PLANT CLOSINGS!!!!!!!

CSMJ

The fact is Ford is closing 8-12 plants. What I wrote was my opinion and Ford will close what they want no matter what anyone writes in here Ford has advisors smarter them myself.

GM closed several plants that are QUOTE out of the supply chain. So the closer a plant is to Dearborn the better the chance it will be left alone. GM shut plants already in Baltimore and N.J. and said it will shut a plant in Georgia for the same reason.

The plant I work at may close the local union has told us. But hey if it closes it closes no matter what I say Ford has the final word, so sit back and relax like every other Ford employee.

later

And the article was in the Globe and News paper in Canada during the CAW contract negotiations.It was posted at my plant by the Chairman for all to read.

Walton hills stamps the Econoline Van so I doubt it. What plant stamps the Taurus-Sable????????????

Does Oakville build the Freestar,, for now anyways? Is the Freestar selling? When it is redisigned and a smaller version is made will it be made there?

Hey, idiot stick. Before you make your postulations get a grip on what product is built where.

Oakville Builds the Freestar. It is being retooled to build the Edge and the Aviator.

It is not closing.

Ford is closing a casting plant in Windsor. Ontario. In Canada. In the future.

There are 8 Ford plants in Canada. If you're confused as to what 8 means, count the sides of a stop sign. Because you heard "a" plant in Canada was getting closed, don't assume it is the only one you've heard of.

Before you put 2 and 2 together next time, make sure you have a remote clue of what you're talking about.

Because you obviously don't.

Opinions are assholes. Everyone has one. At least make sure yours aren't based in bullshit.

Edited by OAC_Sparky

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you dont read current papers then.The news about Atlanta you speak of is way older than July.And if the Atlanta Journal&Constitution was wrong the way they are about our plant with a regularity.Then what do any of us care what a Canadian paper said last July?Was it an 04 or 05 paper you were reading anyway?And you can put 2&2 together until you reach a million and you'll still be wrong.Now what it is your trying to is beyond me.But alot of good people visit this forum and never post.The ones that do I can fairly say know your wrong.However others may not and we are going through an uncertain time with our company.So know this UPFRONT.While im a pretty easy going and try not to get in to it with anyone in here.Alot of the men and women in here like to take speculation and crucify you with facts.So just be carefull what you post ;)

As to what I'm trying to do, well nothing. I simply take what I have read and wrote my opinion.(Speculation) was the word you used. I understand by your above statement about "our plant" that you work in Atlanta? From what I understand the quality level is high there. I have a 05 Taurus from Atlanta and it's the best car I've owned.Why Ford is dishing it I have no idea but it's a mistake in my book.

Ford wants every car to start with an F well maybe they should sprouse up the Taurus and call it the FORD FALCON. The Fusion should have went to Atlanta anyway.

later have a nice day

Hey, idiot stick. Before you make your postulations get a grip on what product is built where.

Oakville Builds the Freestar. It is being retooled to build the Edge and the Aviator.

It is not closing.

Ford is closing a casting plant in Windsor. Ontario. In Canada. In the future.

There are 8 Ford plants in Canada. If you're confused as to what 8 means, count the sides of a stop sign. Because you heard "a" plant in Canada was getting closed, don't assume it is the only one you've heard of.

Before you put 2 and 2 together next time, make sure you have a remote clue of what you're talking about.

Because you obviously don't.

Opinions are assholes. Everyone has one. At least make sure yours aren't based in bullshit.

cHILL DUDE, I know about the Edge-Aviator and Ford should add another vehicle to make Oakville a multivehicle flex plant. They should have kept buliding the f150 heritage there also. I was referring to the Freestar being redisigned and built with another vehicle, where who knows!

later

Typical brutal thug language from OAC Sparky.

Can't respond to a post he disagrees with without using abusive foul language.

cHILL DUDE, I know about the Edge-Aviator and Ford should add another vehicle to make Oakville a multivehicle flex plant. They should have kept buliding the f150 heritage there also. I was referring to the Freestar being redisigned and built with another vehicle, where who knows!

Possible closings

Atlanta,wixom,minnesota,st.louis,mexican truck plant,a windsor engine plant,romeo engine plant,2 stamping and metal fab.plants, transmission plant in sharonsville,ohio, norfolk.oakville van plant

Well, which is it?

