Ford profit sharing formula

Fordemployee189

Would someone please post the profit sharing formula again....seen it on here a few weeks ago and can't seem to find it again.......thanks

(a)6.0% of the portion of the Profits for such Plan Year which does not exceed 1.8% of such sales

(b)8% of the portion of the Profits for such Plan Year which exceeds 1.8% of such sales for such plan year

but does not exceed 2.3% of such sales

©10% of the portion of the Profits for such Plan Year which exceeds 2.3% of such plan year but does not exceed 4.6% of such sales

(d)14% of the portion of the Profits for such Plan Year which exceeds 4.6% of sales for such plan year but does not exceed 6.9% of such sales

(e) 17% of the portion of the profits for such plan year which exceeds 6.9% of sales for such plan year

Page 80-81 Volume III 2007 CBA

• Like 1

Read in another forumn that on the last give backs that we voted in there was somethng in there about us giving up profits from Ford Motor Credit on our profit sharing, anybody know anything about this?

It's in the Nov 3, 2007 contract(not mods) page 76 # 16"Profits" excluding FMCC. Sucks because they have done well the last couple years also!

Would someone please post the profit sharing formula again....seen it on here a few weeks ago and can't seem to find it again.......thanks

I forgo to add we will not know what percentage our formula will be calculated at until Year end sales figures are released sometime this month.

Ok back to the derail :stirpot:

Here is how the formula works:

• 6% for profits earned less then 1.8%

• 8% for profits earned greater then 1.8% but less then 2.3%

• 10% for profits earned greater then 2.3% but less then 4.6%

• 14% for profits earned greater then 4.6% but less then 6.9%

• 17% for profits earned greater then 6.9%

We will call each of profits earned percentages = x

We will call the total number of Hourly workers = y

We will call the total number of Salary workers = z

Once you have the x factor, you then take x/y + z = new profit share pay amount X%. You take the new X% amount and devide that by your yearly earnings for that profit sharing year.

Fore example: if X factor moved us into the 8% X factor bracket, and you earned 70k that profit plan year, you would receive $5600.

Please understand that this is my understanding of the language and if this formula has changed, please explain how and when. I do believe it’s been the formula used in the master agreement since 1982.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Jeff Hodges

DTP Body

Box Unit (outer)

I left a significant factor out of the equation earlier. Once we have the X % factor, we then divide that % by our yearly earnings for that profit plan year. Again, this is the best I could figure it out. It worked for me in this formula pattern with our last profit sharing check.

Thanks for re-posting that SheetMetalJoe. (saves me from digging through my BO post files in my hard drive). My PC crashed not to long ago and I haven't stripped all the info from it yet =(

FMC my have posted 8 billion in profit but we must remember there are many factors that have not been released that will impact our PS pay amount.

One of these factors for example is a 960 million dollar charge for paying on the principal of convertible note debt. Reason: $554 million principal amount of Ford’s 4.25% senior convertible Notes is due December 15, 2036 and $1.992 billion principal amount of its 4.25% senior convertible notes due November 15, 2016. Remember, share holders and investors have to get paid also, so all the principal paid amounts on these notes will factor into the equation.

Another factor would be that we don't use the entire "global" profit amount earned or in other words the whole 8 billion. We only use the amount earned here in America. For example: in the year 2000 FMC posted aprox 6.67 billion in earnings, the American manufacturing factor was aprox 733 million. This netted (on average earnings) a $6700 profit sharing check (we also had nearly 110k workers, we don't have half of that now). Please, if I'm wrong in my understanding of these things explain.

To me, this is a very good reason that we need to be thankful to have a Union. For those of you that disagree, remember that this was a negotiated benefit it wasn't just given to us.

Hope this helps.

Be Good and God Bless

Jeff Hodges

DTP Body

MP&L DOP right

Local 600

"If hatred is all you have to offer, then the problem is you"

Edited by ReDemption

Here is how the formula works:

• 6% for profits earned less then 1.8%

• 8% for profits earned greater then 1.8% but less then 2.3%

• 10% for profits earned greater then 2.3% but less then 4.6%

• 14% for profits earned greater then 4.6% but less then 6.9%

• 17% for profits earned greater then 6.9%

We will call each of profits earned percentages = x

We will call the total number of Hourly workers = y

We will call the total number of Salary workers = z

Once you have the x factor, you then take x/y + z = new profit share pay amount X%. You take the new X% amount and devide that by your yearly earnings for that profit sharing year.

