2011 Explorer on hold again....

I just got word that my 2011 Explorer orders are once again on hold and could be an added 6-8 weeks on top of the 8-10 weeks that they take. I have 24 SOLD retail orders a few of them came in already. Anyone know why they are on hold and when they will be shipped?

I just got word that my 2011 Explorer orders are once again on hold and could be an added 6-8 weeks on top of the 8-10 weeks that they take. I have 24 SOLD retail orders a few of them came in already. Anyone know why they are on hold and when they will be shipped?

How good is your source? I've heard nothing like this and Explorer are scheduling for Friday.

A Ford rep called me last night because I have so many retail orders in the order bank and said...

{I have some bad news. Explorer is on hold. i said thats not good. He said thats not the bad news.... Ok whats the bad news? It could be as much as 6-8 MORE WEEKS!!!}

Now we were talking about units already built and in transit. He said he was checking on units at the ramp for 2 weeks and this is what he found. I have 16 SOLD retails do in by month end that are built. So I have no idea what is going on. I just want to have a halfway intelligent answer when my customers ask why there Explorer thats built with dealer ETA's of now are still 2 months out.

• Like 1

The dealer that I test drove the Ecoboost F150 at, only had 1 Explorer on the lot, to go with their 1 Ecoboost F150. They had a $3K market adjustment on both.

I said something to the salesman, and he said "They (meaning Ford) have the adjustment due to the popularity and limited availability of the vehicles, at this time. I looked him dead in the face, and told him that Ford does not put market adjustments on vehicles, the dealership does. After they insulted me on what my 22K mile fully loaded F250 V10 4x4 Lariat was worth, I laughed at them and left. They wanted to make $10K plus on my truck, and the new truck. Not on my back they aren't. He actually had the cajones to tell us that they would not be getting another Ecoboost in for 6 months. Please. I may be blonde, but I'm not stupid.

And no, I had no intention of buying the vehicle. First, it was a 5.5' bed, and I would only be interested in the 6.5'. However, the biggie for me, was the lack of power telescope and fold mirrors with the max tow package. As someone who tows alot, I would not sacrifice that.

Hopefully Ford adds that for the future. Otherwise, I will just keep my SD.

• Like 2

Dealers like that is what gives us good dealers a bad name.....

The dealer that I test drove the Ecoboost F150 at, only had 1 Explorer on the lot, to go with their 1 Ecoboost F150. They had a $3K market adjustment on both.

I said something to the salesman, and he said "They (meaning Ford) have the adjustment due to the popularity and limited availability of the vehicles, at this time. I looked him dead in the face, and told him that Ford does not put market adjustments on vehicles, the dealership does. After they insulted me on what my 22K mile fully loaded F250 V10 4x4 Lariat was worth, I laughed at them and left. They wanted to make $10K plus on my truck, and the new truck. Not on my back they aren't. He actually had the cajones to tell us that they would not be getting another Ecoboost in for 6 months. Please. I may be blonde, but I'm not stupid.

And no, I had no intention of buying the vehicle. First, it was a 5.5' bed, and I would only be interested in the 6.5'. However, the biggie for me, was the lack of power telescope and fold mirrors with the max tow package. As someone who tows alot, I would not sacrifice that.

Edited by stevea26
  • Like 1

Beats going to 3 totally different Toyota dealerships and just as I'm looking at a few of the vehicles window stickers, the salesguy comes to introduce his name and tells me that they are Toyota and they don't discount because people really want their vehicles. And all 3 times I nicely smiled, told them they obviously don't need my business, and left. (while pulling a friends arm because he wanted a damn Toyota-that idea got nixed)...

• Like 1

Found out today there are a few different stop ships from minor problems found in the normal quality check process. There was a little bit of a back log at the plant but they are just about done and should be totally caught up next week. GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!! The guys and gals on the Explorer team are working hard to get the vehicle to the customer trouble free!!

• Like 1

Good for you for leaving that dealership. Neither Ford, its customers or other dealers need to deal with such treatment!

• Like 3