SALINE NEWS

The Dirty One DTP

Currently there are no ACH plants slated to return to Blue Oval anytime soon so I don't know where your getting your information from. Also I've spoken with someone downtown at Region 1A and they said that people will not have the option of returning to their home ACH plants for any reason what so ever.

Edited by dtpbody

The rumor at AAI is that Saline has been sold, but no one can confirm it. It would be a private sale, and companies can keep it hush-hush during that type of sale. I doubt Ford would buy the plant back, and if they don't, then all the light blue workers have to go back to their home plants if the plant is sold. AAI has about 500 workers at Saline, and they wouldn't be needed here unless we returned to 2 shifts. The company has said they will evaluate the Jan-Mar sales and if they are high enough, go back to 2 shifts. That would mean we would need all the loan outs back by next spring. However, our sales always drop way off in late fall - to early winter, and with the economy tanking again, I don't think our sales will be high enough to warrant 2 shifts. Good luck to our loan outs and everyone else at Saline, I hope you guys find out what's going on soon.

The rumor at AAI is that Saline has been sold, but no one can confirm it. It would be a private sale, and companies can keep it hush-hush during that type of sale. I doubt Ford would buy the plant back, and if they don't, then all the light blue workers have to go back to their home plants if the plant is sold. AAI has about 500 workers at Saline, and they wouldn't be needed here unless we returned to 2 shifts. The company has said they will evaluate the Jan-Mar sales and if they are high enough, go back to 2 shifts. That would mean we would need all the loan outs back by next spring. However, our sales always drop way off in late fall - to early winter, and with the economy tanking again, I don't think our sales will be high enough to warrant 2 shifts. Good luck to our loan outs and everyone else at Saline, I hope you guys find out what's going on soon.

Crazy, there was a rumor at AAI? i don't believe it!

Johnson Controls???

Sorry, But your wrong. An M.O.U. would be and is the first step in a sale, So its not so hush hush. But thank you for your concern, We all need it. I hope Mustang sales warrant a 2nd shift being put on at AAI as well.

Edited by wildosvt

they make IP's, skins and consoles at Saline, it's a very productive system and they make tuns of money. They make more money then say SRP does with their AO and injection mold departments. There is no way in hell Ford would sell Saline. They will keep it the way it is under the LCC of ACH where it's protected and where it makes the most money (If it's not broke don't fix it). That's why they brought back the scabs cause they bow down to anything their told and suck up (they were only supposed to work for 2 years) us Ford people have the right to be in these plants.

Edited by dtpbody

they make IP's, skins and consoles at Saline, it's a very productive system and they make tuns of money. They make more money then say SRP does with their AO and injection mold departments. There is no way in hell Ford would sell Saline. They will keep it the way it is under the LCC of ACH where it's protected and where it makes the most money (If it's not broke don't fix it). That's why they brought back the scabs cause they bow down to anything their told and suck up (they were only supposed to work for 2 years) us Ford people have the right to be in these plants.

And I thought Ford made money by building and selling cars and trucks.

And I thought Ford made money by building and selling cars and trucks.

Dtp body is just in denial T..People from Saline think that the plant is the cornerstone of Ford Motor. Its a feeling of entitlement that many at that plant feel. He doesnt realise it COSTS Ford money to run that plant(they are making money selling parts to themselves??) Ford would rather take the money it cost to run that place and invest it in new products or capacity around the world say maybe in a growing market overseas....JCI will own that place, its inevitable

they are making money selling parts to themselves??

Just like Ford owning the Lions and Ford motor, they are separate entities, and use their own money to fund themselves. they dont lump the 2 together.

saline and other plants from my understanding, set a price for their parts as, ford pays them and the plant makes money to pay for it's own operating cost.

Just like Ford owning the Lions and Ford motor, they are separate entities, and use their own money to fund themselves. they dont lump the 2 together.

saline and other plants from my understanding, set a price for their parts as, ford pays them and the plant makes money to pay for it's own operating cost.

