New incentives?

Have your dealer run a SMART VINCENT report on the vehicle in question. It will identify any compatibility errors with the private and public offers. With so many incentives, it is crucial that the dealer run this on every potential sale.

Thanks will have to do that and hope better incentives are coming and my 750 doesn't expire 5/3 as just got my VIN today

• 4 weeks later...

I believe the 2011 Incentive Protection Program (# 33458) is still in place and is good for all dealers. In the past, the retail order protection program could only be utilized by "Select" dealers. Now both "Select" and "Contact" dealers can participate.

Will,

I asked about incentive protections in mid-March when I placed my order and was told there were none. I subsequently saw your posts on this. My truck is going to be delivered shortly. I again asked the dealer about this and gave him the program number. He researched it and is telling me that the program does exist but I would have had to have signed up for it when placing the order. Am I getting the right story?

Thanks

Will,

I asked about incentive protections in mid-March when I placed my order and was told there were none. I subsequently saw your posts on this. My truck is going to be delivered shortly. I again asked the dealer about this and gave him the program number. He researched it and is telling me that the program does exist but I would have had to have signed up for it when placing the order. Am I getting the right story?

Thanks

[/quote

There is no "sign up" required; you did your part by ordering a new Ford! The dealer needs to compare current incentives to those in place when your vehicle was ordered. Please note that not all incentives are protected. If protected incentives have decreased, the dealer will claim the current incentives and then submit a claim under program # 33458 for the difference. They will need (1) DORA or screen print of Vehicle Order Confirmation Screen, (2) signed & dated purchase agreement / bill of sale / lease agreement, (3) buyer's order, (4) screen prints of SMART VINCENT showing cash rebates at time of order & delivery.

Customer cash, FMCC bonus cash, direct offers, RCL cash, FMCC subvened APR, FMCC subvened RCL rate & residual are generally protected.

FDAF programs, non-cash programs (gas cards, SIRIUS / SYNC subscription offers, etc.), discount packages, FMCC standard rates, early bird offers and trade assistance are generally unprotected.

All the vehicles I've owned have been special ordered through a Ford dealer. Over the years, I've bought at 4 different dealers. Each time, while finalizing the price, I was told that I would recieve the incentives available the day I placed my order, unless at the time of delivery they got better, in which I would recieve those.

If your dealer doesn't offer that, I suggest you walk!

All the vehicles I've owned have been special ordered through a Ford dealer. Over the years, I've bought at 4 different dealers. Each time, while finalizing the price, I was told that I would recieve the incentives available the day I placed my order, unless at the time of delivery they got better, in which I would recieve those.

If your dealer doesn't offer that, I suggest you walk!

In the past, this program was only available to the "Select" dealer body. It was expanded in the 2010 model year to include the "Contact" dealers. If your previous orders were placed by a Contact dealer, they were rolling the dice or had a special agreement with Ford (no chance of that, however, since the playing field is level for all dealers [sarcasm off]).

Will,

Thanks

[/quote

There is no "sign up" required; you did your part by ordering a new Ford! The dealer needs to compare current incentives to those in place when your vehicle was ordered. Please note that not all incentives are protected. If protected incentives have decreased, the dealer will claim the current incentives and then submit a claim under program # 33458 for the difference. They will need (1) DORA or screen print of Vehicle Order Confirmation Screen, (2) signed & dated purchase agreement / bill of sale / lease agreement, (3) buyer's order, (4) screen prints of SMART VINCENT showing cash rebates at time of order & delivery.

Ok.. So I ordered a vehicle on 03-11-11. I did not complete a lease agreement yet, but I did provide a signed deposit. I received the VOC, DORA, and I was told by the dealer that the incentives were protected. Should I have already completed some sort of lease agreement?

Customer cash, FMCC bonus cash, direct offers, RCL cash, FMCC subvened APR, FMCC subvened RCL rate & residual are generally protected.

FDAF programs, non-cash programs (gas cards, SIRIUS / SYNC subscription offers, etc.), discount packages, FMCC standard rates, early bird offers and trade assistance are generally unprotected.

Well when I ordered my 2012 they were offering $1,500 cash back on 2011’s but I was told I will receive what ever rebates that available at the time my car arrives but should be the same. Well currently there are No rebates offered on 2012’s so I figured I was screwed but I am not letting it go so I contacted Ford direct. I stated that at the time of my order I was told there was going to be a $1,500 rebate and since I have been waiting since January and still no car they better do something. Supposedly there is a $500 rebate if you do not finance (WTF is that) so I chose to get my own financing at a much better rate anyway. I stated that if they are only giving me $%00 rebate then they can take there $850 destination fee and shove it or this sale is canceled.

I am expecting a call next week with an answer but they do not want a unhappy customer so something will be done. Also told me the car was going to go into production 4/14 and be delivered 4/29 and now I get “ it is already in production but will not be done until 4/29 then shipped to the dealer!! Are you serious 2.5 weeks to build a mustang? No wonder the BIG 3 are in a bad way, there production rate SUCKS!