Poll For KTP, LAP and CAP Job Postings

Empire

33 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in a move ???

Going thru a plant closing suuuuuks! I wish nobody---hourly, salaried, contract---had to go thru this. Having said that, I feel so fortunate to at least have the opportunity to keep working, keep my seniority, keep making a good wage, and have decent benefits. Thank you UAW!

For those moving on---salaried, contract, and our hourly coworkers retiring or leaving the Blue Oval family altogether--- I wish you all the best.

For those of us heading to new plants: let's be glad we have good jobs to go to, and work to endear ourselves to our new "families". Peaceout!

• Like 7

Going thru a plant closing suuuuuks! I wish nobody---hourly, salaried, contract---had to go thru this. Having said that, I feel so fortunate to at least have the opportunity to keep working, keep my seniority, keep making a good wage, and have decent benefits. ......Thank you UAW!

For those of us heading to new plants: let's be glad we have good jobs to go to, and work to endear ourselves to our new "families". Peaceout!

Good post Pumpmaster, We are quite fortunate to be able to go to Kentucky. The UAW had the foresight to make sure we are competeitve and provided us with job security through these investments. I hope the UAW gets even more product commitments in the 2011 Agreement this year.

• Like 5

Many talking about the job security at LAP-KTP-CAP and getting to a better economic situation. We are all hopeful the UAW will get more investments in our plants again. Many either drove down to the Louisville area already or are doing so this week. I drove down last week and was impressed with the area, river and diversity of 2 states in close proximity. I believe there will be an exodus of people transferring to the KY area.

• Like 3

Louisville is a nice part of the country.You will get the change of seasons but not the 'Russian Front' type winter like in Michigan.Chicago is nice if you like a big city but it is expensive as hell.Good-Luck to all my fellow trades making the move.Wish I could join you at LAP but I am married and the boss says no.LAP has new product coming its way and Ford is gonna spend hundreds of millions on that plant.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

i am laid off from the Indy.plant and don`t think i have much choice but to sign up for ky.even if i don`t want to go there. some of us in indy would like to go to Lima,they have 130 temps.there but ford will not post the jobs for some reason.

i am laid off from the Indy.plant and don`t think i have much choice but to sign up for ky.even if i don`t want to go there. some of us in indy would like to go to Lima,they have 130 temps.there but ford will not post the jobs for some reason.

They won't post because those 130 temps is alot cheaper to have on the floor then 130 full time employees. I have a few friends that are Temps in the system. But the UAW needs to fix the Temp system... There should not be one Temp at any plant, if there is a full time employee on lay-off. That is just the right thing to do. Best of LUCK to you all.

• Like 1

They won't post because those 130 temps is alot cheaper to have on the floor then 130 full time employees. I have a few friends that are Temps in the system. But the UAW needs to fix the Temp system... There should not be one Temp at any plant, if there is a full time employee on lay-off. That is just the right thing to do. Best of LUCK to you all.

UUUmmmmmm,,,,

There have been over 2,000 openings posted at CAP, CSP, KTP, LAP and DTP. Everyone has been offered jobs. Dont see the company "waiting" until everone is placed.

Looks like most of the LAP opportuniyies will be filled.

Carefully study every move to make sure you are able to go, these postings are final and binding after the open window period closes.

Get with your Bargaining Rep or Chairman to help with any questions.

Good luck everyone

• Like 1

UUUmmmmmm,,,,

There have been over 2,000 openings posted at CAP, CSP, KTP, LAP and DTP. Everyone has been offered jobs. Dont see the company "waiting" until everyone is placed.

Looks like most of the LAP opportunities will be filled.

Carefully study every move to make sure you are able to go, these postings are final and binding after the open window period closes.

Get with your Bargaining Rep or Chairman to help with any questions.

Good luck everyone

Looks like the majority of posters are interested. Who is going ?

Good luck. Many people will be going to Kentucky from Ford and ACH locations.Hopefully back-fills will get their plant of choice from ILOs and ACH.

Good luck again to everyone on this great negotiated benefit

Edited by Empire

Oh yeah, one more thing. Please treat all transfers with respect. Some may have higher seniority than those in the plants and we need to embrace everyone as sisters and brothers. This new product going into LAP saved the plant from potential closure. Please welcome all as friends.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Please treat all transfers with respect. Some may have higher seniority than those in the plants and we need to embrace everyone as sisters and brothers. This new product going into LAP saved the plant from potential closure. Please welcome all as friends.

yes , but you get what you give, people will be welcome , i have been down here at lap for 11 years goin on 12, frm detroit , nicest people , but , if you come down wth an northern attitude , well f the south and im goin to do things my way , well good luck wth that , you wil;l definatly be on your own . seniority really doesnt matter execpt for layoffs , i and many other people treat people wth respect , but it must also be earned , don't demand it cuz u may not get it . Lap has taken in many transfers from other plants and i have never heard of 2 many problems , hell we all work for ford , do your job and go home , that's what it is all about

• Like 1