profit sharing

Litng1

What do you guys think the odds are we get a profit sharing check in march? Looks like our profits are as good as they where in 99 when we got ave of 8100.00 per person.Im hoping for a good one.

Me too...plus we have around have the members then we did then. I think it's gonna be good ; )

What do you guys think the odds are we get a profit sharing check in march? Looks like our profits are as good as they where in 99 when we got ave of 8100.00 per person.Im hoping for a good one.

Slim to none and slim just left! Those days are gone! If I were a bettin' man, I bet a 1000.00 max.!

Ur right we didn't change a thing that we know of, but I bet the rear half of the cow the UNION did. We just don't know it yet......

I dont understand what all of the fuss is about.................. We all got profit sharing last year based on the formula that has been unchanged since as far back as I can remember.

What has changed since March 2010?

We should get decent profit sharing checks. If Ford makes 6 or 7 billion, they can still write off their "one time charges" and have plenty left to "share". I don't think we'll ever see the 6-8 thousand like 10 years ago again, not with over 20 Billion of debt to write down, however I think 1,500 to 3,000 (maybe more) is totally plausible for next March. Future profit sharing (2012 and on) will depend on how much we make an hour / year, and if Ford can still produce in the U.S. and compete at the same time with China, India and other lower cost producing countries. Our sales of cars in the near future will be rising sharply, but we need to make a good profit on those cars to get a big check. (Profit sharing formula is based on car sales, not trucks or SUV's) A lot of us are making a lot less this year (last year, too), so your check based on 50-60 thousand is way lower than basing it on 80-100k we made in good years. If you are still making close to 100k, you'd be in a small group that would still get a BIG check! I'm not counting on a really big check, but if it happens, I won't be sad to be wrong!

I see this "paying down debt" excuse on here all the time....I'm no MBA but why would that have anything to do with profit made during the year?...last i saw paying your debts is not tax deduction...so how does it change the companies profit?

I'm not an MBA either, but I've seen by working on the "outside" that a company can tie up profits with assets to keep from passing it down to us peons at the bottom. I wouldnt be so sure Ford won't do that with debt paydown. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, it just sounds logical to me. But hey, debt paydown is good for the company which is good for us if you look at the big pic......and no, I'm not a company man.

I'm not an MBA either, but I've seen by working on the "outside" that a company can tie up profits with assets to keep from passing it down to us peons at the bottom. I wouldnt be so sure Ford won't do that with debt paydown. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, it just sounds logical to me. But hey, debt paydown is good for the company which is good for us if you look at the big pic......and no, I'm not a company man.

I guess you will say that when you hear of the enormous bonuses and profit sharing checks management will get when we cant even get a lousy turkey for x-mass....its a real moral boost for us line workers.......... just saying

I guess you will say that when you hear of the enormous bonuses and profit sharing checks management will get when we cant even get a lousy turkey for x-mass....its a real moral boost for us line workers.......... just saying

Your going to get a xmas turkey it will be 3 months late and it won't have much meat on it :doh:

Hourly had nothing to do with the execellent quality productivity or efficiency at the few plants Ford has left in the U.S.

Management will have fat pockets :drool:

• Like 1

We will get what the contract calls for. Whether you think so or not, management deserves their share too.

You are correct with your statement and yes management deserves their share just like the hourly do. I am an hourly retiree and the thoughts and concerns expressed here are the same we had but the checks came and some years they were big. I am curious to see if the checks will be much larger than in my day because there about half the workers. At any rate I expect they will be sizable next year and it looks like for many years to come. Congratulations to all you guys and gals. I know you will enjoy those checks next year. You work hard and you deserve them. Please keep up the great work you are doing because I am loving my retirement and would like to keep doing so for many more years as well. You work for a great company, belong to a great union and have a great future.

• Like 5

You are correct with your statement and yes management deserves their share just like the hourly do. I am an hourly retiree and the thoughts and concerns expressed here are the same we had but the checks came and some years they were big. I am curious to see if the checks will be much larger than in my day because there about half the workers. At any rate I expect they will be sizable next year and it looks like for many years to come. Congratulations to all you guys and gals. I know you will enjoy those checks next year. You work hard and you deserve them. Please keep up the great work you are doing because I am loving my retirement and would like to keep doing so for many more years as well. You work for a great company, belong to a great union and have a great future.

WELL SAID

He can't because he's wrong. Profit sharing is based on profits from North American operations which includes Canada,Mexico and the United States.

Ask the union and look it up. It pissed off all of us in the late 90's when we found out the formula. Our district rep and plant chairman showed us at AAI the profit sharing formula a dozen years ago. It is based on North American CAR sales. They don't count trucks and SUV's because all the profit is built into them. We sell the most trucks and have for over 30 years, they always count on that. They based the formula on total profit, then took the truck & SUV factor out. If you sell more trucks, the higher the profit, but they multiply it among the car sales, so you have to sell a boatload of cars to have a high percentage to factor your check. It's crazy, but any union rep that has been around for a long time knows about the profit sharing factor. I will try to find it in our letters of understanding. I've seen the factor in print before, so it's out there.