Laid Off Employees Rights Vanish

swhoosier

The UAW and the Lima Engine Plant Manager announced the need for approximately 250 Production Jobs to meet the upcoming demand for the Engines built at the Facility. The new jobs are classified as Long Term Temporary Jobs up to 18 months. The startling fact was that none of the 250 New Jobs will be offered to any of the Laid Off UAW Employees or those Employees who are about to be Laid Off. It was announced that this had the Support of the International UAW.

What happened to the Rights of Laid Off UAW Members?? Not long ago the Sandusky Facility opened up their Temporary Jobs to Laid off Lima Engine Plant UAW Members. Is this the final direction of the International UAW !!! Are all Laid Off UAW Workers from now on going to be denied Job Opportunities that was once treated as a Contractual Right. Let the Laid Off UAW Members choose if they wish to accept Employement even if it is Classified as a Long Term Temporary Job. How could the International UAW think this is an acceptable process. By the way their wages will be substantially lower.

I still believe in the UAW and the power of the Membership. Please pass this along to all the UAW Members and urge them to contact all UAW Representatives and express their OUTRAGE over this new process of not offering New Job Opportunities to our Laid Off Brothers and Sisters. I still want to believe that this is a Membership Driven Union that sometimes looses sight of the way, and needs to be Reminded of their Duties and Responsibilities towards their Dues Paying Members. Remember your job could be next on the chopping block and where could you Transfer, since the International Supports this approach to any New Job Opportunities.

The UAW and the Lima Engine Plant Manager announced the need for approximately 250 Production Jobs to meet the upcoming demand for the Engines built at the Facility. The new jobs are classified as Long Term Temporary Jobs up to 18 months. The startling fact was that none of the 250 New Jobs will be offered to any of the Laid Off UAW Employees or those Employees who are about to be Laid Off. It was announced that this had the Support of the International UAW.

What happened to the Rights of Laid Off UAW Members?? Not long ago the Sandusky Facility opened up their Temporary Jobs to Laid off Lima Engine Plant UAW Members. Is this the final direction of the International UAW !!! Are all Laid Off UAW Workers from now on going to be denied Job Opportunities that was once treated as a Contractual Right. Let the Laid Off UAW Members choose if they wish to accept Employement even if it is Classified as a Long Term Temporary Job. How could the International UAW think this is an acceptable process. By the way their wages will be substantially lower.

I still believe in the UAW and the power of the Membership. Please pass this along to all the UAW Members and urge them to contact all UAW Representatives and express their OUTRAGE over this new process of not offering New Job Opportunities to our Laid Off Brothers and Sisters. I still want to believe that this is a Membership Driven Union that sometimes looses sight of the way, and needs to be Reminded of their Duties and Responsibilities towards their Dues Paying Members. Remember your job could be next on the chopping block and where could you Transfer, since the International Supports this approach to any New Job Opportunities.

Hey Brother I think you got it wrong. Pay better attention to what is being said in the meeting. They put up a flow chart explaining all of this maybe they should have given out hard copies for the slower employees. The jobs will be posted in other plants and people can temporaily transfer here just like the Lima People did when the transferred to Sandusky with DOE for those Long Term Temp Jobs there.

Hey Brother I think you got it wrong. Pay better attention to what is being said in the meeting. They put up a flow chart explaining all of this maybe they should have given out hard copies for the slower employees. The jobs will be posted in other plants and people can temporaily transfer here just like the Lima People did when the transferred to Sandusky with DOE for those Long Term Temp Jobs there.

Hey brother you better be right or you will be hunted down like the smartass union hack you are.. yes you..

I think you better check your sources. This does not sound legit.

I would bet this scenario does not happen

The meeting I was at never mentioned anything about jobs being posted at other plants. The employment office on Dixie Highway was the only pace to pick up applications or drop off the ones you got from the Co. Dan Weaver even said it made no sense to bring in transfers for the market share to drop and have to bump the low sen. out. You can take that for what its worth. Not even a month ago they all denied that any of this was going to happen at all. Lets not forget how their giving production jobs to the trades . this is the worst leadership in all of the UAW. THANK GOD ELECTIONS ARE COMING SOON.

