Whats going on in Sandusky?

kojak

Hearing rumors of a mass exodus in Sandusky, over 80 people signed up to go to Brook Park, including all but one of their elected union officials. Anyone have any info? I don't work in Sandusky but I have many friends who do. Hope everything works out for these good people.

Hearing rumors of a mass exodus in Sandusky, over 80 people signed up to go to Brook Park, including all but one of their elected union officials. Anyone have any info? I don't work in Sandusky but I have many friends who do. Hope everything works out for these good people.

Many ACH plants have closed or are closing soon. Only a fool would turn down a in zone Ford posting and stay at an ACH plant unless they are retirement eligible.

• 2 weeks later...

same rumors tryin to scare ford workers out for cheap labor flexigate was in thier last week but unless union knows something . same as it was when we spun off ford is not goin to give up sandusky cuz it makes money they will change name again still ford own they want cheap labor no benifits treat temps like crap make them work like dogs

A $30,000 transfer bonus... that's what's happening in Sandusky. Something about the transfer being over 50 miles so they get a big fat check, go figure.

know what u mean company laughin all the way to bank people that transfur givin up all kinds of overtime make that their in 5months people that left to go to avon missin all kinds of ot and always layed off im stickin it out for now thier/ we will c what happens temps are out numberin us ford workers uaw needs to wake up cheap labor and no rights gettin sad thier

same rumors tryin to scare ford workers out for cheap labor flexigate was in thier last week but unless union knows something . same as it was when we spun off ford is not goin to give up sandusky cuz it makes money they will change name again still ford own they want cheap labor no benifits treat temps like crap make them work like dogs

If it's Flexegate. Run.They take the work not the facility or any people. They take your jobs and run. And the owner is wanted for tax evasion. They did it to the milan Plant...

How would this effect the employees in Sandusky? Salary and hourly?

If the plant is sold, both salaried and hourly would have decisions to make. For some hourly here they would have to decide if they want to move to stay in the Ford system or take a buyout and work for whoever buys the Sandusky plant. The reason that I say for some hourly is that the number of "blue or Ford" employees is changing by the week right now with those that signed up for Cleveland leaving in waves over the next two months. By the time they all leave we will probalby have more "orange or temps" working in Sansusky thatn Ford employees.

For salaried some of them would be relieved of the jobs as the new owners put thier people in those spots.

how long until opening are posted at Sandusky?

From other Ford plants - I would say never.

To other Ford plants - no one knows.

From off the street - we are hiring weekly. Testing was done in November and December and they are hiring off of that list for the foreseeable future.

If the plant is sold, both salaried and hourly would have decisions to make. For some hourly here they would have to decide if they want to move to stay in the Ford system or take a buyout and work for whoever buys the Sandusky plant. The reason that I say for some hourly is that the number of "blue or Ford" employees is changing by the week right now with those that signed up for Cleveland leaving in waves over the next two months. By the time they all leave we will probalby have more "orange or temps" working in Sansusky thatn Ford employees.

For salaried some of them would be relieved of the jobs as the new owners put thier people in those spots.

if the union and company would b up front with ford workers we have better idea ive been thier for 16years and something goin on but no one will say worst thing bump youngest in zone witch is avon lake not far to them eather but untill union lets us know what to do? smoke and mirrors

if the union and company would b up front with ford workers we have better idea ive been thier for 16years and something goin on but no one will say worst thing bump youngest in zone witch is avon lake not far to them eather but untill union lets us know what to do? smoke and mirrors

You will never get a straight answer ! Do what is best for you. But this is THE TRUTH -- if you want to remain a first tier Ford employee you will HAVE to go to a Ford facility . Take control of your own destiny or else the company will make the decission for you . If you have the opportunity to relocate where you want to go than do it ! If not after the next contract the company will TELL YOU where a tier 1 pay job is and you will not have a choice. After the next contract, there will be NO FORD workers in any ACH plants, only the lower payed worker will remain. This is THE TRUTH !!

