Crackin some heads at Saline

DTP Nick

How long can SALINE, the ALLEGED most important plant in the company, go on hampering the launch of one of Fords most important vehicles in the past 20 years? Especially seeing that the Focus will be in such high demand with these escalating gas prices. According to sources in Local 892 the company is talking about bringing back the likes of Ray Bill, Larry Mauer, and Duane Cumpher to get these divas at Saline going before they bring the whole company down. The stock price is falling because of salines troubles to

How long can SALINE, the ALLEGED most important plant in the company, go on hampering the launch of one of Fords most important vehicles in the past 20 years? Especially seeing that the Focus will be in such high demand with these escalating gas prices. According to sources in Local 892 the company is talking about bringing back the likes of Ray Bill, Larry Mauer, and Duane Cumpher to get these divas at Saline going before they bring the whole company down. The stock price is falling because of salines troubles to

Day shift at MAP has been sent home after only about 5 hours, both today and yesterday, and probably the rest of the week as well!!! Saline can only make 400 IP's a day, 200 for day shift and 200 for afternoons! AND, they are working 7-12's to get this done!!

• Like 1

If you read the other posts someone who works there said it's a machine issue and they have been getting sent home also. So to me sounds like the company was trying to save money and are failing miserably.

Nope, they were not trying to save money. They were trying to produce a better product, unfortunatly using technology that has failed in everey plant that tried it. The skins that they make for doors and IPs for several vehicles, produces nearly as myuch scrap as it does good parts. And 90% of the good parts, have to be touched up in several areas. That is before injecting the foam, which also produces far too much scrap.

The finished product is better than anything else in the market, but they took it too far, too fast, and made decisions to expand the use of this system before getting the bugs worked out.

Not smart.\\Please stop blaming your fellow workers. they are being handicapped by the technology being used. Blame the real culprits. BAD MANEGEMENT DECISIONS!

• Like 3

Nope, they were not trying to save money. They were trying to produce a better product, unfortunatly using technology that has failed in everey plant that tried it. The skins that they make for doors and IPs for several vehicles, produces nearly as myuch scrap as it does good parts. And 90% of the good parts, have to be touched up in several areas. That is before injecting the foam, which also produces far too much scrap.

The finished product is better than anything else in the market, but they took it too far, too fast, and made decisions to expand the use of this system before getting the bugs worked out.

Not smart.\\Please stop blaming your fellow workers. they are being handicapped by the technology being used. Blame the real culprits. BAD MANEGEMENT DECISIONS!

is the process the same as the tauras? they look great but they have a shit ton of scrap. they should have learned there lesson from the tauras launch.

Have any of you ever seen how they touch up the skins at Saline on the lines when they put the doors together??

I have....

They use a can of spray paint from home depot and these idiots just over spray the door. Don't believe me, just ask the idiots on the Taurus line how they do it. lol it's funny to watch.

2nd, it's not only the paint spray machine that screws up the skins, the molding department has a lot of scrap when they change over colors. Did you know that when they change over colors going from Black to tan, or grey, they have to run about 15 parts (that they scrap) in order to make sure the colors are not bleeding into the part from the last change over? lol that's also funny to watch!.

No these people really don't work a full day, this is why it's a country club!. There is more waiting around then actual work.

As for the company as a whole not making the vehicles, the less they can make a day the more the actual demand is for them. Ford is reporting that they already made 2 billion in profit for the months of DEC-FEB already, and this means for the first quarter they will report about a 4 billion in sales profit. The company just writes off the losses and they also write off the overtime as well. So really the company is not hurting here, if anything they are keeping the demand high on it's most sought after vehicle line, which is a good thing.

GM is also reporting profits again as of today, ask yourself why Ford stock is 1/3 lower then GM stock, and GM took bailout money that they haven't fully paid back yet? You would think Ford would have more market share but it doesn't and it never will for some reason or another. I think someone on Wall Street is manipulating Ford stock. Maybe Ford could be doing it. The question is why would they want to keep it low? so they don't have to pay dividends on their earning maybe? hmmm..

