Power Liftgate - 2011 Sport

Project-Fairmont

• 1 month later...

Come on, how is that helpful?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Seriously - why would you take the time to post a question and wait hours or days for someone else to do the research and give you the answer when you could take 5 minutes and look it up yourself?

Here's something that ain't in the manual - what's the opening and closing time for the power liftgate at a given temperature? I don't expect there's any actual measurements but I'd like general impressions. I been with people who have power gates on other makes and some of them seem PAINFULLY slow to me.

Here's something that ain't in the manual - what's the opening and closing time for the power liftgate at a given temperature? I don't expect there's any actual measurements but I'd like general impressions. I been with people who have power gates on other makes and some of them seem PAINFULLY slow to me.

I'd guess 4-5 seconds to open and 5-6 to close (including the warning beeps). Temp doesn't seem to matter. I think it's as fast as it can practically be and still be safe.

• 2 weeks later...

It's definitely a worthy option, once you have it, you wouldn't want to be without it.

Always use it when our hands are full, groceries, or whenever we need to put something inside, not to mention, we get to bring the groceries from the car inside then close the door via remote, we don't have to put the groceries down outside to do that.

It may not be a big deal in the summer, but on rainy days or when ground is covered in snow, it's nice to simply pick up the bags, box, or whatever and just go inside and close it by simply the press of a button.

Tony

• 4 weeks later...

...It may not be a big deal in the summer, ...

Tony

It is if you live in deep south Texas! I am SO looking forward to using this thing on the string of 100-degrees-plus months we call summer. My first thought is popping the gate as I'm walking to the car to let the hot air out... remote start & get that air-conditioning running....

Gah. Need my Edge to hurry up & get here, so I can play with it!! :D

It is if you live in deep south Texas! I am SO looking forward to using this thing on the string of 100-degrees-plus months we call summer. My first thought is popping the gate as I'm walking to the car to let the hot air out... remote start & get that air-conditioning running....

I'll have to remember that little tidbit next summer. Boy that seems like a long time away.

I do live in the deep south of texas and i've had my 2011 Edge Sport for 7 weeks now. The remote start is really nice during the heat. you just have to be in range of the remote start and give it enough time to run to get the AC cold. It doesnt happen immediately.

So say you start the vehicle the second you walk out the grocery store and by the time you get the vehicle the AC hasnt run long enough to blow anything but hot air around inside.

• 1 month later...

You can operate it manually.

For all intents and purposes... But in a technical sense, I believe you are really still operating it with the power. There is a button on the outside of the door that lets you tell the door to open, thus the pseudo-manually. But I don't believe you can really lift or close it through solely your moving the hatch. It seems that would possibly cause a problem with the power arm.

For all intents and purposes... But in a technical sense, I believe you are really still operating it with the power. There is a button on the outside of the door that lets you tell the door to open, thus the pseudo-manually. But I don't believe you can really lift or close it through solely your moving the hatch. It seems that would possibly cause a problem with the power arm.

Sure you can - but you have to first turn off the power arm via the message center. Then it's totally manual.

Seriously - why would you take the time to post a question and wait hours or days for someone else to do the research and give you the answer when you could take 5 minutes and look it up yourself?

Well, since you can basically find ANY information somewhere on the internet...let's close this forum.. :reading: