Electricians needed @ CAP & LAP

pullthecord

Damn. I don't think the M&C unit has any Electricians laid off. :(

Thats a good thing.

Anyway, if you are interested in CAP or LAP they may not be able to fill the reqs with ILO/Temp locations. They will look for volunteers from all locations before forcing the ILOs.

Good luck

Thats a good thing.

Anyway, if you are interested in CAP or LAP they may not be able to fill the reqs with ILO/Temp locations. They will look for volunteers from all locations before forcing the ILOs.

Good luck

Actually, I was interested in Livonia. I have custody of my two girls and I don't think my ex-wife would let me move the kids out of state.

• Like 1

The posting went up in Dearborn. CAP needs 6 asap, and LAP needs 15 for 7/1/11. Any one interested? CAP doesn't sound too bad. LAP good luck luring people to KY!

also Livionia would like 6 electricians for TEMP assignment asap.

Wish I was a sparky.

As Bre'r Rabbit woulda said,

"Drown me! Roast me! Hang me! Do whatever you please," said Brer Rabbit. "Only please, Brer Fox (Ford), please don't throw me into the briar patch (Kentucky Truck)."

Props to Joel Chandler Harris

Why would LAP/Kentucky Truck be such a bad place to go?

Hopefully you don't feel I am patronizing you here. I was raised on the tales of Uncle Remus and Joel Chandler Harris. I may have assumed he was more popular than I realized.

In case you have not read the tale of the Tar Baby and Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox. Br'er Rabbit is using reverse psychology in hopes he WILL be thrown into the briars. He' actually from the briar patch and is quite comfortable there. Br'er Fox hopes it will injure Br'er Rabbit and cut him up if he is thrown in them.

If you are not from the South, and even if you are, the dialect may prove to be difficult to read. Remember these tales were written during the post-Civil War era as told by "Uncle Remus", a former slave in the South.

Again, props to Joel Chandler Harris.

HOW MR. RABBIT WAS TOO SHARP FOR MR. FOX "Uncle Remus, " said the little boy one evening, when he had found the old man with little or nothing to do, "did the fox kill and eat the rabbit when he caught him with the Tar-Baby?"

"Law, honey, ain't I tell you 'bout dat?" replied the old darkey, chuckling slyly. "I 'clar ter grashus I ought er tole you dat, but ole man Nod wuz ridin' on my eyelids twel a leetle mo'n I'd a dis'member'd my own name, en den on to dat here come yo' mammy hollerin' atter you.

"W'at I tell you w'en I fus' begin? I tole you Brer Rabbit wuz a monstus soon beas'; leas'ways dat's w'at I laid out fer ter tell you. Well, den, honey, don't you go en make no udder kalkalashuns, kaze in dem days Brer Rabbit en his fambly wuz at de head er de gang w'en enny racket wuz en han', en dar dey stayed. 'Fo' you begins fer ter wipe yo' eyes 'bout Brer Rabbit, you wait en see wha'bouts Brer Rabbit gwineter fetch up at. But dat's needer yer ner dar.

"W'en Brer Fox fine Brer Rabbit mixt up wid de Tar-baby, he feel mighty good, en he roll on de groun' en laff. Bimeby he up'n say, sezee:

"'Well, I speck I got you did time, Brer Rabbit,' sezee; 'maybe I ain't but I speck I is. You been runnin' 'roun' here sassin' atter me a mighty long time, but I speck you done come ter de cen' er de row. You bin currin' up yo' capers en bouncin' 'roun' in dis naberhood ontwel you come ter b'leeve yo'se'f de boss er de whole gang. En der youer allers some'rs whar you got no bixness,' ses Brer Fox, sezee. 'Who ax you fer ter come en strike up a 'quaintence wid dish yer Tar-Baby? En who stuck you up dar whar you iz? Nobody in de 'roun' worril. You des tuck en jam yo'se'f on dat Tar-Baby widout waintin' fer enny invite,' sez Brer Fox, sezee, 'en dar you is, en dar you'll stay twel I fixes up a bresh-pile and fires her up, kaze I'm gwinteter bobbycue you dis day, sho,' sez Brer Fox, sezee.

"Den Brer Rabbit talk mighty 'umble,

"'I don't keer w'at you do wid me, Brer Fox,' sezee, 'so you don't fling me in dat brier-patch. Roas' me, Brer Fox,' sezee, 'but don't fling me in dat brier-patch,' sezee.

"'I ain't got no string,' sez Brer Fox, sezee, 'en now I speck I'll hatter drwon you,' sezee.

"'Drown me des ez deep es you please, Brer Fox," sez Brer Rabbit, sezee, 'but do don't fling me in dat brier-patch, ' sezee.

