When is VIN available after order is placed?

mikesxpress

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered my EB lariat 2/28 and just got VIN today from Ford CS

Ordered my EB FX2 Feb 5th. Called customer service yesterday and they can not find the order. The order number is valid, but three other vehicles come up and not one is a truck. :headscratch:

Ordered my FX2 Screw 5.0L, 6.5 bed last week. Once the dealer submits the order, does it all depend upon Ford? Does Ford wait until they have similiar trucks, a specific number of trucks from the same geographic area, etc before they start building them? Thanks.

Ordered my FX2 Screw 5.0L, 6.5 bed last week. Once the dealer submits the order, does it all depend upon Ford? Does Ford wait until they have similiar trucks, a specific number of trucks from the same geographic area, etc before they start building them? Thanks.

I wish I had an answer. It makes no sense at all. Your truck sound almost identical to mine.

Hopefully, yours will be quicker than mine. My order went in in early October. It's supposed to be at the dealer today.

It doesn't work on "Commercial" trucks - I checked the local dealer, all of the F-150's show blend dates and build dates, but the F-250's look just like your sticker with no dates on them.

The only date I see on the sticker you have is 02 21 2011, which I'm going to guess is the blend date

BB211 N RB 2X 120 000435 02 21 11 is at the bottom and

9-NORMAL,NB,000435,BB21,000008659 is at the top

What does 'Blend" mean?

What is the difference between "Blend date" and "Build date"?

And how does the "Blend date" show up on the window sticker?

Thanks

Edited by ilmo

I wish I had an answer. It makes no sense at all. Your truck sound almost identical to mine.

Hopefully, yours will be quicker than mine. My order went in in early October. It's supposed to be at the dealer today.

Except for the color, the trucks are the same. Did you pick it up yet? How do you like it?

Could not find a FX2 with 6.5 bed anywhere. Had a dealer in FL check for 2000 mile range, nada. Only one in the state and it was red.

The dealer told me 6-8 weeks, but I have seen some threads with 10-12 weeks. I hoping mid May.

Except for the color, the trucks are the same. Did you pick it up yet? How do you like it?

Could not find a FX2 with 6.5 bed anywhere. Had a dealer in FL check for 2000 mile range, nada. Only one in the state and it was red.

The dealer told me 6-8 weeks, but I have seen some threads with 10-12 weeks. I hoping mid May.

I'm picking it up tomorrow morning. I'll be posting pics in this thread:

http://www.blueovalf...showtopic=41954

Hi just thought I would share my timeline so far

3-5 ordered 2011 fx4 eb screw tux blk

received my vin from dealer 3-21

i was able to see my window sticker 3-23

build date of 3-30

thats a pretty good turn around...I ordered 2/26, got my VIN 3/22 with a build date of 3/26. hope to have it before the end of april for my road trip!!

What does 'Blend" mean?

What is the difference between "Blend date" and "Build date"?

And how does the "Blend date" show up on the window sticker?

Thanks

Blend is the day that the vehicle receives its production date - or the 'lock-in' date. After order is blended, you can't make any changes. The build date is the production date or the day that the vehicle will actually be built.

Blend date shows up in the box under the VIN# barcode, and is usually about 1 week before the production date, in the bottom right corner.

Hi just thought I would share my timeline so far

3-5 ordered 2011 fx4 eb screw tux blk

received my vin from dealer 3-21

i was able to see my window sticker 3-23

build date of 3-30

Spoke to Ford, said truck is in order processing stage, about where it should be at this time, he said should go into production w/in a few days. I ordered my truck 3/12, hopefully it follows your timeline and I'll get my VIN on Monday

Another issue that might effect you is when the dealer put the order in to ford. I ordered mine on 3/5 but my DORA says ordered recieved on 3/11. I dont know if the dealer waited to order or if it took Ford that long to respond. From what I have read it seems like my dealer may have waited on it.

Upper left corner. Look for a number like 220110323. Drop the first "2" the rest is the year, month and day.

Enjoy!

Is it the same for the Lincoln? My numbers are HRM- (which I assume is Hermosillo) 000215CA (and it's coming to Calif) but the numbers are strange. I ordered on 02/22 and the build date was 03/21. Same numbers in the box bottom left but then a space and followed by 03 17 11

Edited by Dedonut

Is it the same for the Lincoln? My numbers are HRM- (which I assume is Hermosillo) 000215CA (and it's coming to Calif) but the numbers are strange. I ordered on 02/22 and the build date was 03/21. Same numbers in the box bottom left but then a space and followed by 03 17 11

Look just to the right of the the HRM-000215CA. There should be a 9-digit number there. The last 8 digits should give you the date.

On mine, the date at the top 20110323 and the thing that sure looks like a date at the bottom is 3 16 11. I also believe I read somewhere that window stickers come about a week before the build date, so I'm going with yours was scheduled to be built on 3/24.

Look just to the right of the the HRM-000215CA. There should be a 9-digit number there. The last 8 digits should give you the date.

On mine, the date at the top 20110323 and the thing that sure looks like a date at the bottom is 3 16 11. I also believe I read somewhere that window stickers come about a week before the build date, so I'm going with yours was scheduled to be built on 3/24.

The numbers to the right are 000014747. I guess the Lincoln is coded differently.