Ford apologizes for Fiesta delays

Ford said its representatives would apologize to each U.S. Fiesta customer still waiting for the vehicle in phone calls from a call center.

Customers with outstanding orders will also be offered the $50 MasterCard gift cards "as a token of our appreciation for their patience," Ford said in a notice to its dealers.

Notice of the program was sent to Ford dealers in recent days and confirmed by the automaker on Friday.

"We have sent the gift cards," said Ford spokeswoman Angie Kozleski. "Our focus is on customer satisfaction."

Excellent move... and this should help most of the customers get past the delay.

Similar story. I anxiously awaited delivery of my new 1979 Mustang for eight weeks, after watching production of the car. The dealer (and Ford) couldn't locate the car, but the dealer had cars on his lot with vin #'s before my car and several vin #'s after it. I subsequently elected to search myself, locating it at the transportation company (E&L - I still remember the name) yard (sitting in a large mud puddle w/a flat TRX tire) in the Detroit area. No apologies, no gas card.

Similar story. I anxiously awaited delivery of my new 1979 Mustang for eight weeks, after watching production of the car. The dealer (and Ford) couldn't locate the car, but the dealer had cars on his lot with vin #'s before my car and several vin #'s after it. I subsequently elected to search myself, locating it at the transportation company (E&L - I still remember the name) yard (sitting in a large mud puddle w/a flat TRX tire) in the Detroit area. No apologies, no gas card.

Oh, for God's sake. Really? 31 years ago and you've still not let this go?

I have never ordered a car, I've always been able to get what I wanted from a dealer trade.

I've ordered three Mustangs over the past years from three different dealers...a 65 GT Fastback, a 69 Mach I, and an 85 GT. All three took exactly 8 weeks. The 65 was delivered as ordered; the 69 had the wrong tires; and the 85 had a window sticker stating that Ford had put 147 "test" miles on the car.

Transit times are always problematic when shipping from Mexico. It was almost the same back when the Fusion was first introduced. Dealers were waiting forever for decent supply of Fusions. It will take Ford months to catch up on Fiesta supply. The local Ford dealer by me estimates 2 months before dealer supply is decent. Ford seems to be willing to piss off consumers in the drive for profits. I guess if the vehicle is worth waiting for, people will wait and not go somewhere else. The only thing that worries me about the Fiesta is the complaints about the 6 speed power shift auto trans that costs over $1,000. Almost every reviewer complains about its overshifting in heavy traffic. I would probably stick with the manual, save a grand, and let Ford sort out its calibration problems.

Ford seems to be willing to piss off consumers in the drive for profits.

Good LORD man, would you SHUT UP about this? Ford didn't make this world, but they have to operate in it. That means they need to turn a profit, and if that means they have to do stuff that ticks you off, well so be it.

STOP WHINING.