Alan Mulally's pay vs. Honda, Toyota, Nissan CEO pay - question

Dfisher

Here is an article from the Economist that addresses the issue - My link

More important than any potential for embarrassment is that the scant rewards Japanese managers get for doing well may be undermining their companies’ performance and indeed that of the economy as a whole. Japanese firms have a return on equity of around 5%, which is half that of European companies and a third that of American ones. Over the past decade wages for all workers have stagnated or fallen, while Japanese firms have stacked up vast sums of cash—a staggering $2 trillion, according to the Bank of Japan. Little wonder that consumption is lacklustre and the economy is in deflation: workers of all ranks have not shared the wealth.

Japan Inc justifies its meagre salaries and modest pay-differentials by noting that they help to foster the country's vaunted team spirit. They are also a function of a peculiar labour market with lifetime employment, a wage system based on seniority rather than performance, and little job mobility among managers. But they are another aspect of how Japanese industry is lagging what the rest of the rich world regards as best practice. The best solution is not simply to splash out on lavish pay rises for all, but to offer more generous incentives to reward talent and effort in Japanese firms, from the boardroom down to the shopfloor.
  • Like 1

Alan should take 1.00 in pay for each year of the next contract we get w/ no stock options. And give his millions back to the auto workers that make his company profitable.

I think Mark Fields should do this too. It would send a positive message to the people that build this company and make it profitable which are the workers. We have given up enough, it's time for them to give things up for a while.

Of course that would include all of the white collar workers below VP, correct ?

Have been hearing that if you combined Honda, Toyota, and Nissan CEO pay, then tripled that figure, it's still less than Alan's pay.

Does anyone have the actual numbers?

When this Company was on the "death spiral," Bill Ford had the smarts to go out and find someone to turn things around. Thank God for that. Since Alan Mulally turned the Company around and (finally) made it profitable again, it proves he is worth every penny he gets paid and then some. The workforce had NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT. NOTHING!

Just think how profitable a company like this could be if they had the ability to hire and fire whoever they wanted to. Half of the UAW turd workforce would be GONE, outside lookin' in! No more union favoritism, useless appointees, no more fat slobs walking around with clip boards, on and on and on.....

We are so uncompetative it is pathetic. Lucky we have jobs. THANKS ALAN!

• Like 3

Alan, Bill and Mark Fields should really playback the audio to themselves when they say "1 Company, 1 Brand, 1 Team, 1 whatever", cause they are making more money then we are and they don't ad value to the company. I say their millions in CEO pay should be distributed among the membership next time around.

When this Company was on the "death spiral," Bill Ford had the smarts to go out and find someone to turn things around. Thank God for that. Since Alan Mulally turned the Company around and (finally) made it profitable again, it proves he is worth every penny he gets paid and then some. The workforce had NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT. NOTHING!

Just think how profitable a company like this could be if they had the ability to hire and fire whoever they wanted to. Half of the UAW turd workforce would be GONE, outside lookin' in! No more union favoritism, useless appointees, no more fat slobs walking around with clip boards, on and on and on.....

Alan should take 1.00 in pay for each year of the next contract we get w/ no stock options. And give his millions back to the auto workers that make his company profitable.

I think Mark Fields should do this too. It would send a positive message to the people that build this company and make it profitable which are the workers. We have given up enough, it's time for them to give things up for a while.

How many times do you need to post this crap idiot? I've seen some of the work tier 2 workers do, with high turnover like you wish the company had the quality would be horrible which would result in a lot less sales. Tell me again how this would be profitable???

• Like 1

The better part of a billion dollars in givebacks had NOTHING to do with that?

Hey plow boy I have an itch in my ass will you suck mine too?! :hyper:

Hey plow boy I have an itch in my ass will you suck mine too?! :hyper:

Hard Driver,

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post when I mentioned "useless appointees and fat slobs with clipboards," but it appears I've touched a nerve here. I now realize that was a bit harsh for some people to comprehend what I was actually referring to, and I apologize for that.

However, it's a known fact the locals spend 99% of their time on less than 10% of the workforce, trying to protect people who either can't do or don't want to do their jobs.

Just trying to understand what your response meant. You're not one of those fat slobs with a clipboard, are you? You don't have to be a fat slob to be useless.