Is it closing or isn't it?

You're entitled to your opinion. Everybody wants to speculate.

What annoys the hell out of me are people that speculate based on thirdhand rumour from some second-cousin's brother's room-mate who works for a supplier worker's nephew. There's a treasure trove of information here if you chose to dig for it. THEN make your up your mind.

Oh, and if I can offer any advice about this board. Don't expect people to give you sympathy or credence if you threaten to take your business to "the transplants". Then it becomes my personal mission in life to be mean to you. If you don't know what I'm talking about, that's ok. Other people do.

:lol:

Take care.

Edited by OAC_Sparky

Well, which is it?

Is it closing or isn't it.

What annoys the hell out of me that speculate based on thirdhand rumour from some second-cousin's brother's room-mate who works for a supplier's cousin's nephew. There's a treasure trove of information here if you chose to dig for it. THEN make your up your mind.

Oh, and if I can offer any advice. Don't expect people to give you sympathy or credence if you threaten to take your business to "the transplants". Then it becomes my personal mission in life to be mean to you.

Take care.

See this is the kind of stuff that for one gets everyone upset. First off this is a forum to give opinions and ones view may not sit well with others. Second we all need to just calm down about everything because in the end all anyone wants is for everyone that is working to stay working. I know I have my thoughts on what is going to happen but that is all it is. I do not expect anyone to take what I have to say and then if I am wrong that person feels worse for listening in the first place.

You know that this may be something to do with the people that have over 30 years or something. I personally think the deadbeats need to go and whoever wants to actually work, work. I could care less how long anyone has worked for ford because I have had family work past 30.

All this bitching and what? Nothing just ideas floating around about what is going to happen and who really gives a shit anyway. If someone does not like what they see then don't come back but most people like that excitment.

Everyone that has a problem with what is going on this is a wakeup call. Tired of not being told any concrete information? Do something about it cause it looks like most on here have things to say but your kinda in the wrong place. Bitch to the local, reg. nat. Take action and vote for others that are intersted in the higher positions that have that thing about them and not just on hey I think he is a cool person.

I personally think that at this point our so called union has information on what plants will close. Just too busy seeing who they can save or screw with trying to get favors. Like it or not that is what this union has formed into. A bunch of second gen loosers. Lip service is something they are good at.

When things are over in the end how do you want to be remembered? We have the ability to force information from the ones that keep it. Figure it out and apply it.

Everyone that has a problem with what is going on this is a wakeup call. Tired of not being told any concrete information? Do something about it cause it looks like most on here have things to say but your kinda in the wrong place. Bitch to the local, reg. nat. Take action and vote for others that are intersted in the higher positions that have that thing about them and not just on hey I think he is a cool person.

I personally think that at this point our so called union has information on what plants will close. Just too busy seeing who they can save or screw with trying to get favors. Like it or not that is what this union has formed into. A bunch of second gen loosers. Lip service is something they are good at.

When things are over in the end how do you want to be remembered? We have the ability to force information from the ones that keep it. Figure it out and apply it.

Your post had some merit until the final comments about the UAW/CAW.

Why do people think that Ford would actually tell the Union what they plan to do?

If certain information was forthcoming from Ford do you really believe that they would want it made known to the rank and file?

The company is in a struggle for it's survival, they are NOT going to jeopardize their plans by giving us advance information.

How do you FORCE information out of people??? send them to Guantanamo and beat it out of them??

Lets keep ourselves grounded here and wait until the January 23rd announcement.

Your post had some merit until the final comments about the UAW/CAW.

Why do people think that Ford would actually tell the Union what they plan to do?

If certain information was forthcoming from Ford do you really believe that they would want it made known to the rank and file?

The company is in a struggle for it's survival, they are NOT going to jeopardize their plans by giving us advance information.

How do you FORCE information out of people??? send them to Guantanamo and beat it out of them??

Lets keep ourselves grounded here and wait until the January 23rd announcement.

I understand your response but the people that keep the information is our own union. That crap has to stop.

