2011 Explorer Turn Signal

I have only test driven a 2011 Explorer. The one feature that had me wondering a little was the turn signal. I am not sure if I like it not sticking up or down and then releasing after turning. I am wondering how well it works in everyday driving?

My brother in law's 2011 F250 is like that. When I first drove it, I didn't like it. But once I got used to it, I found that I really preferred over the conventional setup.

My brother in law's 2011 F250 is like that. When I first drove it, I didn't like it. But once I got used to it, I found that I really preferred over the conventional setup.

How do you cancel it if your do a simple lane change and not a turn?

I actually really like the new stalk design. There are a few different ways to operate it:

You can tap it until the first resistance bump, release it and it will flash 3 times.

You can tap it until the first resistance bump and hold it there, it will flash until you release it.

You can tap it to the second resistance bump and it will flash until you complete a turn.

If you tap it past the second resistance bump and want to cancel it, simply tap the stalk in the opposite direction and it cancels, and it won't flash the opposite side blinker like it often would when you try to cancel a turn signal on the older stalk designs.

It took a few days to really get used to it, but I wouldn't want to go back now.

• 2 months later...

I found this confusing on a test drive but once I figured it out, was no problem. These new vehicles have so many electronic features and gadgets these days that they should hold a class at the dealership! (just kidding)

You may be kidding, but that's exactly what they're doing. Ford now pays dealers a small fee on My Ford Touch equipped vehicles so the dealership can spend more time with the buyer explaining exactly how it works.

• 1 month later...

I have only test driven a 2011 Explorer. The one feature that had me wondering a little was the turn signal. I am not sure if I like it not sticking up or down and then releasing after turning. I am wondering how well it works in everyday driving?

I had the same questions when I test drove an explorer... had issues with the turn signal turning on automatically. Once your vehicle is delivered, do they review how to operate the turn signals??? I know this is a dumb question, but it is not what I am used to!! The other thing that was weriod is the electronic steering. I am used to tight steering from sporty cars... does it take long to adjust to this also??

I had the same questions when I test drove an explorer... had issues with the turn signal turning on automatically. Once your vehicle is delivered, do they review how to operate the turn signals??? I know this is a dumb question, but it is not what I am used to!! The other thing that was weriod is the electronic steering. I am used to tight steering from sporty cars... does it take long to adjust to this also??

It's not that hard and it's all explained in the owner's manual. Just like any other vehicle you can push the turn signal lever part way and it operates until you release it. With the explorer you can release it immediately and it flashes 3 times without you having to hold it. If you press it further it locks and stays on until the wheel turns the other way - just like on every other car.

It's not that hard and it's all explained in the owner's manual. Just like any other vehicle you can push the turn signal lever part way and it operates until you release it. With the explorer you can release it immediately and it flashes 3 times without you having to hold it. If you press it further it locks and stays on until the wheel turns the other way - just like on every other car.

Thanks for the info! Appreciate your time!!