What you should be paying for your truck

69cat

Found this great site that lets you know what others are paying......you can price with options and lets you know what the dealer is really paying including their hold back (click on table tab in price report) also has incentives listed......A great way to find out how good of a deal you got as the dealer will always cry that they aren't making anything on the sale.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Ford_F-150/

The site pulls up TrueCar.com. That site was almost spot on regarding factory invoice, best price etc. Its good to know the dealer invoice and holdback. Luckily, I was able to get a Xplan pin, which came in handily when the dealer I was going to buy to truck from starting crying about not making any money and being an a$$ about it. Said nice talking with you and left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm looking at a 2011 XLT SuperCrew, 4x4 with 5.0L with Convenience, Chrome, and Plus Package. I have an offer from a dealer for $36,890...can I do better? I live in Massachusetts? What do you think I should pay for such a truck?

I'm looking at a 2011 XLT SuperCrew, 4x4 with 5.0L with Convenience, Chrome, and Plus Package. I have an offer from a dealer for $36,890...can I do better? I live in Massachusetts? What do you think I should pay for such a truck?

The only way to find out is get quotes from other dealers.

Well, I'm no longer looking for a 2011 SuperCrew. I found a 2010 XLT Supercrew, loaded, with 3,700 miles on it that someone traded in after owning it for 6 months. I traded a '98 Nissan Maxima with 141,000 miles and walked out the door with the truck for $25,750. I couldn't say no.

Got on Kelly Blue book and priced out a new 2011 Raptor Screw with the options that I wanted and was able to pull up the dealer invoice (not MSRP) with the cost of all options I wanted to add to the truck. Ended up paying $200 over invoice. Went to 4 dealers, one was not willing to budge at all off his MSRP sticker price, 3 others competed for our business and very willing to make a deal over invoice. Have never paid much over invoice on any new vehicle by doing the research. Another good sight is Intellichoice.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great site, looks like we got a good deal. The incentives don't seem to be accurate though. All they have listed is a $2000 customer incentive. Pretty sure Ford has $3000 or 0% + other incentives. I heard there was also an incentive out there for switching car brands. Isn't there also a $1000 Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash with financing?

Great site, looks like we got a good deal. The incentives don't seem to be accurate though. All they have listed is a $2000 customer incentive. Pretty sure Ford has $3000 or 0% + other incentives. I heard there was also an incentive out there for switching car brands. Isn't there also a $1000 Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash with financing?

I was able to get under invoice as well. I used a website here in Canada, carcostcanada.com and it gives you the invoice price. Great website that saved me some good money!!