So what do you guys hope for in the 07' redesign?

My wants....

- 3v 300 hp V8 with an optional 93 tune making 335 hp

- a LSD with atleast 3.55 gears

- a 3000 rpm stall torque convertor stock for higher performance models

- a good five or good six speed auto

- lessened front over hang with Ford fusion style head lights

- redesigned rear susspension linkage to allow for larger trunk and place the spare under the car for crying outloud. With the right set up, they could take full advantage of all the space provided for with the trunk. The space would be out of this world. I think it would hold more than most midsize truck beds.

- circular 64' style Galaxie tail lights

- new dash with a Mustang GT style circular dials.

Give it a 500 look (to increase rear legroom) (This would copy the '79's that were based on the Fairmont)

Keep the body on frame design

Add McPherson struts and rack & pinion steering

Give it the Mustang's engine (or try to fit a 5.4)

Make the interior more modern with more "gadgets".

:huh: It already has rack and pinion, struts are for dummies and so is the 500 :P

Now a Ford427 look and 4V heads would be nice.

You "gadgets" idea sounds OK... elaborate???

I'd like to see them keep the car around the same size. They need to do *something* as far as the headlights, to make the car "mean" looking. As it is, the only Panther car that looks threatening is the Marauder and the CV Sport. I think 5 spoke 17" wheels should be on option on both the CV/GM. They need a low cost "performance package" that includes the dual exhaust, large wheels, 3.55 (or better) gears, and they should ALL be bucket seat/floor shifter cars. :lol: An optional 6 speed gearbox would be nice, as would GPS. If you *really* wanna think big, SVT should make one. They need to throw a blown Cobra variant under the hood, and give the car very distinctive features to set it apart from the rest. Oh yeah, and they should make all the cars monochromatic like the LX sport/Marauder with the chrome grille/accents being an option.

Jeez.........I feel like a kid writing to santa.

Most the major things've been suggested already :D

lessee...

I remember someone before the crash suggesting they use the medium wheelbase (117.7") for the CV & GM and make all TC's long, ie 123.7" wlb.

...shorter overhangs tho (but not smaller trunks).

(('course they could use the 114.7" version for a 2 door sport model...))

Can the CV & GM have different style roofs? at least C-pillars? I thought that worked great in differentiating the '96-on Taurus & Sable.

I'd like to see the GM get Milan-ish tail lights (Montego too).

Ditch the wrap-around headlight/turn signals for Fusion style side markers?

All new interiors might have to wait for the 2nd half of the redo in 2008cy...

but if they freshen the dash 'face' (dashtop stays the same) mainly new trim pieces on console & dash, different steeringwheel...

03.mercury.grandmarquis.int.500.jpg

2007-XK.jpg

well, I see a resemblance!

Anybody think Galaxie is a cooler name than Crown Victoria? Marquis minus the Grand? Call a renewed TC the Lincoln Panther instead? B)

disclaimer:

I'm not responsible for anything I post tonite due to tryptophan(turkey) overload Zzz.gif

So what do you guys hope for in the 07' redesign?

My wants....

- 3v 300 hp V8 with an optional 93 tune making 335 hp

- a LSD with atleast 3.55 gears

- a 3000 rpm stall torque convertor stock for higher performance models

- a good five or good six speed auto

- lessened front over hang with Ford fusion style head lights

- redesigned rear susspension linkage to allow for larger trunk and place the spare under the car for crying outloud. With the right set up, they could take full advantage of all the space provided for with the trunk. The space would be out of this world. I think it would hold more than most midsize truck beds.

- circular 64' style Galaxie tail lights

- new dash with a Mustang GT style circular dials.

Just bring the Marauder back...

Or a CV version

Most the major things've been suggested already :D

lessee...

All new interiors might have to wait for the 2nd half of the redo in 2008cy...

but if they freshen the dash 'face' (dashtop stays the same) mainly new trim pieces on console & dash, different steeringwheel...

...well, I see a resemblance!

Anybody think Galaxie is a cooler name than Crown Victoria? Marquis minus the Grand? Call a renewed TC the Lincoln Panther instead? B)

I will say that the interiors of many Ford products do in fact have a "positional" resemblance one to the other... I think your right there.

I also think a restyling must be much more comprehensive than what you suggest. That second interior is a bit low grade for a "panther". I'd go straight "glass cockpit" on all models... a significantly modernized glass cockpit... <_< I should say.

You could be right. Put all "panthers" on the 117" WB as a cost saving, and call 'em Ford Galaxie, Mercury Marquis and Lincoln Continental. These were the names circa 1969. Speaking of the '60s, the '68 T-Bird is my favorite starting point for a styling update. Oh, and finally a return to a "continental" sized Lincoln ;) :D

427 would be nice, with dual exhaust of course..

(Dad used to have 64 Galaxie 500XL, 427 8V... B) )

300hp base engine would be useful.

How about 3rd row seating and a Magic Doorgate?? :D ;)

On the sedans, put the spare under a trap door like a Taurus, flip down rear seats.

'64 Galaxie taillights, with LEDs for better visibility

IRS, with conmensurate tow ratings, like Explorer/Expedition. Makes no sense that the cars are rated at 2000 lbs, when trucks with the same drivetrain are rated much higher. My 88 351W was rated at 6000 lbs, with 2.73 gears!

How about run past the Mopars? ;)

Why speculate or dream about things that won't happen? D3 is Ford's big sedan future.

For the Lincoln Town car, yes but Ford has said officially that it will keep the panther platform around until atleast 2009. So therefore, there is plenty to speculate about.

...I also think a restyling must be much more comprehensive than what you suggest...

I was just thinking that for the first redo (only $100million), significant interior improvements could be made for not much $$, leaving the lion share for the drivetrain. Then the second redo ($200mil) could include the full interior remake.

I seem to remember (B4theCrash) someone also said that the GM was getting the most visible changes this first time.

• 2 weeks later...