how much profit sharing

ppeter31

Between $5-$8,000 depending on eligible hours.

I want someone to explain how we are not getting at least $10000 in 2000 we received 8800 on average made less in an hourly wage (we received 5 raises since year 2000) and the company is going to make more this year then in 1999. Also there is only 42000 employees now insted of 115000 then to pull from the total profit set aside.

Edited by daytrader millionaire

I want someone to explain how we are not getting at least $10000 in 2000 we received 8800 on average made less in an hourly wage (we received 5 raises since year 2000) and the company is going to make more this year then in 1999. Also there is only 42000 employees now insted of 115000 then to pull from the total profit set aside.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=fa91f86852&view=att&th=12d80d459da7c56a&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1357849836355846144-1&zw

looking up the numbers from 1999, we made a 7.2 billion profit that year. This year they are estimating 8.2 billion, so I don't see how we get less with higher profit and less workers....

looking up the numbers from 1999, we made a 7.2 billion profit that year. This year they are estimating 8.2 billion, so I don't see how we get less with higher profit and less workers....

I'm with you on this...don't see how it could be less then what we got in 99. Even if the number of employees don't matter the profit is more.

I'm with you on this...don't see how it could be less then what we got in 99. Even if the number of employees don't matter the profit is more.

The New York Times, citing unnamed sources, estimated that workers could get about $5,000 for 2010. Last year, Ford paid workers about $450 for the profits earned in 2009.

A Ford official told the Free Press that the New York Times estimate is too high. In a statement, Ford said, "It is too early to talk yet about the calculation of possible profit sharing payments. Amounts are based upon full year financial results, which are still being finalized, and the current profit sharing formula."

Read more: Ford: No merit pay increases in 2011 | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20110113/BUSINESS0102/110113054/Ford-No-merit-pay-increases-in-2011#ixzz1Avrrcokl

They want to change the formula because we can't help but make a profit . The company doesn't want to pay a huge bonus to us . They're trying to postpone paying a stock dividen . It's going to be hard keeping share holders happy when we are getting profit sharing . Print out a copy of your check I have a feeling it's going to get bargined away next contract .

They want to change the formula because we can't help but make a profit . The company doesn't want to pay a huge bonus to us . They're trying to postpone paying a stock dividen . It's going to be hard keeping share holders happy when we are getting profit sharing . Print out a copy of your check I have a feeling it's going to get bargined away next contract .

The company is negotiating through the press. Don’t bite into the posturing, it’s all part of the negotiating process. The companies are just reacting to Kings statements made last month and this month on gaining return on our losses.

Plenty more negotiating through the press on the way…………… If you cant stomach it dont read it

No to be a smart a**, but you will know "for sure" when you actually receive your Profit Sharing Check. The S**thouse accounts on here cannot provide the answer!

The actual date for payment is in our contract as “within the first 2 ½ months of the end of the plan year” which ended 12-31-10. Historically the company has paid us by the first or second Wednesday of March which is the end of the 2 ½ month language.

Mark Fields is trying to prevent us from getting a profit sharing, they are going to give us 2-3k, but in all reality we should be getting about 15k with all the money they made. Its sad that our UAW can't go to the table and tell the company this is what the employees want. We took cuts and got the company back on track, instead of Allan M appearing on Mad Money maybe Alan should do a news conferences and speak to the workers for once instead of trying to hype up his stock and vehicles like he always does. I hear the same crap from his mouth every time someone interviews him. Ya wanna know who's getting all our money???

Mark Fields

Allan M.

and Bill Ford Jr.

Just do some research and find out each year what their net worth is. You'll be very surprised. Oh don't forget to count those large stock options they get!

It's time the membership got more then what's promised.

I will say it once again.

The companies as well as the UAW are negotiating thru the press. The profit sharing will not change unless it is increased and our wages will not be reduced.

The whole world is in Detroit this month. Our profit sharing checks will be well over $5,000 (my opinion) and Ford is making these statements for the public, stock holders as well as Wall Street so there is no negative impact of sales, stock prices as well as the current positives happening within the company now.

The public perception is still sadly, that we are overpaid, fat, lazy, beer drinking at lunch autoworkers that have given up nothing, which we all know is not true.

This is just a ploy to divert negative attention away from our profit sharing amount.

Don’t fall into the negotiating posturing if you can’t stomach it.

God bless the UAW

Grimshaw

That doesnt matter its based on profits before all of that. Whether they take every dime they make and put it into VEBA(they wont) or whatever would have no bearing on profit sharing

That is what I thought....that profit sharing is solely based on North American Sales....period...but then, I recall the year that the Firestone debacle came about.....I think we had pretty good sales that year but remember our profit sharing checks were small....it is a little foggy....and the following year they wanted us to buy back all the ground up tires for mulch for our yards......hmmmmm....does anyone remember what our sales were that year (Firestone)? like I said it is a little foggy....