The meeting I was at never mentioned anything about jobs being posted at other plants. The employment office on Dixie Highway was the only pace to pick up applications or drop off the ones you got from the Co. Dan Weaver even said it made no sense to bring in transfers for the market share to drop and have to bump the low sen. out. You can take that for what its worth. Not even a month ago they all denied that any of this was going to happen at all. Lets not forget how their giving production jobs to the trades . this is the worst leadership in all of the UAW. THANK GOD ELECTIONS ARE COMING SOON.

I agree..The company and union have both strayed so far from the contract its sad.When are the people on the shop floor going to be represented instead of the company and union pushing their agenda??

Perhaps you have forgot that the local agreement to which you refer, the MWT program, was written by Q-tip (aka Dan Hindgardener). Also as a point of fact, Dan Weaver had not even been elected skilled trades bargaining rep when that local agreement was ratified. The 2007 local agreement, if you remember correctly, the trades voted against it, production voted it for it. The production people voted to push their own jobs off onto tradesman that DIDN'T WANT IT THEN AND DON'T WANT IT NOW. While I am sure that there areas in which we could all suggest how our local leadership can make improvemnets, I think they haven't done too bad considering the shit-storm Q-tip left us in. If you think you can do better, come election time, step up brother!!!! Put your money where your mouth is!!!!

One thing you can do to help our local, promote solidarity on the shop floor. Don't just talk about it, do something about it. There is VERY little solidarity shown amongst the production members of the rank and file, that has to change first!!!!

Perhaps you have forgot that the local agreement to which you refer, the MWT program, was written by Q-tip (aka Dan Hindgardener). Also as a point of fact, Dan Weaver had not even been elected skilled trades bargaining rep when that local agreement was ratified. The 2007 local agreement, if you remember correctly, the trades voted against it, production voted it for it. The production people voted to push their own jobs off onto tradesman that DIDN'T WANT IT THEN AND DON'T WANT IT NOW. While I am sure that there areas in which we could all suggest how our local leadership can make improvemnets, I think they haven't done too bad considering the shit-storm Q-tip left us in. If you think you can do better, come election time, step up brother!!!! Put your money where your mouth is!!!!

One thing you can do to help our local, promote solidarity on the shop floor. Don't just talk about it, do something about it. There is VERY little solidarity shown amongst the production members of the rank and file, that has to change first!!!!

These dead beats like q-tip need to be held accountable. They leave us with a pile of shit while him and many before get a double dip job with the international after selling us out. lynch q-tip now..

EMERGENCY ACTION REQUIRED

The Ford Lima Engine Plant has already made contact with the Temporary Employees who worked at the Facility a few years ago. Approximately 50 past Temporary Employees will be starting work immediately. On the same front a great many people are being tested for the New Long Term Temporary Jobs. It appears the special lottery for the new job openings has taken place.

At what other Facility have these hundreds of Job opportunities been Posted?? The great travesty in this affair is that our laid off UAW Brothers and Sister have not been afforded the same courtesy of being contacted about employment opportunities at the Lima Engine Plant.

This move to put on the fast track the hiring of hundreds of New Temporary Employees was not accidental. Permission to add this many new employees to the payroll requires approval from the Ford Glass House with full knowledge by the International UAW. This is a very time consuming process. President/Chairperson Dan Huddleston from the Indianapolis UAW Local 1111 put forth an Official Notice dated October 21, 2010 to his Membership informing them:

"Through much discussion we have received the latest information about the possibility of permanent job openings at Lima Engine."

Another Major Issue of Concern: There already exist established procedures and processes for just such instances when Employment Opportunities arise. There are correct procedures to follow and should be done in a timely manner. There was foreknowledge of the need for additional Engines due to the launch of the New Explorer that will use the Engine produced at the Lima Facility. There is no excuse for this type of situation to arise.

