Revamped WPA To Create 50,000 New Jobs By Disassembling, Reassembling Hoover Dam

Liberals wouldn't see anything illogical here. That is how it will end up. There will be protectionist policies that will rub other countries the wrong way, or make their existence next to impossible. They will declare war, and blast each other to smithereens. Then everyone will be employed re-building. It would be better to eliminate much of government and give the money back to the people to spend and create jobs.

Edited by Trimdingman
  • Like 2

Liberals wouldn't see anything illogical here. That is how it will end up. There will be protectionist policies that will rub other countries the wrong way, or make their existence next to impossible. They will declare war, and blast each other to smithereens. Then everyone will be employed re-building. It would be better to eliminate much of government and give the money back to the people to spend and create jobs.

You sir are one of a very very very few that would take anything from the onion.com seriously ................... sheesh

Liberals would recognize The Onion.

• Like 1

I am going to have to look that up. The Onion is it?

Yes, Perhaps you should read some of their stories before taking them seriously.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/lingeriewearing-boehner-we-still-have-a-very-prett,18775/?utm_medium=promobar&utm_campaign=recirculation

http://www.theonion.com/articles/the-vicepresidency-of-joe-biden,18444/?slide=1

Edited by Mark B. Morrow
  • Like 1

Just an observation, but the huffington post is at least as far to the left as fox is to the right, yet the right never CONTINUALLY bash it.

There are a lot of definately left media outlets, but you never see thread after thread about "XYZnews.com are idiots".

I see spin on both sides, saw "fox and friends" for the first (and last) time the other day. I find pretty much all media outlets are slanted the same degree, left or right. When there is 2hr's worth of news to jam in a 1hr show, only the sensationalist or juiciest gets aired.

I love the self-righteous finger pointing absolving all on the left as innocents. :finger:

• Like 2

......the most well-known fake news site on the internet. Foxnews.com would be second.

Perhaps if you could back up that statement by demonstrating a consistent pattern of "fake" or false reporting your assertion would carry more weight.

As it is, you're no less "trolled" than Trim is.

• Like 1

what about disassembling the hoover Dam, and letting the river run free? or would all thos epeople who built homes on mudslide prone slopes of california run out of water?

It was a joke. It is putting into perspective the government's stimulus plan so the layman can understand how it works. Back in the early days of Communism in the USSR, writers talked about how they were solving the unemployment problem over there by having one group of workers digging holes, and another group filling them back in .I don't know if it was true, or a myth, but it seems that the present U.S. government is of the same mindset. There is nothing being produced, just a lot of stirring up of dust, and brainwashing the people to believe that the Depression is over; praying for a self-fulfilling prophesy that is not borne out by the numbers. If we can get another credit card, we can continue the spree for a little longer. That is the best case scenario as we approach the abyss.

Edited by Trimdingman
  • Like 1

It was a joke. It is putting into perspective the government's stimulus plan so the layman can understand how it works. Back in the early days of Communism in the USSR, writers talked about how they were solving the unemployment problem over there by having one group of workers digging holes, and another group filling them back in .I don't know if it was true, or a myth, but it seems that the present U.S. government is of the same mindset. There is nothing being produced, just a lot of stirring up of dust, and brainwashing the people to believe that the Depression is over; praying for a self-fulfilling prophesy that is not borne out by the numbers. If we can get another credit card, we can continue the spree for a little longer. That is the best case scenario as we approach the abyss.

How exactly is the stimulus which is 40% tax cuts like digging and filling holes? I see lots of infrastructure projects in PA rebuilding badly damaged roads and bridges. Hardly useless work.

• Like 1

How exactly is the stimulus which is 40% tax cuts like digging and filling holes? I see lots of infrastructure projects in PA rebuilding badly damaged roads and bridges. Hardly useless work.

We will not need good roads if we do not have cars to drive on them. What the government needs to do is take measures to bring business back to the country and attract new business. Why are businesses leaving? It is because of high taxes to pay for bloated government, and over-regulation. Government will not solve the problem, because it is the problem. The people have to change the government; not just a new talking head, but structural change. This is not easy because the demographics is rigged. There are enough votes on the status quo side to keep the status quo. Change will invariably be in the wrong direction. The "solution" to unsustainable debt, according to this thinking, is not to cut back expenses, but to secure more credit. In the end, the whole system has to collapse.

• Like 1

Just an observation, but the huffington post is at least as far to the left as fox is to the right, yet the right never CONTINUALLY bash it.

There are a lot of definately left media outlets, but you never see thread after thread about "XYZnews.com are idiots".

I see spin on both sides, saw "fox and friends" for the first (and last) time the other day. I find pretty much all media outlets are slanted the same degree, left or right. When there is 2hr's worth of news to jam in a 1hr show, only the sensationalist or juiciest gets aired.

I love the self-righteous finger pointing absolving all on the left as innocents. :finger:

It's funny how idiots refuse to acknowledge the bias in reporting on the right by FAKING news stories to smear people that disagree with them. Of course every piece of corporate-owned news is slanted- that's what brings the networks their ratings. The Cronkite style of honest, opinion-free reporting died years ago. If they're reporting factual news, though, who gives a flying fuck? When Fox brings up an exclusive, it's with doctored video and absolute BS that their brain-warped audience just laps up because it's what they want to hear. Fox is tabloid journalism at it's worst, and false equivalency bullshit from the right doesn't erase that. Go ahead and live in your warped bubble of conservatard lies, though. It's chicken soup for the simple mind.

