U <Don't> Haul in 2012 Ford Explorer

You know what's funny about this stupid rule is that you can use a Mercury Mountaineer and a Mazda Navajo, just no Explorers. They really need to make a change to the rule and only exempt 01 and older Explorers as those were the one's that were affected by the Firestone debacle.

You know what's funny about this stupid rule is that you can use a Mercury Mountaineer and a Mazda Navajo, just no Explorers. They really need to make a change to the rule and only exempt 01 and older Explorers as those were the one's that were affected by the Firestone debacle.

...and all of those '01-previous Explorers have long since had their tires replaced.

U-Haul is just being archaic.

• Like 1

Consumer Report Article

:reading: I apologize if this has already been posted.

Thanks for posting.

Yes, I recently ran into this with my Explorer. I was peeved, but arguing with the counterperson won't get you anywhere, so I kept my temperature in check. Then rented a truck elsewhere, but U-Haul won't get any of my money.

It's ironic. The new Explorer has excellent safety ratings. Ford adds a roll axis on the stability control which I don't believe any other manufacturer (except for Volvo, that is) has. And with the trailer towing package, there is trailer sway mitigation also built into the stability control.

But it's not all U-Haul's fault. Ford marketing needs to meet with U-Haul management at high levels and get this changed.

Problem is stupid people judge just on a name alone.

BTW, a U-Haul place in Chicago is notorious for homeless living in their trucks and prostitutes serving clients there also. They won't lock the place, since people need to return trucks at all hours.

Ford marketing needs to meet with U-Haul management at high levels and get this changed.

Bullshit, Ford Explorer sales aren't contingent upon a consumer's need tow U-haul's shitty trailers. Don't mean to be argumentative but this is bullshit and I hope U-haul tanks.

Why would you want to rent from U Haul?

http://www.ctv.ca/CT...e_uhaul_051021/

The statistics reflect Woolley's concern. Between 2002 and 2004, the OPP inspected 220 U-Haul vehicles during roadside safety checks; 109 failed, almost half of all U-Haul's checked.

--------------------

After renting 13 U-Haul trucks across the country, W-FIVE found not a single one passed basic provincial standards. Each truck required some sort of maintenance to make it roadworthy.

http://www.ctv.ca/CT...e_uhaul_061021/

Under the hood, the mechanic's verdict: "We've got lots of problems here. It shouldn't be on the road, this truck."

The final tally for W-FIVE's U-Haul road tests this year - nine U-Hauls tested seven failures.

Edited by suv_guy_19
  • Like 1