"'Dey ain't no water nigh,' sez Brer Fox, sezee, 'en now I speck I'll hatter skin you,' sezee.

"'Skin me, Brer Fox,' sez Brer Rabbit, sezee, 'snatch out my eyeballs, t'ar out my yeras by de roots, en cut off my legs,' sezee, 'but do please, Brer Fox, don't fling me in dat brier-patch,' sezee.

"Co'se Brer Fox wnater hurt Brer Rabbit bad ez he kin, so he cotch 'im by de behime legs en slung 'im right in de middle er de brierpatch. dar wuz a considerbul flutter whar Brer Rabbit struck de bushes, en Brer Fox sorter hang 'roun' fer ter see w'at wuz gwinter happen. Bimeby he hear somebody call im, en way up de hill he see Brer Rabbit settin' crosslegged on a chinkapin log koamin' de pitch outen his har wid a chip. Den Brer Fox know dat he bin swop off mighty bad. Brer Rabbit wuz bleedzed fer ter fling back some er his sass, en he holler out:

"'Bred en bawn in a brier-patch, Brer Fox--bred en bawn in a brier-patch!' en wid dat he skip out des ez lively as a cricket in de embers."

Hopefully you don't feel I am patronizing you here. I was raised on the tales of Uncle Remus and Joel Chandler Harris. I may have assumed he was more popular than I realized.

In case you have not read the tale of the Tar Baby and Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox. Br'er Rabbit is using reverse psychology in hopes he WILL be thrown into the briars. He' actually from the briar patch and is quite comfortable there. Br'er Fox hopes it will injure Br'er Rabbit and cut him up if he is thrown in them.

If you are not from the South, and even if you are, the dialect may prove to be difficult to read. Remember these tales were written during the post-Civil War era as told by "Uncle Remus", a former slave in the South.

Again, props to Joel Chandler Harris.

No, I don't feel patronized. I had heard the story of Brer Rabbit, however, it was a LONG time ago! Thanks for reminding me. Now i understand.

I found it odd that anyone would think KY Truck/LAP would be a bad place.

No, I don't feel patronized. I had heard the story of Brer Rabbit, however, it was a LONG time ago! Thanks for reminding me. Now i understand.

I found it odd that anyone would think KY Truck/LAP would be a bad place.

Ky/Lap would be no different than any other Ford Location. If you have a lot of senority there will be many who do not want you to relocate and move them down the list. If you have low senority they would care less. work is work no matter where you are in the ford system, Really the only thing to consider is if you have a family how they would react to moving. Away from grandparents, friends, ect. .

Thats a good thing.

Good luck

If they force ILO's wont the ILO's be able to force low man in zone?

Ky/Lap would be no different than any other Ford Location. If you have a lot of senority there will be many who do not want you to relocate and move them down the list. If you have low senority they would care less. work is work no matter where you are in the ford system, Really the only thing to consider is if you have a family how they would react to moving. Away from grandparents, friends, ect. .

KY/LAP is in one of the most beautiful areas in the region. I took summer shutdown vacation there a few years back to scout the area.

Betwixt Dearborn, Chi-town, KC, or Ohio, KTP and LAP are God's Country. IMHO :-)

But, that's supposed to be a secret. They don't want EVERYBODY flooding the place trying to get in.

KY/LAP is in one of the most beautiful areas in the region. I took summer shutdown vacation there a few years back to scout the area.

Betwixt Dearborn, Chi-town, KC, or Ohio, KTP and LAP are God's Country. IMHO :-)

But, that's supposed to be a secret. They don't want EVERYBODY flooding the place trying to get in.

I'll second that, fmc. I've visited Louisville 3 times so far this year; lovely countryside, nice people, too. Downtown Louisville was very nice: nice restaurants, friendly people, and it was very clean.

Has anyone heard of how many electricians signed up to go to LAP.?

They wanted 15. 4 of them will come from INDY. Romeo pulled a fast one to get i think 8 spots and 2 of them had 2004 seniority. Some how they laid off 8 Elect in the past two weeks thats how they got to jump to the top over everyone .

Edited by ford02

Looks like you were wrong. Seems many want to go to ky

LAP and KTP are like a orphanage or a Heinz 57 for ford ,we have a mix from about all the ford plants i beleave at KTP are lowest person has 10 years and most are used to the people coming in and stiring the pot up . just drive a ford or you walk about a mile to get in

LAP and KTP are like a orphanage or a Heinz 57 for ford ,we have a mix from about all the ford plants i beleave at KTP are lowest person has 10 years and most are used to the people coming in and stiring the pot up . just drive a ford or you walk about a mile to get in

IF THEY DON'T DRIVE A FORD THEY SHOULD HAVE TO WALK 10 MILES TO GET IN