DTP Down

damagedone37

ya we been down 2 weeks all ready maybe they will add a 3rd week

We're still supposed to work at AAI next week, but there may be more down time after next week. Mazda needs some 6's built and they are pissed we took the second week off. If DTP needs the 5.0's for the F-150's, we will be shorted again. They have the priority. They sold over 500,000 trucks last year, we sold 70,000 Mustangs, and most weren't GT 5.0's. It's possible AAI could change their minds over the weekend, so some union reps have said call on Sunday to make sure we are still working. We will have a ton of overtime coming soon with 2 Saturdays on 1 off for Mar, Apr and possibly May.

We're still supposed to work at AAI next week, but there may be more down time after next week. Mazda needs some 6's built and they are pissed we took the second week off. If DTP needs the 5.0's for the F-150's, we will be shorted again. They have the priority. They sold over 500,000 trucks last year, we sold 70,000 Mustangs, and most weren't GT 5.0's. It's possible AAI could change their minds over the weekend, so some union reps have said call on Sunday to make sure we are still working. We will have a ton of overtime coming soon with 2 Saturdays on 1 off for Mar, Apr and possibly May.

AAI running all mazdas next week. Also you can scrap that ton of overtime its not going to happen.

told today at the end of the shift

kcap is going to run 50 hrs next week and may work saturday

to expect 2 saturdays in febuary maybe 3

1 saturday would be voluntary and might be more or less than 8 hours

shortage of 5.0 motors is the problem its not a quality issue its a matter someone freeked up and guess what the

rumers are several have lost there jobs in planning and scheduling as well as management over this mess

anyone have good news

AAI running all mazdas next week. Also you can scrap that ton of overtime its not going to happen.

How would you know? We will be running normal production until all the Mustangs are out of the system in Trim, Paint & Body. Then we will run one Mazda, then one empty carrier and repeat that until the Mustangs come back into the system.(which could be a week or more) As for the overtime, the company and the union have already been informed of the 9-10 hour schedule every day with 2 Sats. then one off starting in March. We are launching the 2012 Boss 302, and the dealerships want them pronto. We will be making a lot of V-6 & GT convertibles and a bunch of Shelby's. We only have 1 shift, so we have to run a lot of overtime. It might only be 3-4 months, but we'll be very busy during that stretch. After summer we might have hardly anything to build, but that's nothing new for us.

Has anybody heard if this will go longer than 1 week at DTP?

According to the phone call from Labor, this will last one week. I would hardly expect them to cancel production for 2 weeks in a row if we are so behind like everyone says we are. If you didn't get a phone call from Labor, then your number needs to be updated. I received mine at 5:57pm on Friday night, so I would assume if we don't get another call by then, we will be going back to work.

Edited by qwertyuiop

Can anyone help me on unemployment for the week of layoff at DTP. Question is: Can I claim in Michigan or do I need to file in my former state. I transferred from out of state back in Sept. Website hasn't been helpful. I've been trying to call unemployment( Can't get through always try back later), but I was able to contact someone in claims they said I should be eligible but wait my 2 weeks and call marvin. . If claim doesn't process because of eligibility, then file former state. If I do that I have to file unemployment application then wait another week before claiming. On top of that it would be my waiting week period in that state before I can print my paper work to turn into labor, so there is another week added on, that would be 4 weeks. Can anyone offer any info for me? One more fact, I was layoff at my former plant two weeks prior to transferring her, so I don't know how that effects filing in michigan.

Can anyone help me on unemployment for the week of layoff at DTP. Question is: Can I claim in Michigan or do I need to file in my former state. I transferred from out of state back in Sept. Website hasn't been helpful. I've been trying to call unemployment( Can't get through always try back later), but I was able to contact someone in claims they said I should be eligible but wait my 2 weeks and call marvin. . If claim doesn't process because of eligibility, then file former state. If I do that I have to file unemployment application then wait another week before claiming. On top of that it would be my waiting week period in that state before I can print my paper work to turn into labor, so there is another week added on, that would be 4 weeks. Can anyone offer any info for me? One more fact, I was layoff at my former plant two weeks prior to transferring her, so I don't know how that effects filing in michigan.

I would try and get with someone as soon as possible kalel.

I know a guy that was suppose to claim in Virginia when he transfered but the information given at the plant told him to call two weeks after his return date like we do in Michigan, well needless to say when he called (as instructed per Labor) he had missed Virgina's call in time and never did get an unemployment check.

I am not trying to scare you but just a suggestion to get answers as soon as possible and save all documentation and contact info just incase the worse happens, DTP has a history of poor information and pay issues when there is down time.