Action must be taken immediately to stop what is taking place now. Aggressively spread the word about what is actually taking place. This site can again serve it purpose of informing fellow UAW Members of various situations taking place throughout our Company. Everyone needs to contact UAW Members everywhere and urge them to Pressure their Chairpersons, Presidents, Regional Representatives but most of all the International UAW. The International UAW must step up and Correct this Troublesome Process that is moving at such a fast pace there will be No Open Slots for our Laid Off Brothers and Sisters or those Members who are about to loose their jobs.

Major point in Question: Let us assume for a moment that all of the openings at the Lima Engine Plant have been filled with newly hired Long Term Temporary Employees. Will those Full Time Permanent UAW Employees that become Laid Off after the hiring of these Temporary Employees have the Right to Transfer to Lima Engine and Displace the newly hired Temporary Employees? I wish to thank the Employee who helped set the record straight about the truth of what was stated at the State of the Plant Meeting. When Employees saw a copy of the Notice the Chairperson of Local 1111 distributed, they were concerned because it was not supporting the information that was dispersed at the Meeting by Local 1219 Chairperson and the Lima Engine Manager.

IT IS A JUST AND WORTHY CAUSE TO BECOME ENGAGED IN AN ENDEAVOR TO HELP OUR LAID OFF UAW MEMBERS IN THEIR TIME OF NEED!!!

The Ford Lima Engine Plant has already made contact with the Temporary Employees who worked at the Facility a few years ago. Approximately 50 past Temporary Employees will be starting work immediately. On the same front a great many people are being tested for the New Long Term Temporary Jobs. It appears the special lottery for the new job openings has taken place.

At what other Facility have these hundreds of Job opportunities been Posted?? The great travesty in this affair is that our laid off UAW Brothers and Sister have not been afforded the same courtesy of being contacted about employment opportunities at the Lima Engine Plant.

This move to put on the fast track the hiring of hundreds of New Temporary Employees was not accidental. Permission to add this many new employees to the payroll requires approval from the Ford Glass House with full knowledge by the International UAW. This is a very time consuming process. President/Chairperson Dan Huddleston from the Indianapolis UAW Local 1111 put forth an Official Notice dated October 21, 2010 to his Membership informing them:

"Through much discussion we have received the latest information about the possibility of permanent job openings at Lima Engine."

Another Major Issue of Concern: There already exist established procedures and processes for just such instances when Employment Opportunities arise. There are correct procedures to follow and should be done in a timely manner. There was foreknowledge of the need for additional Engines due to the launch of the New Explorer that will use the Engine produced at the Lima Facility. There is no excuse for this type of situation to arise.

Action must be taken immediately to stop what is taking place now. Aggressively spread the word about what is actually taking place. This site can again serve it purpose of informing fellow UAW Members of various situations taking place throughout our Company. Everyone needs to contact UAW Members everywhere and urge them to Pressure their Chairpersons, Presidents, Regional Representatives but most of all the International UAW. The International UAW must step up and Correct this Troublesome Process that is moving at such a fast pace there will be No Open Slots for our Laid Off Brothers and Sisters or those Members who are about to loose their jobs.

Major point in Question: Let us assume for a moment that all of the openings at the Lima Engine Plant have been filled with newly hired Long Term Temporary Employees. Will those Full Time Permanent UAW Employees that become Laid Off after the hiring of these Temporary Employees have the Right to Transfer to Lima Engine and Displace the newly hired Temporary Employees? I wish to thank the Employee who helped set the record straight about the truth of what was stated at the State of the Plant Meeting. When Employees saw a copy of the Notice the Chairperson of Local 1111 distributed, they were concerned because it was not supporting the information that was dispersed at the Meeting by Local 1219 Chairperson and the Lima Engine Manager.

