gas milage

it has been proven over and over again.. by other's and by myself ...that if you run 1800 rpm's , you can save 20% on a tank of gas ,,,so how come you do not gear the car to run 70 or 75 mph at 1800 rpm's instead of runnin 62 mph the way you all gear them know at 75 mph your rpm's are 2200 ,,, make's no sense to me ,,, i can get 23 mpg out of my 2007 f=150 by runnin it at 62 mph 1800 rpm's

it has been proven over and over again.. by other's and by myself ...that if you run 1800 rpm's , you can save 20% on a tank of gas ,,,so how come you do not gear the car to run 70 or 75 mph at 1800 rpm's instead of runnin 62 mph the way you all gear them know at 75 mph your rpm's are 2200 ,,, make's no sense to me ,,, i can get 23 mpg out of my 2007 f=150 by runnin it at 62 mph 1800 rpm's

Ummm, if you go faster than 62, the wind resistance increases and you get worse fuel economy. The force it takes to overcome the force of the wind increased exponentially as speed increases, which is why MPG decreases as speed increases.

The plural of a word just uses the 's' without the apostrophe. So the plural of rpm would be rpms, not rpm's. However, since the R in RPM stands for Revolutions and it is already plural, the plural form of RPM is RPM.

Gearing is way more complicated than just cruising RPM.

Vehicles are geared to cruise most efficiently at 65mph. Also, optimal cruise RPM depends on where the motor makes its torque. My B3000's sweet spot is 2300rpm. A big torquey V8 can do just fine below 1500rpm. A small motorcycle engine does best between 3-4k RPM.