2012 Mustangs

dhanulec

Mine was ordered the 21 of January and I was told a possible date of the 18th of april. I do not figure on seeing it befrore May!

This is my second car I ordered, the first was a BMW 335i and it came from Germany faster! They best be working on the price after this wait!

And for the rest of the story...

It left the railhead @ Flat Rock on 3/11, and arrived at the dealership 3/21, LAST NIGHT!

So, as of 11 AM on 3/22, it's all mine...right now, it's home locked up in the garage, and its a BEAUT!

2012 GT / 400A / 6MT / 3.55

Kona Blue w/ White OTT Stripes

Charcoal Interior, Reverse Sensing, HID & Security

Electronics Package, Rear Camera

congrats!

Careful, these cars can be addictive :)

My dealer told me that they recieved a parical VIN for my car over a week ago and yet to recieve the entire VIN but it was pulled to be built. I do not know exactly what that means.

A partial VIN number is issued for every vehicle order once it's placed in the USOB (UNscheduled Order Bank) and has nothing to do with scheduling. The partial VIN number includes only that general information applicable to that order such as country of origin, body code and other general information that is coded as part of the VIN number.

As soon as a vehicle order is scheduled, a complete VIN number is generated and available to the Dealer in its daily reports.

I think we all got bumped to the week of the 11th. Mine is now in production and my window sticker just appeared with a build date of 4/14. AAI is down next week due to an overabundance of Mustangs sitting around (????)

With the articles online, with links provided elsewhere on BON Forums, reports are that there's a 116 day supply of Mustangs. And with no Mustang wholsale or allocation for May production it looks like there's going to be a lot more down time at Flat Rock. Hopefully Ford will expedite the retail orders so customers don't have to wait any longer... as if they're already wating far too long.

My stupid dealer ordered my cars as dealer stock not retail. This mean I can forget seeing my car anytime soon?? Since it was ordered in January they said that it was the only way! I will cancel the order if it is not coming until after MAY!

He can change that to a retail order.

I am going t have to ahve him do that, or it might not be produced this month or next. Is it true No mustangs will be produced in the month of May?

There is no wholesale/allocation plan for May production but it's too early to know what the actual plant schedule will be. According to my Ford Zone Manager they're going to try to schedule retail orders. Perhaps a Flat Rock employee can provide better information.

FYI... While our store is pretty much out of Mustangs with little prospects of getting additional inventory from Ford until June at best I took a look yesterday morning at the Vehicle Locator at did see a lot of Mustang inventory available at other dealers. Not a lot of 2012 Mustang inventory but a LOT of 2011's with a lot of stores having 4-6 2011's in stock which for Connecicut is strong.

Any idea of how to locate a 2011 that will fit what I am looking for? I just read that the 2012 Mustang rebate plan is $500.00 cash back! The 2011 was $1,500 so I am going to cancel my 2012 order regardless.

What is the offerings for a 2011?

Grabber Blue GT Premium

401A package

6spd

Brembo package

comfort package

Electronic package

The dealer told me a month ago on March 16th that my car was pulled for production and an estimated delivery date of April 18th but yet no complete VIN. SOunds like he is pulling my chain so I do not cancel.

Edited by blownblu03

Any idea of how to locate a 2011 that will fit what I am looking for? I just read that the 2012 Mustang rebate plan is $500.00 cash back! The 2011 was $1,500 so I am going to cancel my 2012 order regardless.

Grabber Blue GT Premium

401A package

6spd

Brembo package

comfort package

Electronic package

The dealer told me a month ago on March 16th that my car was pulled for production and an estimated delivery date of April 18th but yet no complete VIN. SOunds like he is pulling my chain so I do not cancel.

It makes me sick to hear all this. I'm contemplating on jumping in that 2011 boat too. Might tell him to try and find mine somewhere.

Grabbed blue premium package

Comfort package

Remote start

Automatic

Plus some other dealer add-ons

Just was wanting a 2012. Guess that's what I get for wanting.

Grabber Blue GT Premium

401A package

6spd

Brembo package

comfort package

Electronic package

I just ran your specifications through the Ford Vehicle Locator and there is only ONE 2011 vehicle showing up. It's at Brad Francis Ford (505-866-3100) in the Phoenix Region. The last 8 digits of the VIN #B5169154 and the vehicle has been in stock for 80 days. MSRP = $39,470. There are NO 2012's showing up in the Vehicle Locator with the same specifications. Vehicle search was for all 3,188 dealers.

Hope this helps!

I just ran your specifications through the Ford Vehicle Locator and there is only ONE 2011 vehicle showing up. It's at Brad Francis Ford (505-866-3100) in the Phoenix Region. The last 8 digits of the VIN #B5169154 and the vehicle has been in stock for 80 days. MSRP = $39,470. There are NO 2012's showing up in the Vehicle Locator with the same specifications. Vehicle search was for all 3,188 dealers.

Hope this helps!

Thats funny because I found that car on Autotraderand called about it. The car does not have the 3.73 axle and does have the pedestal wing and hood scoop. I am not a fan of that spoiler and wing.

The best part is I just recieved the VIN# of my car that was ordered so I will be sticking to that. Can anyone track the VIN#1ZVBP8CF2C5213345

I guess my car will be a One-of-a-kind LOL

Edited by blownblu03