But in reality Ford OWNS the Saline plant so Saline(which ford owns and invests money in as far as materials and upkeep..employees etc) sets the price and ford rights itself a check in a sense to buy the parts saline produces..its like a different division of Ford..And the Lions are owned by the Ford FAMILY not the Ford motor co

I don't think people at Saline think the plant is the cornerstone, they just know that the IP is a very integral part of a vehicle and if the quality isn't there then that spells trouble for the automaker. Some of the processes there are very specialized and you can't just throw the work to just anyone out there to do. It's the one thing that the customer first sees when he gets in a car and the one thing he'll see every time he gets in it. Seems it's a pretty important piece to the puzzle. I don't know why people have to be haters here and think the worst about people. It's called pride and we should all have it no matter what our job is or where we're at, right? Aren't we all in this together?

I don't think people at Saline think the plant is the cornerstone, they just know that the IP is a very integral part of a vehicle and if the quality isn't there then that spells trouble for the automaker. Some of the processes there are very specialized and you can't just throw the work to just anyone out there to do. It's the one thing that the customer first sees when he gets in a car and the one thing he'll see every time he gets in it. Seems it's a pretty important piece to the puzzle. I don't know why people have to be haters here and think the worst about people. It's called pride and we should all have it no matter what our job is or where we're at, right? Aren't we all in this together?

Anybody that thinks nobody else can do their job is delusional. Everything can be outsourced. If Saline, and the products they make, were so important, or if nobody else could do it, it would have never been placed into ACH.

That being said, I hope Saline becomes a Ford plant again. The more Ford jobs we have, the more secure everybody is.

But it wont happen. Sorry Chucky, er, I mean dtpbody.

I don't know why he keeps calling me Chucky. that isn't my name ass hole.

2nd. Saline did outsource their IP's to a company that failed in quality and production rates that's why they got some of "that" work back. The problem I have with ACH plants is not the jobs or how they are ran, or how they make money, the problem I have with them is the fact that our union won't give these jobs back to us, weather or not were from Saline, SRP or any other ACH plant. Everyone that originally hired in back in 1995 and earlier to their prospective blue oval plant should have the right to be placed back if those plants are not being slated to be closed or sold in the next contract.

To speak better English here to you, so you all can understand. here it is another way.

Those plants cried poor mouth for years saying they didn't make money, they were being sold, they were being closed etc etc etc.. Cry Cry Cry by the company and the IUAW came in giving their state of the plants year after year, Cry Cry Cry we may be sold etc etc etc... AND NOTHING HAPPENED!!!

People were lied too for years saying they were doing a good job by the UAW to keep up the good work, year after year state of the plant meetings took place (SRP) for example, they always had their outside circus tents with their state of the plant meetings by the company and IUAW and they all "Con Jobbed" us. Those people wouldn't tell us the truth if our lives depended on it all the while they were getting set for VistiCRAP to roll in, they rolled in the temps.. Family members getting their sons and daughters 14.00 an hour jobs just screwing over the factory worker left and right.

Then years later they make those damn workers blue oval workers and decide to still pay them their 2nd tier wage which now starts to pit worker against worker. They knew what they were doing and they knew what they were gonna do years down the road.

Now were sitting here almost 7 years later, people uprooted from their jobs, sent to different states and people told and lied too about getting out of VistiCRAP before they go out of business and everyone becomes a 2nd tier worker or a non-blue oval employee. What kinda shit was THAT?? huh??

THEN the VALEO bullshit started. (SRP) and plants like SALINE were supposed to be sold. BS!.. no one bought those plants they are still Ford to this date but with a different name on the front door. This is like rubbing MUD in the face of those workers that got "CON JOBBED" into thinking they were fuc*ed if they didn't leave.

I wish the IUAW and the company would tell us who the hell (plants) are slated to close next contract or within the next few years so we know what the hell is going on. Now I know there was an agreement made between both parties that no more plants would close up until at least the next contract started.. Well if no plants are being closed or sold, then allow us damn people to go back where the hell we hired in at. This would also improve quality because those temp workers don't care about a "scratch" or a dropped screw in parts anyway. Lets us real workers that had, and have the rights to those jobs BACK in those plants.

Ask your buddy that had to sell his house to go to OHIO how he's doing now?? that same buddy that was also "CON JOBBED" that had to uproot his kids and home because he was told that ViSTICRAP or Valieo was coming in. heheheheh.. That guy got screwed and I know personally a couple of them.

Ask yourself when your going to be screwed next.. oh wait, I'm sure you were already and I bet your somewhere where you don't wanna be.