One thing is for sure moral is very low at plants that are supposed to be on the chopping block. Now take for granted most of the plants that have been suspected to close may not and that alone may boost moral to an extent. Please understand that like me I sure would be pissed if a plant that I used to work at is told to close but that is not going to get me to do anything that would hurt myself, there are other ways to deal with that.

Alot of the frustration may be over for some but more for others when and if an anouncement is made in Jan. so I will wait and see.

I look at this as something where it is a matter of fact that we will give up something but the way my mind is set it is something better than everything.

Thanks for your response.....

I understand your response but the people that keep the information is our own union. That crap has to stop.

One thing is for sure moral is very low at plants that are supposed to be on the chopping block. Now take for granted most of the plants that have been suspected to close may not and that alone may boost moral to an extent. Please understand that like me I sure would be pissed if a plant that I used to work at is told to close but that is not going to get me to do anything that would hurt myself, there are other ways to deal with that.

Alot of the frustration may be over for some but more for others when and if an anouncement is made in Jan. so I will wait and see.

I look at this as something where it is a matter of fact that we will give up something but the way my mind is set it is something better than everything.

Thanks for your response.....

I work in Oakville at OAC, and up until a year ago our future looked pretty bleak, at the end of the day you need to have confidence in the people you elect, that's why we put them there.

Like all governing bodies they often have advance information that quite frankly the membership has no "right " to know....It is shared with the implicit understanding that it be kept confidential.

I hope we all come out OK, but the reality is some will lose jobs and the rest we be hopefully better for it.

Take care.

This whole plant closing makes me sick. I know what it is like to be downsized... twice! Its tough to read this knowing that many of you on this board are going to lose their jobs. I only wish all of you can pull through this and be stronger in the end. 8 of my nine cars I've owned were Fords. I've had nothing but from 1987. I have driven many cars and I chose Ford 8 out of 9 times. I am proud to own my '05 Mustang and I hope to buy many more in the future. I can tell a lot of pride and love went into that car and I thank you.

To Management: I hope there is a much better plan after this. No one ever retreated into victory.

Well, which is it?

Is it closing or isn't it?

What annoys the hell out of me are people that speculate based on thirdhand rumour from some second-cousin's brother's room-mate who works for a supplier worker's nephew. There's a treasure trove of information here if you chose to dig for it. THEN make your up your mind.

Oh, and if I can offer any advice about this board. Don't expect people to give you sympathy or credence if you threaten to take your business to "the transplants". Then it becomes my personal mission in life to be mean to you. If you don't know what I'm talking about, that's ok. Other people do.

Take care.

if ford wants multiflex plants--what about Ohio Assy--we just consolidated with Lorain and we only build the econoline--a bestseller--but come on,one vehicle at this plant with Mona Rinehart(sp) the renowned plant killer mgr

• 2 weeks later...

"Plants adding lines of production will be St.Thomas,Chicago,Louisville/Ranger,Lima engine,Cleveland Engine plants 1,and 2(alluminum V-8) plus 3.5 V-6 truck engines for f-150,explorer,large van and minivan

and the Cleve. casting plant 2 diesel blocks."

Sounds reasonable with Cleveland Casting Plant in the light of the new CGI-equipment ordered from Swedish Sintercast 19 of dec 2005.

Ford Cleveland Casting Plant adopts SinterCast Process Control Technology for Compacted Graphite Iron

New order for SinterCast Mini-System 2000 with delivery to Ford CCP during 2005

Installation and commissioning during January 2006

Compacted Graphite Iron products under development for future series production

Ford Motor Company has ordered a SinterCast Mini-System 2000, to be installed at the Ford Cleveland Casting Plant (CCP) to support prototyping and product development of Compacted Graphite Iron (CGI) engine components.

Compare with the article in

Automotive Engineer from 2002

I doubt Ford will close OAC, but here are the reasons Ford could consider for it.

1) political, security reasons, the border could close instantly if there was another serious terrorist attack, especially if there was any evidence the attackers came through Canada

2) economic,a) the dollar is climbing relentlessly with our commodity based economy. With natural resources becoming more scarce the prices of them will not likely go down.