IT IS A JUST AND WORTHY CAUSE TO BECOME ENGAGED IN AN ENDEAVOR TO HELP OUR LAID OFF UAW MEMBERS IN THEIR TIME OF NEED!!!

You are wasting your time and energy.

Calm down....... Count to 10. Talk to your Chairman or local President or call your Region or IUAW. Get the real facts before you blow a hole in your keyboard.

I am sure they will follow the hierarchy and post. They probably will hire a handful of temps for launch like they always do, but I am sure the full time positions will be posted properly.

Once you find out the truth come back and apoligize for your condition

Edited by Grim Reaper

Hey Grim, you and I both no there is no use in calling a region or local rep, you get nothing but lies and dishonest banter. We only get information now from ourselves and the good willing people that pass it along.

Wake up from your dream world, a strike is coming on, and it's going to be against the IUAW this time.

We need to all rally and get these temp workers out the door. The membership didn't want this, and now that the company is profitable they can afford to keep the ones they need and raise their pay. Get rid of the rest orange workers that are taking over our parts plants..

I will educate myself whether its from my Chair or calling up the chain. I will get an answer and my Chair knows and I hold him accountable for the correct answer. Thats why we elected him.

I am with you if we need to strike. A strike over wages or entry level will not help us. Like it or not we are patterned to GM and Chrysler. A strike over entry level is also a strike over wages........ will not be attainable.

A strike over product and investments in our plants is where the IUAW should focus. Without product and investment we will never have a chance to get our consessions back in the next few contracts.

Complain all you want about your temps at ACH and the ones at Chicago (we were all offered). and the small amount used during launches. It is just that, temporary.

Quite simply with out Temps and Entry Level in our contracts we would not have the labor rates to argue new product and new investment in our plants.

A strike over product and investment is our only hope for a bright future.

The UAW is smart enough not to strike over wage and benefit increases, it will price us out of future work.

BTW welcome back

Grimshaw

• Like 1

Wow so how exactly and who is being screwed over with these temporary positions. What is the big conspiracy and how would a elected UAW officer benefit from this scenario?? I don't understand who is losing in all of this. It looks like adding 250 to 300 jobs is good for everyone involved. Everyone on layoff is being called back now. Just who is getting the shaft and why would a Union Officer want to shaft the people that vote for him or her? What you guys are complaining about just doesn't make any sense unless someone benefits from it and someone suffers otherwise it is a moot point. Why hasn't the all powerful OZ from IUAW stepped in if there is such a injustice being made. Hell one would think that with some big injustice being made all the Skanky Lawyers and the Press would be jumping in on this. It would probably sell some newspapers if there was any truth to it.

Its ok to bring in entry level people at entry level competitive wages, but the way they did was unjust. The GM workers is a perfect example. You ask what were complaining about, of course those orange workers are going to vote, they are told to do so by the UAW. And you ask who is making out by bringing in orange temps? the company is and the workers are suffering from it. The companies are now going to hold "new product" over the workers heads as a ploy to get you to work a lower wake.

Example:

GM builds a smart car worth 11,000, they tell you they are going to bring it into your plant as new product and you and your local gets a boner over it. No. Step 1) If you are speaking of Orion and the Pontiac Metal Center then you were notified as part of the bankruptcy settlement your plants are closed. Step 2) 2 Closed plants total 3,500 workers. Step 4) The UAW finds out GM is taking taxpayer money and will produce "B" cars in Korea and China. The UAW tells the Auto Task Force. The tasks force claims if the GM-UAW can produce it profitably then they have to prove that they can do it with a competitive labor rate. Step 5) UAW announces 3,500 jobs are saved. The ORION plant as well as the Pontiac Metal Center will be producing these cars. Step 6) UAW saves 3,500 jobs but an estimated 280 of those jobs will be at the 2 teir rate. Step 7) UAW is made out to be the problem here. What a joke......... I am glad a whacko like you are not part of the IUAW representing us. Happy to have the current leadership gaining product and investment, a natural form of job security.