Yes we are lucky to have jobs, but the UAW is supposed to work for us not against us. Keeping information and lying to us year after year is not what the IUAW is supposed to be doing for us!.

Lets allow those workers to go back to their plants, and send them temps packing!. They were only supposed to work for a couple years, and now they got your lifetime JOB!. HOW DO YOU ALL FEEL ABOUT THAT!!

Timeline of Being Screwed

Ok we were force fed this (1997):

Ford to Spin off Visteon Parts Unit

This was a big lie, us Ford workers got screwed here (ACH was only a conception at the top at this point and I bet the IUAW knew what was coming):

Ford Workers to Replace Visteon Workers at ACH

JCI wants to Buy Saline but doesn't (Boy this was a lie cause other buyers like Valeo were supposedly sniffing SRP at this time too - who was sniffing out other plants??? big lie now planted to get you to leave so someone can take your job at 15 bucks an hour):

ACH's bid to sell former Ford Plants on Track, First Sale Made

Then Visteon goes out of business (The ACH concept now becomes reality) - the screwing starts, plants were not sold to anyone some were indeed closed and people moved but never sold - Ford/IUAW now tells people they can't bid on any jobs only 15.00 an hours can only bid on them, more screwing for 2 years while you wait to be moved after being conned into signing a survey to leave your home plant by the IUAW lol - people that never signed are backing in the sun light with good jobs now such as cleaners, tug drivers, loading/unloading dock office jobs, hi-lo drivers, maintenance jobs etc etc:

Court Approves Chap 11 Plan for Visteon

See the writing on the wall here people?? Ford became so profitable with it's remaining VisiBlow plants that they created rumors and banter about how these plants were gonna be sold, those sales never came through because they found they were starting to be more and more profitable in those parts plants. Why sell them if they are making millions for you?? OH I GOT AN IDEA, lets name it ACH.LLC and we'll just keep the plants and move out the 30.00 an hour workers!

HAHAHAAHAHAHHA YOU ALL GOT CON JOBBED! OWN IT! ADMIT IT!. Don't come in here hating me for speaking the truth!! com on fella's.. Also all you guys with 25 or more years in I don't want to hear anything from you cause you don't matter any more in the system!. Your rolling out soon and we that have 10-15 years in have a lifetime ahead of us here at Ford, or what seems to be a lifetime.

thank you!.

Edited by dtpbody

But in reality Ford OWNS the Saline plant so Saline(which ford owns and invests money in as far as materials and upkeep..employees etc) sets the price and ford rights itself a check in a sense to buy the parts saline produces..its like a different division of Ford..And the Lions are owned by the Ford FAMILY not the Ford motor co

when i said Ford, i meant the family name, not the company.. i.e. bill ford sr.

I don't know why he keeps calling me Chucky. that isn't my name ass hole.

2nd. Saline did outsource their IP's to a company that failed in quality and production rates that's why they got some of "that" work back. The problem I have with ACH plants is not the jobs or how they are ran, or how they make money, the problem I have with them is the fact that our union won't give these jobs back to us, weather or not were from Saline, SRP or any other ACH plant. Everyone that originally hired in back in 1995 and earlier to their prospective blue oval plant should have the right to be placed back if those plants are not being slated to be closed or sold in the next contract.

To speak better English here to you, so you all can understand. here it is another way.

Those plants cried poor mouth for years saying they didn't make money, they were being sold, they were being closed etc etc etc.. Cry Cry Cry by the company and the IUAW came in giving their state of the plants year after year, Cry Cry Cry we may be sold etc etc etc... AND NOTHING HAPPENED!!!

People were lied too for years saying they were doing a good job by the UAW to keep up the good work, year after year state of the plant meetings took place (SRP) for example, they always had their outside circus tents with their state of the plant meetings by the company and IUAW and they all "Con Jobbed" us. Those people wouldn't tell us the truth if our lives depended on it all the while they were getting set for VistiCRAP to roll in, they rolled in the temps.. Family members getting their sons and daughters 14.00 an hour jobs just screwing over the factory worker left and right.

Then years later they make those damn workers blue oval workers and decide to still pay them their 2nd tier wage which now starts to pit worker against worker. They knew what they were doing and they knew what they were gonna do years down the road.

