concessions grievance

justkillintime

Has anyone heard any news on the company wide concessions grievance that was filed by the U.A.W. I had heard it had entered the final stage of arbitration, but nothing after that. Did we lose? I hope that Ford is not trying to claim our profit sharing as some type of settlement, as we never gave that up in the first place

Has anyone heard any news on the company wide concessions grievance that was filed by the U.A.W. I had heard it had entered the final stage of arbitration, but nothing after that. Did we lose? I hope that Ford is not trying to claim our profit sharing as some type of settlement, as we never gave that up in the first place

That grievance never had merit and was lost a long time ago, don't let our trusty union get away with telling you it's still in the final stages cause it's not. Until they can produce the third stage or arbitration letter on it then it was lost or it was put under a rug. That thing is 3 years old by now. Do you honestly think it takes 3 years for a grievance to go to third stage or arbitration? HELL NO... That's a lost puppy..

It wasn't a money grievance anyway and it wasn't even written correctly. I'll show you a copy of it if you want.. It looked like a 1st term alternate wrote it anyway.

Edited by sanduskyman

The grievance is alive and well.

My Local President called Monday to inquire about it for a meeting in which he had to report out union business.

Apparently an Umpire or Arbitrator has been selected and they are choosing a date for the hearing.

• Like 3

My Local President called Monday to inquire about it for a meeting in which he had to report out union business.

Apparently an Umpire or Arbitrator has been selected and they are choosing a date for the hearing.

Yeah ok...

Tell your president to show you a copy of the arbitration request signed off by your president. If he had any balls he would post it in the Union office at your plant.

That thing was lost last year bud... I'm sure they will try and use it as a tool for the next contract though.

Edited by sanduskyman
  • Like 1

Yeah ok...

Tell your president to show you a copy of the arbitration request signed off by your president. If he had any balls he would post it in the Union office at your plant.

That thing was lost last year bud... I'm sure they will try and use it as a tool for the next contract though.

I get facts........

You spread rumors and lies.......

I am a Man

You are a coward....

Would it help you to investigate and get facts from REAL forms of information or just spew the BS that bangin around in that fat head of yours

• Like 5

That grievance never had merit and was lost a long time ago, don't let our trusty union get away with telling you it's still in the final stages cause it's not. Until they can produce the third stage or arbitration letter on it then it was lost or it was put under a rug. That thing is 3 years old by now. Do you honestly think it takes 3 years for a grievance to go to third stage or arbitration? HELL NO... That's a lost puppy..

It wasn't a money grievance anyway and it wasn't even written correctly. I'll show you a copy of it if you want.. It looked like a 1st term alternate wrote it anyway.

It hasn't been three years.

• Like 3

This isn't necessary. Please stop.

If you ran a creditable forum people wouldn't act this way, but you ban too many people and limit what people have to say on here and hide much of the truths employees talk about, this is why you have a forum that is unsuccessful Mr. Warner.

Do us all a favor and shut down this website so the better ones can gain juice.

Edited by sanduskyman

If you ran a creditable forum people wouldn't act this way, but you ban too many people and limit what people have to say on here and hide much of the truths employees talk about, this is why you have a forum that is unsuccessful Mr. Warner.

Do us all a favor and shut down this website so the better ones can gain juice.

the biggest problem is facts if you have them attach them if not its a opinion or hear say from a rep/leader but until you see/get a copy of anything take it with a grain of salt these are mostly opinions and observations! people are mad and scared

you can say it was lost or swept under a rug but no merit you must be management or at the very least need some union education brother we are all entiltled to our veiw points and whom we choose to beleive with out attached proof so take it easy.

• Like 1

According to Nick K.'s (at DTP) News Letter , Question: "Where's our Equity of Sacrifice grievance?" Answer: "When the arbitrator makes a decision on our E.O.S. grievance I will notify you immediately".

Sounds like it's still alive and well to me.......................!

its not 3 years old, about a year and no it was not a "money grievance" it was a compensation grievance (benifet or money) and as far as merit that comes from the concession agreement for equal compensation when the come was turned around. Now I'm not saying we will get s___t! I'm sure it was only filed to shut the membership up

Edited by union94

• 3 weeks later...

At our union meeting today we were told that april 1st is the date that it goes to the Arbitrator. The Arbitrator then has 30 days to make the call.

• Like 1