You say there is going to be pattern bargening?? I highly doubt that anymore considering Ford didn't take bailout money and they are the most profitable company right now!. Pattern bargaining is all in rates for labor. Do the math. if 40,000 people make $1 more per hour than the other automakers. The total per year equals 83 Million dollars per year more than the other manufacturers. You cant ignore pattern in bad times and embrace it in good times.

You want to help people, bring the laid off GM workers that lost their jobs over to FORD to work as temps instead of these orange scab workers taking our jobs in all these parts plants. Those orange scab workers (no UAW brothers that want to work to feed their families) were told they were going to work for 2 years, then they were leaving, (then the bottom of the industry fell out and all the buyers ran) then Ford saw the profit earnings on them and kept them!. This was a violation (violation? what?) and the IUAW allowed it. Make no doubt about it as soon as a buyer walks in with the funding these ACH locations are gone. Look at Milan........... Gone

Edited by Grim Reaper

if the laid off brothers and sisters were seriously in need of a job, i would think they would have went to chicago or sandusky, who knows....just sayin.

Care to apologize to everyone for your senseless rant........

Found out from my Chair today that the Lima opportunities will follow the hierarchy as defined in the CBA. Long Term Temporary people will be minimal and a very short period of time.

Next time do your homework before you post BS.

This is a great site to exchange information. Rants like this just discredit the site.

Grimshaw

Found out from my Chair today that the Lima opportunities will follow the hierarchy as defined in the CBA. Long Term Temporary people will be minimal and a very short period of time.

This is a great site to exchange information. Rants like this just discredit the site.

Grimshaw

Mark one up for the good guys!!!!

Grimshaw

The only one that should apologize is you for your rude and abusive comments. FACT: It was announced at the State of the Plant Meeting, that all of the new Production Jobs would be filled by newly hired long term temporary employees at a much lower wage. FACT: It was also stated that this Employment Agreement was reached with special approval by the International UAW. FACT: Any census taken on the floor of both Skilled Trades and Production Employees will support the truth in what I have posted. In the very near future a great many of our Indianapolis Union Brothers and Sisters will be without work not counting the approximately 200 other UAW Members out of work. How do you think the Indianapolis Local 1111 found out about what is taking place at the Lima Engine Plant?

If by chance the Correct Procedure is followed in the end, it is possible information shared on this Site played a small role in correcting this approach for filling jobs being created due to the addition of a C Crew.

By the way “abusive one”, wasn’t it a beautiful site to behold at the State of the Plant Meeting, the Plant Manager putting his arm around the Local 1219 Chairman, maybe he should have kissed him also? Trying to make sure the correct process is followed is never considered a “Rant” where I come from!!!

• Like 1

The only one that should apologize is you for your rude and abusive comments. FACT: It was announced at the State of the Plant Meeting, that all of the new Production Jobs would be filled by newly hired long term temporary employees at a much lower wage. FACT: It was also stated that this Employment Agreement was reached with special approval by the International UAW. FACT: Any census taken on the floor of both Skilled Trades and Production Employees will support the truth in what I have posted. In the very near future a great many of our Indianapolis Union Brothers and Sisters will be without work not counting the approximately 200 other UAW Members out of work. How do you think the Indianapolis Local 1111 found out about what is taking place at the Lima Engine Plant?

If by chance the Correct Procedure is followed in the end, it is possible information shared on this Site played a small role in correcting this approach for filling jobs being created due to the addition of a C Crew.

By the way “abusive one”, wasn’t it a beautiful site to behold at the State of the Plant Meeting, the Plant Manager putting his arm around the Local 1219 Chairman, maybe he should have kissed him also? Trying to make sure the correct process is followed is never considered a “Rant” where I come from!!!

Wow your a genius. Good thing all us poor dumb lima people have u here to straighten everything out for us. Its amazing they kept our plant open so long without idots like you around to save us from the big bad corperation. Give me a break idiots like you make it easy to close plants how many have you shut down swlooser???