back. I honestly wouldn't doubt this engine is making ~500 HP at the flywheel... and if it isn't, I bet it will with a tune.

Edited by White99GT

Do we have any production numbers or how long Ford will build this model?

Hopefully the quantities aren't too limited, I won't be able to afford one until the spring of 2012 and I don't want to be out of luck. I guess the worst case scenario would be that I'd have to look for a slightly used one.

I just hope all the speculation about Ford offering 1970 style stripes and colors in 2013 is true because there is nothing about the appearance of the 1969 style 2012 that excites me at all. Mechanically it is awesome but if I can't stomach the looks it ain't happening. I think it sucks bilge water that I might have to wait another year and a half to get what I really want. I have resisted the urge to buy a new Mustang ever since the 2010 GT500 was introduced so I guess I can wait a little longer. And that is coming from a guy with no kids, no car payment, no mortgage and a good paying job.

I too am not too thrilled with the graphics. The C shape is okay but lose the hood and roof accents. Kona blue please.

I am not a camaro history buff but isn't the1969 Z28 the bowtie response to the Boss 302 or visa versa? Isn't that when they introduced their 302 motor? Shouldn't the pending new Z28 be along the same lines as the Boss, normally aspirated small block and no supercharger? It'll be interesting to which handles better on the track.

Edited by buddysystem