10 post rule?

bri23

What's the deal with having to make 10 posts before I'm allowed to post on the forum that would help track my VIN to know when production is scheduled. Owned all kinds of cars but finally decided to order my first Ford vehicle. Nothing says welcome to the family like not being able to get that information before needing to post 10 worthless posts prior to getting to what I need. I don't have my vehicle and never owned a Ford so what could I possible have to ask or say

What's the deal with having to make 10 posts before I'm allowed to post on the forum that would help track my VIN to know when production is scheduled. Owned all kinds of cars but finally decided to order my first Ford vehicle. Nothing says welcome to the family like not being able to get that information before needing to post 10 worthless posts prior to getting to what I need. I don't have my vehicle and never owned a Ford so what could I possible have to ask or say

I agree. Now I have 2 posts! So stupid!

This is not a Ford Motor Company affiliated site. Don't get confused and think that the rules here are in any way indicative of how Ford wants to treat customers. Truth is Ford could care less. People who work at Ford do care and occasionally one of them will help a customer out with information. Ford officially thinks you should just sit on your thumbs and wait, or worse yet they refer you to the dealer who will lie through their teeth to tell you anything to get you to bug off. So basically we are straight on this: Apple can track a $49 iPod every step of the way from China to your door, but Ford can't bother to tell you how your $40K purchase is conning along. There are few good folks at Ford that realize just how stupid Ford Senior Management is and they work pretty hard to get you a little information. Then we have the owners of the forum. They need traffic on the site, and don't want a million users that just register ask one question and leave. SO they try to get you to participate a little. It is the price you have to pay, another hurdle you have to jump. to find out how the second biggest purchase of your life is coming. Good luck on the next 8 posts!

Edited by xr7g428

This is not a Ford Motor Company affiliated site. Don't get confused and think that the rules here are in any way indicative of how Ford wants to treat customers. Truth is Ford could care less. People who work at Ford do care and occasionally one of them will help a customer out with information. Ford officially thinks you should just sit on your thumbs and wait, or worse yet they refer you to the dealer who will lie through their teeth to tell you anything to get you to bug off. So basically we are straight on this: Apple can track a $49 iPod every step of the way form China to your door, but Ford can't bother to tell you how your $40K purchase is conning along. There are few good folks at Ford that realize just how stupid Ford Senior Management is and they work pretty hard to get you a little information. Then we have the owners of the forum. They need traffic on the site, and don't want a million users that just register ask one question and leave. SO they try to get you to participate a little. It is the price you have to pay, another hurdle you have to jump. to find out how the second biggest purchase of your life is coming. Good luck on the next 8 posts!

Well put. With technology how it is this should be the case. There should simply be a website that tells you anything you want.

Good point. To their credit I've actually been impressed with Ford's direction the past 12 months which is partly why I have decided to go with them. Hopefully it will be a wise choice. When I purchased my home I did a custom build and I was able to track the entire process from Day 1 all the way to end. I knew exactly what was going on each day in the process. It was awesome. Would be nice if this was the same way. I guess good some people understand and take time to help. They are the few that understand their success can be no higher than happy customers. Many happy customers.

Imagine how cool it would be if you could see your car being built on a web cam? It would be almost worth ordering the car just to get to see it, an others being built.

I think you're on to something here! Maybe get a production DVD as well. Heck, than might even increase resale value!

This is not a Ford Motor Company affiliated site. Don't get confused and think that the rules here are in any way indicative of how Ford wants to treat customers. Truth is Ford could care less. People who work at Ford do care and occasionally one of them will help a customer out with information. Ford officially thinks you should just sit on your thumbs and wait, or worse yet they refer you to the dealer who will lie through their teeth to tell you anything to get you to bug off. So basically we are straight on this: Apple can track a $49 iPod every step of the way from China to your door, but Ford can't bother to tell you how your $40K purchase is conning along. There are few good folks at Ford that realize just how stupid Ford Senior Management is and they work pretty hard to get you a little information. Then we have the owners of the forum. They need traffic on the site, and don't want a million users that just register ask one question and leave. SO they try to get you to participate a little. It is the price you have to pay, another hurdle you have to jump. to find out how the second biggest purchase of your life is coming. Good luck on the next 8 posts!

Yeah right. Your analogy sucks because it doesn't even close to apply.

Call Apple and ask them where the iPod you ordered is. See how far you get. They'll tell you to call BestBuy or whoever you bought it from and ask them.

See, unless you go to the Apple Store, Apple doesn't deal with you (in the purchasing end, not the warranty end), it deals with the acquirement department at BestBuy headquarters. Calling the manufacturer directly will get you nowhere.

Face it. You bought a Ford through a Ford DEALER, not Ford ITSELF. It is the Ford DEALER that has the task of keeping you informed. NOT FORD. I wish people would get it through their heads. The dealer has the same ability ability as Cyberdman (and Viperpilot and Kzinti before) to keep you informed because THEY USE THE DEALER'S SYSTEM to look up the information, If your dealer isn't providing the information then THEY AREN'T DOING THE JOB YOU'RE PAYING THEM TO DO.

• Like 1

Yeah right. Your analogy sucks because it doesn't even close to apply.

Call Apple and ask them where the iPod you ordered is. See how far you get. They'll tell you to call BestBuy or whoever you bought it from and ask them.

See, unless you go to the Apple Store, Apple doesn't deal with you (in the purchasing end, not the warranty end), it deals with the acquirement department at BestBuy headquarters. Calling the manufacturer directly will get you nowhere.

Face it. You bought a Ford through a Ford DEALER, not Ford ITSELF. It is the Ford DEALER that has the task of keeping you informed. NOT FORD. I wish people would get it through their heads. The dealer has the same ability ability as Cyberdman (and Viperpilot and Kzinti before) to keep you informed because THEY USE THE DEALER'S SYSTEM to look up the information, If your dealer isn't providing the information then THEY AREN'T DOING THE JOB YOU'RE PAYING THEM TO DO.

Good post!