Get rid of the SecuriCode keypad

alpha1847

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this feature. I had it on my old Taurus. By the time I realized how truely useful it was - my main use was leaving my stuff in the car at the gym - I totaled the car a few months later. Hopefully my next new Ford will have it. I did not know the tricks to pop the other doors/trunk. Nice.

I was thinking about the onstar thing vs. the key pad - you cannot lock your phone in your car if you go to the beach or something like that where you don't want anything extra with you.

I came in here expecting to post my displeasure with the keypad (I'm waiting on my new Edge to be delivered to the dealer) as I felt it was ugly and unnecessary since I will have the IA key, but now after reading all the posts I can now actually see where it might be useful.

I love internet forums!

I came in here expecting to post my displeasure with the keypad (I'm waiting on my new Edge to be delivered to the dealer) as I felt it was ugly and unnecessary since I will have the IA key, but now after reading all the posts I can now actually see where it might be useful.

I love internet forums!

I'm not a huge fan of the looks either (the B-pillar integrated ones are fine). At least they are color-keyed to the exterior, so it's really not too bad. I don't notice it there most of the time anymore anyway except when I want to use it. Turned out to be a very minor gripe in the big scheme of things.