Fore example: if X factor moved us into the 8% X factor bracket, and you earned 70k that profit plan year, you would receive $5600.

Please understand that this is my understanding of the language and if this formula has changed, please explain how and when. I do believe it’s been the formula used in the master agreement since 1982.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Jeff Hodges

DTP Body

Box Unit (outer)

I left a significant factor out of the equation earlier. Once we have the X % factor, we then divide that % by our yearly earnings for that profit plan year. Again, this is the best I could figure it out. It worked for me in this formula pattern with our last profit sharing check.

Thanks for re-posting that SheetMetalJoe. (saves me from digging through my BO post files in my hard drive). My PC crashed not to long ago and I haven't stripped all the info from it yet =(

FMC my have posted 8 billion in profit but we must remember there are many factors that have not been released that will impact our PS pay amount.

One of these factors for example is a 960 million dollar charge for paying on the principal of convertible note debt. Reason: $554 million principal amount of Ford’s 4.25% senior convertible Notes is due December 15, 2036 and $1.992 billion principal amount of its 4.25% senior convertible notes due November 15, 2016. Remember, share holders and investors have to get paid also, so all the principal paid amounts on these notes will factor into the equation.

Another factor would be that we don't use the entire "global" profit amount earned or in other words the whole 8 billion. We only use the amount earned here in America. For example: in the year 2000 FMC posted aprox 6.67 billion in earnings, the American manufacturing factor was aprox 733 million. This netted (on average earnings) a $6700 profit sharing check (we also had nearly 110k workers, we don't have half of that now). Please, if I'm wrong in my understanding of these things explain.

To me, this is a very good reason that we need to be thankful to have a Union. For those of you that disagree, remember that this was a negotiated benefit it wasn't just given to us.

Hope this helps.

Be Good and God Bless

Jeff Hodges

DTP Body

MP&L DOP right

Local 600

"If hatred is all you have to offer, then the problem is you"

Is it me...or did these twoguys sign out as the same person...Is he talking to himself?

• Like 1

So if ford made 8 billion what would we get

They aren't going to make $8 billion in North America so it doesn't matter. It's all based on a number of things that even knowing how much profit they made, you still have to know other info to begin to calculate. How about waiting until Friday and then you'll know what the average check is going to be?

They aren't going to make $8 billion in North America so it doesn't matter. It's all based on a number of things that even knowing how much profit they made, you still have to know other info to begin to calculate. How about waiting until Friday and then you'll know what the average check is going to be?

Don't open your Christmas presents on the 24th. Wait until Christmas day.

If some of you people would just sit down with your contract and benefits books and read them you would be a lot better off.

Amen, brother. Seldom does a poster mis-cite the contract. They usually cite "a buddy told me", or "my committeeperson says".

When it comes down to brass tacks, the contract stands. It doesn't help when the "past practices", "unpublished letters", and "special circumstances" are used for some and not all.

The buddy system works in the union, in case you haven't noticed.

Is it me...or did these twoguys sign out as the same person...Is he talking to himself?

Longball, I see what your talking about. It looks like Joe copied my post and posted it up under a post.

Trust me, I sign all my posts, and I only use this screen name.

Just to prove my point, here ya go.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So am I this screen name also? I have no idea why SheetMetalJoe did what he did in that manor. But it was a post that I put up quite some time ago.

Jeff Hodges

DTP Body

MP&L DOP Right

Local 600

According to the Freep on Sunday. Ford made a 4.9 billion NORTH AMERICAN profit in 2000, $733,000,000 was allocated for profit sharing(USA TODAY). Average check was $6,600 with 103,000 employees. Ford is expected to post a 4.7 billion NORTH AMERICAN profit for 2010, with 46,000 employees. I don't want to get hopes up here...I'm just say'n! It has to be somewhere in the same ballpark.

Unless they take a huge one-time charge to pay down the debt. Then that $4.7 Billion number doesn't mean anything.

I don't know....but I would think "profit" is what's left after "one-time charges". So "profit" would have those charges built in already.

And wouldn't they have to announce them during the year the profits are calculated (CY 2010). Maybe not.