B) The fact that that guy in Quebec won the right to get private care for his hip replacement, and he won in court at the highest level. There is also the relentless efferts of Mr Klien and Harper toward private care. All that can lead MR Mays to think twice on Ontario's future healthcare cost advantage.

c) Quebec seperation, the unpredictability of the seperation question creates economic instability. The last vote was only 500,000 or so away from success, 49.2% to 51.8%.

3) Location, if Ford goes all the way with Flex and does not support a full plan at the OAC site, with the main engine component coming from 5 to 6 hours away in Ohio that doesn't exactly fit neatly with the flex ideal, but then again Ford's management our the masters of fitting square pegs in round holes.

Now as compelling as these points can be, if I do say so myself, like I said I DOUBT FORD WILL CLOSE OAC. I just want to play devil with my buddy charly. Besides there are more compelling reasons to stay, charly just can't think of them. B)

I think your reasons are very compelling. I am kind of busy right now, could you drive by the old OTP Paint shop and Final departments and tell all those contractors working triple time to go home. Tell them we are sorry, but we have called the whole thing off. I will tell all the TEGs to come back to Canada. Hey at least they got a Mexican vacation, not mention Chicago, Detroit, etc....

Don't worry about all the work being done in OTP, our guys put it in, they can throw it in the trash cans over there.

I really do love all these sound arguments ( from numerous people, not just Foxrun ).

OAC is staying!

Edited by bobsyouruncle

I think your reasons are very compelling. I am kind of busy right now, could you drive by the old OTP Paint shop and Final departments and tell all those contractors working triple time to go home. Tell them we are sorry, but we have called the whole thing off. I will tell all the TEGs to come back to Canada. Hey at least they got a Mexican vacation, not mention Chicago, Detroit, etc....

Don't worry about all the work being done in OTP, our guys put it in, they can throw it in the trash cans over there.

I really do love all these sound arguments ( from numerous people, not just Foxrun ).

OAC is staying!

AH Bob, I did say OAC is staying. I was just trying to get under Charly's skin.

Possible closings

Atlanta,wixom,minnesota,st.louis,mexican truck plant,a windsor engine plant,romeo engine plant,2 stamping and metal fab.plants, transmission plant in sharonsville,ohio, norfolk.oakville van plant

Ford will cut line speeds at all plants to eliminate down weeks and use O.T. if orders rise.

The next minivan will be built with a car/suv on a flex line in Lorain Ohio. Lorain has Industrial Parkways and more could be added.Just like Chicago Lorain will have all suppliers within 50 miles.A stamping plant,2 engine plants and visteon plants.

Plus it's going to close and within 2 years it will be retooled and the workforce will have 90% of the workers with 15 years or less seniority, people laid off will move there from around the country.

later I could be wrong but I could be right on target.

Plants adding lines of production will be St.Thomas,Chicago,Louisville/Ranger,Lima engine,Cleveland Engine plants 1,and 2(alluminum V-8) plus 3.5 V-6 truck engines for f-150,explorer,large van and minivan

and the Cleve. casting plant 2 diesel blocks.

The Way Forward Plan is supposed to kill off some 30 thousand hourly jobs. The death count from your list doesn't add up to that figure. Any explanation?

Exactly my point. Why are people worrying about the number/plants that will be announced on the 23rd? Can we change what will happen? No. Is anything set in stone at this point? Probably not. We should just continue to go to work, do our jobs to the best of our ability, and stop worrying about what we cannot change.

MY point exactly!!!!..LOL

some people you cant tell that too!!!

LOL

good point tho!!! ;)

OAC is staying!

Not that I’m in doubt but I do remember DMX sinking 150 million in a Windsor plant ( Sprinter)then walking away from it. Sounds like something Ford would do. Sink millions into something then walk away.

This day in age anything is possible?

Not that I’m in doubt but I do remember DMX sinking 150 million in a Windsor plant ( Sprinter)then walking away from it. Sounds like something Ford would do. Sink millions into something then walk away.

This day in age anything is possible?

Isn't just possible, it's happened in the past and will happen in the future. I worked at MCC in the 70's, the casting plant in Flat Rock. A brand new plant, the company had just spent millions on an expansion to produce 4 cylinder engine blocks and parts. They closed the plant. Just remove the machinery, sell it or move it to another facility. Happens all of the time.