MAP sent home

lackanookey

Saline better get their shit together or they will surely lose the ip's. They can't keep up with 600 units a day right now, how are they going to build 1400+ a day. Ford will not fail with the launch of the 2012 focus.There's plenty of room to build them a WAP! We have short work weeks every week, while they work 60+ hours. B.S.

• Like 1

what component does Saline make that they cannot keep up with?

They cannot keep up with IP's. It is really becoming an issue! I work day shift at MAP, and we are constantly shutting down, due to lack of IP's!! It is pathetic that there are still people out there who think they can soak the company for 12 hour a day, and produce next to nothing, and think they are smart for doing so!!

Saline is a joke, and Ford will never take it back!!

• Like 1

Take it easy the assembly side of Ip gets sent home too at saline. They are having a issue with making skins for the Ip and the foaming of them also. The company is the one who ordered this nightmare it was their new idea on how to make them. They were given alternatives to make tooling for other machines but passed to hang all of their production needs on a new and unproven machine. The workers are standing there waiting for parts just like your are waiting for Ip's

• Like 3

Take it easy the assembly side of Ip gets sent home too at saline. They are having a issue with making skins for the Ip and the foaming of them also. The company is the one who ordered this nightmare it was their new idea on how to make them. They were given alternatives to make tooling for other machines but passed to hang all of their production needs on a new and unproven machine. The workers are standing there waiting for parts just like your are waiting for Ip's

Great post duanesz.. BRAVO!

• Like 1

If were talking about the f150 IP's here, there is like 65 people on that line and every one of them are temp workers, the reason that line can't build parts is because of two reasons. 1 you have all temps that mess around all night, come and out drunk and high, and don't care about doing the job. The supervisor over there is also an idiot. The 2nd reason is that the other guy was correct, the line doesn't run a full shift because of the skins department, they can't product quality all shift long, and some times the line goes home, but they do get offered a lot to work Saturdays. In working there a year ago, my opinion is that the major problem is because of the temp workers, fooling around on the job, not caring about the parts being built or made correctly.

This is why ford people should be sent back to these plants, cause these temp and light blue people take their jobs for granted. The light blues are pissed cause they don't make as much as the full ford people do, so they give two shits about their production.

Sanduskyman you have no idea what your talking about. I worked on that line for a brief time while I was laid of in skilled trades. There are "light blue" and "orange" both making up that line, only a couple "dark blue". Although I despised the time I was there I can say one thing, those "orange" people worked their asses off!!! The whole department is a joke with a crazy supervisor, can't remember her name, (skinny older black lady), she was nuts!!! I got into it with her the second day I was there about workstandards, line cycle time and ergonomics. The whole facility is one BIG JOKE and anyone thinking there will be a blue oval outside should wake up fast, especially the dark blue one's!

If were talking about the f150 IP's here, there is like 65 people on that line and every one of them are temp workers, the reason that line can't build parts is because of two reasons. 1 you have all temps that mess around all night, come and out drunk and high, and don't care about doing the job. The supervisor over there is also an idiot. The 2nd reason is that the other guy was correct, the line doesn't run a full shift because of the skins department, they can't product quality all shift long, and some times the line goes home, but they do get offered a lot to work Saturdays. In working there a year ago, my opinion is that the major problem is because of the temp workers, fooling around on the job, not caring about the parts being built or made correctly.

This is why ford people should be sent back to these plants, cause these temp and light blue people take their jobs for granted. The light blues are pissed cause they don't make as much as the full ford people do, so they give two shits about their production.

2011 F150 lauch was botched due to a salaried person not ordering enough parts for the launch. Nothing else.

I'm at Sheldon rd, and were getting tired of being sent home as well due to Saline.

• Like 1

The problem with the new focus panel is design and machinery period. They've spent millions on equipment that doesn't work. If i gave you a box of plastic resin and a bic lighter i'm sure you could build a quality part you seem to have the answer for everything. Light blue are pissed because they don't make as much as dark blue wrong. Do you even know what light blue means, let me help you out. They are ford workers from other plants who get paid what they were making at there other plant, unless they get a classified job that pays more, then they get a raise. Orange,temps,ach, workers whatever you want to call them make half of what a ford worker makes for doing the same job , they are not all drunk and high,most are very hard workers just trying to pay there bills with a lot less money. "come and out drunk and high" you sound like the drunk and high one. Saline bashing seems to be popular subject on here, this plant builds thousands of ips, door skins and consoles everyday by a lot of hard working people. Are you jealous because you had to leave or are you just a malcontent, i think a little of both.

• Like 1

you are a complete fucking moron I know when I was light blue at Saline I kept my higher base wage while I was there for the 9 mo. Most of the orange or super temps in the ford or ach system work there asses off. They hope they can be ford workers some day. my guess most of the problems are with the new machines. most of the old timers retired that were set up in the foam areas.

• Like 1

you are a complete fucking moron I know when I was light blue at Saline I kept my higher base wage while I was there for the 9 mo. Most of the orange or super temps in the ford or ach system work there asses off. They hope they can be ford workers some day. my guess most of the problems are with the new machines. most of the old timers retired that were set up in the foam areas.

having spent a year in Saline, the only LAZY ASSES were DARK BLUE. those morons don't have a freaking clue about HOW to work. They spend more time trying to get out of working, than anything else.

That plant has been in trouble, and will continue to be, because of the nepotism, Dark Blue feeling that they are better than anyone else, and thinking they don't have to work for a living. put them all in an assembly plant...75% will QUIT within a week.

And NO, I am not talking about all Dark Blue...some are very good workers. Its unfortunate that the bad outnumber the good by more than 3-1

Edited by trailfndr