Perhaps if you could back up that statement by demonstrating a consistent pattern of "fake" or false reporting your assertion would carry more weight.

As it is, you're no less "trolled" than Trim is.

Typical. There are any number of sources that you can find with teh Google that show a consistent pattern of lies and false reporting from Fox and the rest of the Murdoch/Saudi-owned media empire, but you'll just keep on denying it regardless. I don't waste my time debating with people who refuse to be reasonable.

• Like 1

It's funny how idiots refuse to acknowledge the bias in reporting

Stop right there.

Before you start calling others "diots", explain to me why you are so vocal against Fox News, yet have said absolutely nothing about MSNBC, Media Matters, The Huffington Post, The Daily Kos, etc.

Your side is just as guilty as my side. And in fact, considering Fox is the only network for the Right, while the rest are clearly sided to the Left, your side has a lot more explaining to do.

on the right by FAKING news stories to smear people that disagree with them. Of course every piece of corporate-owned news is slanted- that's what brings the networks their ratings. The Cronkite style of honest, opinion-free reporting died years ago. If they're reporting factual news, though, who gives a flying fuck? When Fox brings up an exclusive, it's with doctored video and absolute BS that their brain-warped audience just laps up because it's what they want to hear. Fox is tabloid journalism at it's worst, and false equivalency bullshit from the right doesn't erase that. Go ahead and live in your warped bubble of conservatard lies, though. It's chicken soup for the simple mind.

You just described the entire line-up on MSNBC.

At least Fox invites Left Wing/Liberals/Democrats on their shows. Olbermann and Matthews never extend an invite to Right WIngs/Republicans/Tea Party Members.

So tell me, which is worse and why.

Typical. There are any number of sources that you can find with teh Google that show a consistent pattern of lies and false reporting from Fox and the rest of the Murdoch/Saudi-owned media empire, but you'll just keep on denying it regardless. I don't waste my time debating with people who refuse to be reasonable.

And just as many can be found about George Soros. Either comment on that, or shut the hell up.

• Like 1

You make a blanket statement, don't back it up with any facts, and I'm the one being unreasonable.

{In my most reasonable and respectful tone} Exactly how has Fox News demonstrated a "consistent pattern of lies and false reporting". WHERE in the news broadcast has anyone lied?

If what you say is true, then it should be no problem coming up with examples of how Fox News has intentionally reported facts that were knowingly untrue at the time they were reported.

Does your definition of reasonable mean I just accept what you say as fact without question?

I found this bit interesting......

.....Saudi-owned media empire.....

Why did you bring this up? Is it because we should be wary of all things "Saudi-owned"?

Edited by RangerM
  • Like 1

I don't waste my time debating with people who refuse to be reasonable.

.....idiots........ right by FAKING news stories..............flying fuck.............brain-warped audience......false equivalency bullshit from the right...............conservatard...... simple mind....

How very reasonable of you. Have a nice day! :)

Edited by RangerM
  • Like 1

It's funny how idiots refuse to acknowledge the bias in reporting on the right by FAKING news stories to smear people that disagree with them. Of course every piece of corporate-owned news is slanted- that's what brings the networks their ratings. The Cronkite style of honest, opinion-free reporting died years ago. If they're reporting factual news, though, who gives a flying fuck? When Fox brings up an exclusive, it's with doctored video and absolute BS that their brain-warped audience just laps up because it's what they want to hear. Fox is tabloid journalism at it's worst, and false equivalency bullshit from the right doesn't erase that. Go ahead and live in your warped bubble of conservatard lies, though. It's chicken soup for the simple mind.

A little suggestion here. Either read Mark Morrow's or Edstock's posts (I gather that you are on the same side of the ideological spectrum as they are) and then use them as a template to form arguments that actually possess coherence and logic, and don't resort to name-calling as a substitution for facts, or...

...stick to discussing cars.

Edited by grbeck
  • Like 1

I have tried to respond to your PM 4 times, unsuccessfully. (something about an "array" error, whatever that means)

Make it really easy for me, just give me a link to your favorite "Fox News Exposed" website, and I'll be happy to look for video (of your examples) of Fox News reporting falsehood as truth during the news broadcast.

As it is, I searched for your examples using "site:foxnews.com", "site:msnbc.com", and "site:nytimes.com" and the reporting (of the facts) was the same for all. The only differences were evident in direct quotes (from external sources) and opinion pieces.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

When people get all bent out of shape over conservative media; to me it is a symptom of something not being right about their belief system. It is as though someone was causing them to doubt their deep religious beliefs. Instead of thinking, and producing logical arguments to support these beliefs, they lash out at the messengers. There is a very old saying. The truth hurts.

Conservatives are not brainwashed. Conservatives invented the term to describe liberals. Liberals are fun to bait. Conservatives can't be baited. Why is that? Maybe they will pass a law making it illegal to bait liberals; just as it is a violation to mock people over their religion. Wait; aren't they trying to do that now?

Edited by Trimdingman
  • Like 1