Mark Fields is trying to prevent us from getting a profit sharing, they are going to give us 2-3k, but in all reality we should be getting about 15k with all the money they made. Its sad that our UAW can't go to the table and tell the company this is what the employees want. We took cuts and got the company back on track, instead of Allan M appearing on Mad Money maybe Alan should do a news conferences and speak to the workers for once instead of trying to hype up his stock and vehicles like he always does. I hear the same crap from his mouth every time someone interviews him. Ya wanna know who's getting all our money???

Mark Fields

Allan M.

and Bill Ford Jr.

Just do some research and find out each year what their net worth is. You'll be very surprised. Oh don't forget to count those large stock options they get!

It's time the membership got more then what's promised.

Apparently you don't know what reality is. Tell me, where do you come up with the figure of $15K? What formula did you use to calculate that based on the profits of the company which you don't even know what they are yet?

Mark Fields is trying to prevent us from getting profit sharing? Where do you get that info. It's in our contract. He can't prevent it.

How will Alan M. speaking to the workers change anything? Will that give you a warm and fuzzy feeling?

How is it that the three leaders you named are getting all of OUR money? What do you determine is OUR money? How can they take OUR money?

What does their net worth have to do with the profit sharing formula and the payout? My net worth is considerably greater than yours. Should I get a smaller profit sharing because of it?

Why do you think the hourly workers should GET MORE than what is promised to us? Where in life is that reality? Do you live in reality, Chucky?

Back in 99 Ford made similar profits and we received 6k..all of the formulas are unchanged so....And I believe its first weds in March you get it

Yes, and we now have far fewer employees than we did in 99. The amount of employees is factored into the formula. I believe that the Wall Street Journal has made a decent sized under estimate. Perhaps that's why the said "profit sharing to top 5000"

agreed...... I estimate 10,900.00 I am no accountant though. Just looking over past figures and using the formula

I will say it once again.

The companies as well as the UAW are negotiating thru the press. The profit sharing will not change unless it is increased and our wages will not be reduced.

The whole world is in Detroit this month. Our profit sharing checks will be well over $5,000 (my opinion) and Ford is making these statements for the public, stock holders as well as Wall Street so there is no negative impact of sales, stock prices as well as the current positives happening within the company now.

The public perception is still sadly, that we are overpaid, fat, lazy, beer drinking at lunch autoworkers that have given up nothing, which we all know is not true.

This is just a ploy to divert negative attention away from our profit sharing amount.

Don’t fall into the negotiating posturing if you can’t stomach it.

God bless the UAW

Grimshaw

I agree with this analysis. I don't see how something so simple as a formula can be manipulated. But if we only got $450 last year on 1.8b. And profits this year are 8b. Which (8b/1.8b) is 4.4 times what they were last year. I see us getting 4.4x450=$2000. Unless the 1.8b was not north american profits?? I think we got ripped last year. Yes no?

I agree with this analysis. I don't see how something so simple as a formula can be manipulated. But if we only got $450 last year on 1.8b. And profits this year are 8b. Which (8b/1.8b) is 4.4 times what they were last year. I see us getting 4.4x450=$2000. Unless the 1.8b was not north american profits?? I think we got ripped last year. Yes no?

The greater the profit, the higher the percentage that is doled out. The profit sharing formula is posted in another thread related to profit sharing. For some reason, we always have to have numerous threads on the same topic.

Read Twincams statement below.

He is 100% correct. The formula as written in the contract is a higher percentage as sales and profits are higher. So no you were not ripped off last year and no you will not be ripped off this year

The greater the profit, the higher the percentage that is doled out. The profit sharing formula is posted in another thread related to profit sharing. For some reason, we always have to have numerous threads on the same topic.

Glad to see you read the contract. The only other one on here is Spine. I wish more members would do the same.

When will we know for sure what our profit sharing will be. No rumors just the date when we will know. Anybody?

This is when they announced it in 1999:

DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 27 — The Ford Motor Company said today that its hourly workers in the United States would receive an average of $8,000 in profit sharing for 1999, topping the record $6,100 average workers got for 1998.

Ford's figure compares with an average of $1,775 that the General Motors Corporation will pay its 154,000 United States hourly work force. DaimlerChrysler A.G. has not yet announced its profit-sharing levels, but local economists have estimated that it could be $8,500 each.

Detroit's Big Three automakers have been reporting healthy earnings gains for 1999, the best year for United States car and truck sales. On Wednesday, Ford reported 1999 earnings of $7.2 billion, a record for any automaker.

Sorry for the large post.