Decisions Decisions

BS Racing

Ok here is my dilemma I want a Lariat with the 3.5L EB but I really don't like the blond "wood" interior.

I like the looks of the Harley interior but it only comes with the 6.2.the truck will be my DD and I only have a 4.7 mile commute :hysterical:

I know the mileage will be better with witch ever truck I get then the 10 or so MPG I get now in my 99 Lightning

I tend to drive with lets say a heavy right foot. :shift: The Lariat comes in a color that what I want but the Harley

only comes in Silver or Black I don't like Black. Once maybe twice a year I will use it to tow with, i tow a 03 Cobra on a 26' flatbed trailer so what ever truck I decide on

will do fine.

My wife is :dry: :hyper: will you make up your mind all ready.

You could also go with a King Ranch, which has the woodgrain, but its darker. Or build an XLT with EcoBoost, though this might not have all of the options available that you want...

The problem with a King Ranch is they are all two tone and I don't want two tone.

IM kind of old and set in my ways I wand a Blue Crew cab, 4X4 3.5 EB 6.5' max bed, loaded to the gills. A few of the guys here at work say get a SD with the 6.7 but with the cost of fuel and closeness of the tow ratings I have swung towards an F150.

Besides I think the floor shifter in the 40 console 40 looks cool, and who needs 4 cup holders for 2 people like the SD has. :hysterical:

Go with your gut. If you really like the blue and want the 3.5 EB, then get the Lariat, you won't be disappointed. I too dislike wood grain interior, so picking up a carbon fiber aftermarket set may be your cheapest and easiest to make the interior the way you like.

I really hope it's dark wood. Come to think of it I haven't seen an actual 2011 lariat I don't think. Argh! I thought the blonde wood was only on the adobe interior. Surely they wouldn't put blonde wood with black interior?? All the photos in the brochures and website only show the adobe interior. :banghead:

I really hope it's dark wood. Come to think of it I haven't seen an actual 2011 lariat I don't think. Argh! I thought the blonde wood was only on the adobe interior. Surely they wouldn't put blonde wood with black interior?? All the photos in the brochures and website only show the adobe interior. :banghead:

:lol the US web site shows the Black interior with Blond wood trim, the 5.0 Lariats on the lot have Black interiors with Blond wood trim. good luck

If you would be so kind to point me to that picture. I have searched both canadian and american ford sites and brochures and I can find no picture of the lariat black interior with blond wood. Only the adobe interior with blond wood. I find it very strange they make absolutely no mention of this anywhere that I can find.

Nevermind I found it when you build and price it. I'm super annoyed now. The canadian site does not show this at all and that's where I built and ordered it from! Had I known that I would have loaded an FX4 instead :censored:

Edited by spunkymonky

If you would be so kind to point me to that picture. I have searched both canadian and american ford sites and brochures and I can find no picture of the lariat black interior with blond wood. Only the adobe interior with blond wood. I find it very strange they make absolutely no mention of this anywhere that I can find.

Nevermind I found it when you build and price it. I'm super annoyed now. The canadian site does not show this at all and that's where I built and ordered it from! Had I known that I would have loaded an FX4 instead :censored:

:hysterical: Sorry I feel your pain

It is so blond I can't understand why they would put something that light in a truck FYI in person it is lighter.

I think I am going to go with a Red "Platinum" I guess the tow truck will still not match the car.

Lariat.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here is my dilemma I want a Lariat with the 3.5L EB but I really don't like the blond "wood" interior.

I like the looks of the Harley interior but it only comes with the 6.2.the truck will be my DD and I only have a 4.7 mile commute :hysterical:

I know the mileage will be better with witch ever truck I get then the 10 or so MPG I get now in my 99 Lightning

I tend to drive with lets say a heavy right foot. :shift: The Lariat comes in a color that what I want but the Harley

only comes in Silver or Black I don't like Black. Once maybe twice a year I will use it to tow with, i tow a 03 Cobra on a 26' flatbed trailer so what ever truck I decide on

will do fine.

My wife is :dry: :hyper: will you make up your mind all ready.

I agree with someone else that mentioned to go with the FX2 Luxury pkg. No wood grain and it looks more manly!