I thought you couldn't bump low seniority in zone unless you were offered out of zone. Anyone got facts on inzone bumping? Plus isn't all the Ohio locations considered 1 zone?

Not all but one. Five have made decisions to go.

Many ACH plants have closed or are closing soon. Only a fool would turn down a in zone Ford posting and stay at an ACH plant unless they are retirement eligible.

Some have closed, some have sold. There were originally 17 plants spun off into Visteon plants. The remaining are ACH. Everyone at an ACH facility knows (or should know) Why ACH was formed.

People make their decisions based on family situations, current location, preference of the available location, retirement eligibility, timing, etc. They did also make decisions based on allot of "what ifs" What if engine II closes, would my seniority hold "if" engine II closes, will there still be a transfer of ops from Lima later, What will OHAP get & when verses their current home (house) location. Where does their spouse work? What stage of schooling, and age are the kids that may be at home at? Some may have an attitude of "I'm staying till sell or close" then looking at current Master Agreement language on "out of zone offer, in zone bump rights" (will this remain in our next Master Agreement?). I would not call anyone in this situation a "fool". These are very hard decisions to make, even with the current Master Agreement language, and the intent of Ford Motor Co. I know that every ACH location has submitted resolutions for the upcoming Master Agreement relevant to ACH ( will they have an effect? You have to try).

A "rumor" is just that, a "rumor" until you find the truth.

You say "unless the Union knows something" You are the Union.Our union consist of members, and members who were elected to staff, and some of whom were appointed on a local level by National approval. You then have your Region, and your NFD, which part of "the Union" are you are asking if they know something? If it is your local staff you have asked, what is the title of the person you asked, and what did they tell you? Have you regularly attended "Union" meetings, if so have you asked your questions there?

As to the labor situation at ACH facilities do you know what ACH is, and why it was formed? Will Ford Motor Co. succeed at their intent to sell, or close? I wish there was no two tier wage and benefit structure at ACH, or Ford. It only fosters division.

A $30,000 transfer bonus... that's what's happening in Sandusky. Something about the transfer being over 50 miles so they get a big fat check, go figure.

Not a "Transfer Bonus". It is Master Agreement languge, as in "inhanced moving allowance". This could be you in this situation some day, I hope it is there for you.

know what u mean company laughin all the way to bank people that transfur givin up all kinds of overtime make that their in 5months people that left to go to avon missin all kinds of ot and always layed off im stickin it out for now thier/ we will c what happens temps are out numberin us ford workers uaw needs to wake up cheap labor and no rights gettin sad thier

What you do is your decision, the same as the varied decisions each member will make unless something changes. The people that took RTBU to Avon made difficult decisions based on what was known at that time, as well as their family situations. Only you as an individual can know what is right for you at the time, with what is taking place at that time.

Once again, you are the Union. See my other post on this. I know of no "Union Staff" locally that will "tell you what to do", it is not their place to do so. It is your decision to make and you have stated what you intend to do in a post above. These are life changing decisions with many variables involved. The "company" has stated their intent, it has been sell or close since 2005. Will they change their mind, who knows, situations change for them and they adapt. Do they intend to change their intent, everything they have stated up to this day, is that they do not intend to. What may work for "you", may not be best for someone else, but it is "your" decision only to make.

You will never get a straight answer ! Do what is best for you. But this is THE TRUTH -- if you want to remain a first tier Ford employee you will HAVE to go to a Ford facility . Take control of your own destiny or else the company will make the decission for you . If you have the opportunity to relocate where you want to go than do it ! If not after the next contract the company will TELL YOU where a tier 1 pay job is and you will not have a choice. After the next contract, there will be NO FORD workers in any ACH plants, only the lower payed worker will remain. This is THE TRUTH !!

I will pay you $100.00 an hour for use of your crystal ball.