Now were sitting here almost 7 years later, people uprooted from their jobs, sent to different states and people told and lied too about getting out of VistiCRAP before they go out of business and everyone becomes a 2nd tier worker or a non-blue oval employee. What kinda shit was THAT?? huh??

THEN the VALEO bullshit started. (SRP) and plants like SALINE were supposed to be sold. BS!.. no one bought those plants they are still Ford to this date but with a different name on the front door. This is like rubbing MUD in the face of those workers that got "CON JOBBED" into thinking they were fuc*ed if they didn't leave.

I wish the IUAW and the company would tell us who the hell (plants) are slated to close next contract or within the next few years so we know what the hell is going on. Now I know there was an agreement made between both parties that no more plants would close up until at least the next contract started.. Well if no plants are being closed or sold, then allow us damn people to go back where the hell we hired in at. This would also improve quality because those temp workers don't care about a "scratch" or a dropped screw in parts anyway. Lets us real workers that had, and have the rights to those jobs BACK in those plants.

Ask your buddy that had to sell his house to go to OHIO how he's doing now?? that same buddy that was also "CON JOBBED" that had to uproot his kids and home because he was told that ViSTICRAP or Valieo was coming in. heheheheh.. That guy got screwed and I know personally a couple of them.

Ask yourself when your going to be screwed next.. oh wait, I'm sure you were already and I bet your somewhere where you don't wanna be.

Yes we are lucky to have jobs, but the UAW is supposed to work for us not against us. Keeping information and lying to us year after year is not what the IUAW is supposed to be doing for us!.

Lets allow those workers to go back to their plants, and send them temps packing!. They were only supposed to work for a couple years, and now they got your lifetime JOB!. HOW DO YOU ALL FEEL ABOUT THAT!!

Timeline of Being Screwed

Ok we were force fed this (1997):

Ford to Spin off Visteon Parts Unit

This was a big lie, us Ford workers got screwed here (ACH was only a conception at the top at this point and I bet the IUAW knew what was coming):

Ford Workers to Replace Visteon Workers at ACH

JCI wants to Buy Saline but doesn't (Boy this was a lie cause other buyers like Valeo were supposedly sniffing SRP at this time too - who was sniffing out other plants??? big lie now planted to get you to leave so someone can take your job at 15 bucks an hour):

ACH's bid to sell former Ford Plants on Track, First Sale Made

Then Visteon goes out of business (The ACH concept now becomes reality) - the screwing starts, plants were not sold to anyone some were indeed closed and people moved but never sold - Ford/IUAW now tells people they can't bid on any jobs only 15.00 an hours can only bid on them, more screwing for 2 years while you wait to be moved after being conned into signing a survey to leave your home plant by the IUAW lol - people that never signed are backing in the sun light with good jobs now such as cleaners, tug drivers, loading/unloading dock office jobs, hi-lo drivers, maintenance jobs etc etc:

Court Approves Chap 11 Plan for Visteon

See the writing on the wall here people?? Ford became so profitable with it's remaining VisiBlow plants that they created rumors and banter about how these plants were gonna be sold, those sales never came through because they found they were starting to be more and more profitable in those parts plants. Why sell them if they are making millions for you?? OH I GOT AN IDEA, lets name it ACH.LLC and we'll just keep the plants and move out the 30.00 an hour workers!

HAHAHAAHAHAHHA YOU ALL GOT CON JOBBED! OWN IT! ADMIT IT!. Don't come in here hating me for speaking the truth!! com on fella's.. Also all you guys with 25 or more years in I don't want to hear anything from you cause you don't matter any more in the system!. Your rolling out soon and we that have 10-15 years in have a lifetime ahead of us here at Ford, or what seems to be a lifetime.

thank you!.

I agree with much that you say here chucky..but ive NEVER in all your rants heard you mention that the "Great Recession"(economy) had anything to do with the failure of Fords plans to shed these plants. Once the economy gets back to somewhat normal they will rid themselves of these plants...If the economy would NOT have gone bad these plants would have been sold as planned..I believe in some ways you have not been told the whole story..but you have not been flat out lied to

if the products that saline makes for ford are so important, who make those parts for all the other U.S. cars and the imports?

Saline does 98% of all the IP's (Instrument Panels) for all of Ford Motor. They just got new work in there 3 months ago. If you were from Saline or any other ACH plant don't you feel that you should have the right to go back and do those jobs?