I wish someone could explain why Ford continues to have such a low market share compared to the failing companies.

• Like 1

I hope you don't honestly think FORD stock price has went down because of Saline!!!! Lay off the drugs buddy!

You do realize that Wall Street is watching this launch. Wall Steet would love to see the UAW fail at making a compact car in this country, in which Ford can make a profit with. If we fail, that gives Wall Street reason to push Ford to make cars outside of the U.S., so that the stock holders will be happy!

• Like 2

Have any of you ever seen how they touch up the skins at Saline on the lines when they put the doors together??

I have....

They use a can of spray paint from home depot and these idiots just over spray the door. Don't believe me, just ask the idiots on the Taurus line how they do it. lol it's funny to watch.

2nd, it's not only the paint spray machine that screws up the skins, the molding department has a lot of scrap when they change over colors. Did you know that when they change over colors going from Black to tan, or grey, they have to run about 15 parts (that they scrap) in order to make sure the colors are not bleeding into the part from the last change over? lol that's also funny to watch!.

No these people really don't work a full day, this is why it's a country club!. There is more waiting around then actual work.

As for the company as a whole not making the vehicles, the less they can make a day the more the actual demand is for them. Ford is reporting that they already made 2 billion in profit for the months of DEC-FEB already, and this means for the first quarter they will report about a 4 billion in sales profit. The company just writes off the losses and they also write off the overtime as well. So really the company is not hurting here, if anything they are keeping the demand high on it's most sought after vehicle line, which is a good thing.

GM is also reporting profits again as of today, ask yourself why Ford stock is 1/3 lower then GM stock, and GM took bailout money that they haven't fully paid back yet? You would think Ford would have more market share but it doesn't and it never will for some reason or another. I think someone on Wall Street is manipulating Ford stock. Maybe Ford could be doing it. The question is why would they want to keep it low? so they don't have to pay dividends on their earning maybe? hmmm..

I wish someone could explain why Ford continues to have such a low market share compared to the failing companies.

You sure have alot of knowledge or incorrect information about Saline. When did Saline get transfers from Sandusky Chucky?

• Like 2

Really???? You actually think Americans will wait for Ford to build these cars??? The market is flooded with compact cars, if they cannot get a Focus within a reasonable time, they will go to another car maker!! If this is the attitude in Saline, then we are all screwed!!

• Like 2

I have....

Get off the crack, Chucky.

• Like 1

Really???? You actually think Americans will wait for Ford to build these cars??? The market is flooded with compact cars, if they cannot get a Focus within a reasonable time, they will go to another car maker!! If this is the attitude in Saline, then we are all screwed!!

that is just that chucky retard talkin he comes on here with different user names every month and ppl figure it out that its chucky

chucky chucky chucky

Who exactly are you bashing refering to Saline.

Speaking of bad management decisions, maybe, just maybe the powers that be should have left some of their Visteon (formerly Ford) parts suppliers OPEN. Each plant had its own part niche and did a pretty good job of supplying Ford with parts. The bad management decision to spin off viable Ford plants to Visteon will forever haunt Ford. Now you combine multiple processes in one plant and end up with a clusterf%$#. How's that decision to spin us off to Visteon working for you, huh Ford?

Americans aren't going to buy cars from company's that have 30 million in recalls over gas pedals I know that much.

People don't mind waiting for a nice vehicle. And if they go and put their money down, they don't have any choice but to wait, if they know that up front and decide to buy then whats the big deal?

Nobody is buying toyota's and other compact vehicles here in the US anymore, the trend is downward just look at it, it's factual information and it's in your face to see. The only company selling vehicles (and vehicles people want) is Ford now. The only reason GM is profitable is cause it has less of a work force and our government manipulated it's stock price.

When you vote for Obama in 2012 ask yourself if you got any tax payer bailout money back that was considered to be an investment for the gov on your part.

