how much profit sharing

ppeter31

When will we know for sure what our profit sharing will be. No rumors just the date when we will know. Anybody?

last time i thought we found out in february.. actual date i have no idea. just read the paper, they'll probably know before we do.

well that is a toughy, because they give you the conversion factor, and then you have to figure out how much you made minus shift premiums, overtime premiums, personal time vacation tiem and holiday pay yada yada yada, and eventually you multiply that amount times the 3-7% and get your number, in short the best way to find out is some time in early march

well that is a toughy, because they give you the conversion factor, and then you have to figure out how much you made minus shift premiums, overtime premiums, personal time vacation tiem and holiday pay yada yada yada, and eventually you multiply that amount times the 3-7% and get your number, in short the best way to find out is some time in early march

Back in 99 Ford made similar profits and we received 6k..all of the formulas are unchanged so....And I believe its first weds in March you get it

I can remember getting some really nice profit sharing checks at Ford while GM's were terrible compared to ours. We just thought it was because they had way more employees than Ford plus their profits weren't as high. Maybe their formula was different which would have given them less given similar circumstances.

I can remember getting some really nice profit sharing checks at Ford while GM's were terrible compared to ours. We just thought it was because they had way more employees than Ford plus their profits weren't as high. Maybe their formula was different which would have given them less given similar circumstances.

Could you imagine if they would have given us a bonus paid in stock last year at this time what it would be worth now?

Well, they're announcing 4th quarter earnings around January 25th or so. The question is what they're going to charge off on buyouts, paying down the debt, etc.

That doesnt matter its based on profits before all of that. Whether they take every dime they make and put it into VEBA(they wont) or whatever would have no bearing on profit sharing

Could you imagine if they would have given us a bonus paid in stock last year at this time what it would be worth now?

Hopefully employees contributing to TESPHE kept their election in Ford stock to dollar cost average. I retired 21/2 years ago so the lowest I bought in at was about $8. With all the good stuff happening with Ford you still need to keep an eye on the stock if all your eggs are in one basket. I remember thinking that nothing bad could happen to Ford to make the stock drop dramatically but I was wrong. Thankfully the stock is recovering unlike those who had it all in GM or Chrysler stock.

Obama didn't do squat for Ford. Get real.

I do not normally disagree with you Twincam but here I will, If Obama did not extend the loans with structured bankruptcies alot of our suppliers would have gone under. Tha would have had a domino effect on even Ford who was not asking for loans. That is the main reason Mullaly went with the GM and Chrysler CEO's to help secure them the loans.

But it is Die, you know he is gonna suck off Obama every chance he can :stirpot:

I do not normally disagree with you Twincam but here I will, If Obama did not extend the loans with structured bankruptcies alot of our suppliers would have gone under. Tha would have had a domino effect on even Ford who was not asking for loans. That is the main reason Mullaly went with the GM and Chrysler CEO's to help secure them the loans.

But it is Die, you know he is gonna suck off Obama every chance he can :stirpot:

I remember Mullaly saying after he "shocked" everyone by turning it down that he had a plan and was prepared if that did happen.After seeing what he has done for us and previously I for one believe Ford would have been just fine.

Yes Spine you are correct.

The domino effect would have been chaotic for suppliers as well as the D3. This would have impacted every facet of our economy. As fragile as our economy was at the time this could have put the USA in a depression that no stimulus could fix. Steel as well as other commodities, suppliers, vendors, trucking, trains and rail operations and many more would have shut down. 1 out of every 7 jobs are a part of the D3 industry.

If Bush, Obama and the UAW did not re-act the job losses would be an epic disaster.

The problem and Obama and Bush realized, if a collapse did happen the jobs that were lost would more than likely be gone for good. The D3 as well as all citizens that depended on the industry would be a very different landscape than we know today. Many jobs would be lost and more than not would have been picked up by a Mexican, Asian or European country, never to return to an American worker.

The potential for disaster was eminent and was realized by Bush, Obama the UAW and the D3.

I still thank God for Bush, Obama and the UAW for the loans and I still feel disgust for Shelby and Corker for putting our economic structure in jeopardy for their ultimate goal of busting the UAW.

God bless the UAW

Grimshaw

No to be a smart a**, but you will know "for sure" when you actually receive your Profit Sharing Check. The S**thouse accounts on here cannot provide the answer!

When the year end results are in and the company offically states their operating financial results including profits to the IRS. Once this is done its pretty easy to plug in the formula and come out with an "average" hourly profit sharing amount.

Dont expect anything until the year end finacial results are posted.

When the year end results are in and the company offically states their operating financial results including profits to the IRS. Once this is done its pretty easy to plug in the formula and come out with an "average" hourly profit sharing amount.

Dont expect anything until the year end finacial results are posted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/13/business/13auto.html?partner=yahoofinance

Edited by skeptic