As for other automakers making IP's they have their own plants and way of making them just like Saline does. What does other auto maker's have to do with Saline? I don't get your question.

And the products that Saline makes for Ford ARE IMPORTANT, like the guy said above, that is the first thing you see when you get in your car and you look at it all the time while in it.

If someone doesn't know what I'm talking about they really need to go over to Saline and take a factory tour to see what goes on. Their quality there is like 99.9% vs other plants where their quality lacks big time. SRP for example has a big quality and scrap problem, they did for years and still do. Their AO department (Radiator and Heater Core) has had scrap and quality problems up the wazoo for years partly because of the engineering process and the temp workers. These visticrap temp workers don't care about their jobs, they go to work every day pissed because they make 15 bucks less then the left over 100 people in the plant with them are making. How would you feel if you had to work everyday with that in the back of your mind.

BTW I call them Visteon workers, because ACH is nothing but a baby of Visteon. It will too go sour eventually.

Now take into account that you have Ford "buyout" people taking old Visteon jobs including HR and front office add to that mix and what do you get a major pile of crap.

Visteon did go out of business btw. They operate now back under the Ford umbrella which is the only think keeping them alive. Visteon is basically a trucking company now. hahahahahahahahah

Everyone better get with their local unions and start bitching about these job placements, and all you people with 25 years in or more, get ready to start working because the company wants you OUT!! When they start taking away your "Walk around" jobs and make you work, I'm sure your ass will be gone, and that's just what they want.

Face it people, they are slowly getting out the 30.00 an hour jobs. It may take them another 15 years to do it, but that's what they are looking at down the road. And I wouldn't put it past the IUAW again to bargain for pay cuts this next contract.

Are you willing to take a $5 paycut for a nice large check say $5k?? (before taxes)??? I hope your not.. and shame on you if you do..

Edited by dtpbody

Saline does 98% of all the IP's (Instrument Panels) for all of Ford Motor. They just got new work in there 3 months ago. If you were from Saline or any other ACH plant don't you feel that you should have the right to go back and do those jobs?

As for other automakers making IP's they have their own plants and way of making them just like Saline does. What does other auto maker's have to do with Saline? I don't get your question.

And the products that Saline makes for Ford ARE IMPORTANT, like the guy said above, that is the first thing you see when you get in your car and you look at it all the time while in it.

If someone doesn't know what I'm talking about they really need to go over to Saline and take a factory tour to see what goes on. Their quality there is like 99.9% vs other plants where their quality lacks big time. SRP for example has a big quality and scrap problem, they did for years and still do. Their AO department (Radiator and Heater Core) has had scrap and quality problems up the wazoo for years partly because of the engineering process and the temp workers. These visticrap temp workers don't care about their jobs, they go to work every day pissed because they make 15 bucks less then the left over 100 people in the plant with them are making. How would you feel if you had to work everyday with that in the back of your mind.

BTW I call them Visteon workers, because ACH is nothing but a baby of Visteon. It will too go sour eventually.

Now take into account that you have Ford "buyout" people taking old Visteon jobs including HR and front office add to that mix and what do you get a major pile of crap.

Visteon did go out of business btw. They operate now back under the Ford umbrella which is the only think keeping them alive. Visteon is basically a trucking company now. hahahahahahahahah

Everyone better get with their local unions and start bitching about these job placements, and all you people with 25 years in or more, get ready to start working because the company wants you OUT!! When they start taking away your "Walk around" jobs and make you work, I'm sure your ass will be gone, and that's just what they want.

Face it people, they are slowly getting out the 30.00 an hour jobs. It may take them another 15 years to do it, but that's what they are looking at down the road. And I wouldn't put it past the IUAW again to bargain for pay cuts this next contract.

Are you willing to take a $5 paycut for a nice large check say $5k?? (before taxes)??? I hope your not.. and shame on you if you do..

Visteon is NOT out of business and its much more than a trucking company..its on stock exchange..global company..you talk out of your ass chucky

Ha Ha this is funny. :hysterical: Scrap problem ya thats why saline has 3 regrind machines running around the clock and when one breaks down it piles up like crazy. Dont kid yourself saline has a scrap problem they just grind it up. They might be better at not letting it get to the assembly plant though.