That answer is no. The only thing Obama did was roll back the law to extend the bush tax cuts, they were not really cuts tho.

Our pockets didn't see a bit of that money back and it never will.

Edited by sanduskyman

Who exactly are you bashing refering to Saline.

management sucks! Skilled trades can't do their jobs because engineers and supervisors are doing it! They sent everybody back to their home plants that knew anything about the machines! The whole Saline rant is frustration on my part because of the short week we are getting right now. It would be nice to get a little o.t.

management sucks! Skilled trades can't do their jobs because engineers and supervisors are doing it! They sent everybody back to their home plants that knew anything about the machines! The whole Saline rant is frustration on my part because of the short week we are getting right now. It would be nice to get a little o.t.

I understand you now. Your posts read as if the rant was about the hourly as well (meaning everyone as a whole). Trust me, The brothers and sisters working to help get things straight are VERY frustrated over there too.

The IP was essentially developed in Europe by Faurecia. It requires action in the substrate tool that Saline wouldn't have bought off on in a million years had it been engineered in Dearborn. I would prefer Ford attempt to produce the best car in a particular market segment. The customer couldn't care less how difficult it is to deliver. The new Focus is so much better that the previous generation it's sick. The only people who buy the current model either work for Ford, live in Detroit or buy rentals for Hertz.

Edited by wvernon
  • Like 1

The IP was essentially developed in Europe by Faurecia. It requires action in the substrate tool that Saline wouldn't have bought off on in a million years had it been engineered in Dearborn. I would prefer Ford attempt to produce the best car in a particular market segment. The customer couldn't care less how difficult it is to deliver. The new Focus is so much better that the previous generation it's sick. The only people who buy the current model live in Detroit or work for Hertz.

I own the current model, & don't live in Detroit ,or work for Hertz. Perhaps you were confused on your statement. :happy feet:

I own the current model, & don't live in Detroit ,or work for Hertz. Perhaps you were confused on your statement. :happy feet:

When you go out of town on Vacation and people ask you where you are from do you say Napoleon? Or Onsted home of the lawnmower races? Or Cement city? People would look at you with a blank face like what the hell.....You most likely say im from Detroit which doesnt mean you LIVE in Detroit..Get it?

When you go out of town on Vacation and people ask you where you are from do you say Napoleon? Or Onsted home of the lawnmower races? Or Cement city? People would look at you with a blank face like what the hell.....You most likely say im from Detroit which doesnt mean you LIVE in Detroit..Get it?

So i live an hour from detroit, yet i'd say i live in detroit? yeah right. i tell people where i live, when they ask where that is i tell them in relation to ann arbor or detroit. why the hell would anyone want to say they live in detroit?

• Like 2

Yeah, I get it genius. :stop: But I say Toledo, since I'm closest to it. nice try though! :finger:

• Like 2

Only people in the SE Michigan region identify their city individually. Everyone else in the world says you live in Detroit. But I'll add Ford employees to the list, seems obvious.

Edited by wvernon
  • Like 1

I have....

You are more full of it than everyone else thinks you are. I happen to have WORKED that area...repairing skins...making skins...and foaming skins. Spraypaint is NOT used. the paint used is the same paint we used to make the skin origianlly, from the same batch. The spary machines that make the skins for the tauras, (and now focus) crate tons of scrap...far too much to be profitable. Some of the sprayers simply didn't care as everything was being redone anyway. When I was there, we had 8 or more sprayers doing nothing but touching us skins before they went to foam. Thats far too much re-work With each person doing about 10 parts per hour (boy were some of them milking things) you are not fixing the skins, as fast as the carosel can foam them, causing down time in foam. Foam leaks, become scrap, and while I was there, each part had to be inspected 3-6 times between foam and assembly in order to insure the parts shipped wouldn't come back. TYhat is way too much handling of a part to be cost effective, or meet the production demands of the assembly plant.

• Like 3