Sincerely,

Plow Boy

• Like 2

Take Alan's $26M in salary and divide it up between the 42,000 UAW Ford workers and everyone gets $619. Life changing, isn't it? Ready to run out and retire now? He's making Arod money. Big deal.

2011Camaro, I mean Chucky, get out of the employee forum you d-bag.

Nice of you to leave out all his bonuses! Management counts are bonus, profit sharing is why we are making $2.00 more per hour than GM.

Nice of you to leave out all his bonuses! Management counts are bonus, profit sharing is why we are making $2.00 more per hour than GM.

OK, for solely your entertainment, let's quadruple his salary and divide it up among us. We'll even round the figure up to $2500 per employee, less your fed taxes of 25%, what island are you going to buy with your $1875?

Doesn't employee cost include everything we earn?

OK, for solely your entertainment, let's quadruple his salary and divide it up among us. We'll even round the figure up to $2500 per employee, less your fed taxes of 25%, what island are you going to buy with your $1875?

Doesn't employee cost include everything we earn?

Besides if you want to get into numbers, I love numbers!!! In 2009 Toyotas CEO made $903,000, Mulally made $17,900,000, probably further divided now. It's one Ford they claim, so should Ford employees make 20 times what a production Toyata worker makes? That would definately be "life changing"!!! That would be what about a $1000 per hour.

Besides if you want to get into numbers, I love numbers!!! In 2009 Toyotas CEO made $903,000, Mulally made $17,900,000, probably further divided now. It's one Ford they claim, so should Ford employees make 20 times what a production Toyata worker makes? That would definately be "life changing"!!! That would be what about a $1000 per hour.

I could care less what a Toyota CEO makes. I would hope that in AMERICA we can do better than them.

If you want to make what Alan does, go be a CEO.

If you "loved" numbers as much as you say you do, you would be better at math. 20 times what a Japanese autoworker makes ($25-$30 per hour) is $500-$600 per hour, not $1000. :banghead:

Edited by Twincam Harley
  • Like 1

I could care less what a Toyota CEO makes. I would hope that in AMERICA we can do better than them.

If you want to make what Alan does, go be a CEO.

If you "loved" numbers as much as you say you do, you would be better at math. 20 times what a Japanese autoworker makes ($25-$30 per hour) is $500-$600 per hour, not $1000. :banghead:

Are you that stupid, they have mettings every year showing that we make $58 per hour, GM at $56, Toyota at $50. So $50 x 20= come on, I know you can do it!!!

And I don't know if you seen the title of this thread-Alan Mulally's pay vs. Honda, Toyota, Nissan CEO pay. :slap:

Are you that stupid, they have mettings every year showing that we make $58 per hour, GM at $56, Toyota at $50. So $50 x 20= come on, I know you can do it!!!

And I don't know if you seen the title of this thread-Alan Mulally's pay vs. Honda, Toyota, Nissan CEO pay. :slap:

Pardon my intrusion.

We have NEVER "made" $50/hr. The company makes a point to tell the public that our employment "costs" equivalent to "58/hr" to use your number. What I "make" vs. what I "cost the company" or earn in indirect compensation, explains the difference you seem to be overlooking.

And in that case, since we are referring to "make" and I have heard essentially that "transplant" workers make less than we do, then $25/hr. would be accurate in this case.

Now, when we cite all-in costs, such as health, legal services, pensions,.....we can discuss THAT relative to what we "cost".

Pardon my intrusion.

We have NEVER "made" $50/hr. The company makes a point to tell the public that our employment "costs" equivalent to "58/hr" to use your number. What I "make" vs. what I "cost the company" or earn in indirect compensation, explains the difference you seem to be overlooking.

And in that case, since we are referring to "make" and I have heard essentially that "transplant" workers make less than we do, then $25/hr. would be accurate in this case.

Now, when we cite all-in costs, such as health, legal services, pensions,.....we can discuss THAT relative to what we "cost".

No problem, there was a point made earlier in this thread that insinuated that we were talking about total cost. He even replied "Doesn't employee cost include everything we earn?"

Personally I am not a transplant worker so that would make my cost $58 according to Ford and a non-transplant at Toyota $50 according to Ford which is what I am going off of.

No problem, there was a point made earlier in this thread that insinuated that we were talking about total cost. He even replied "Doesn't employee cost include everything we earn?"

Personally I am not a transplant worker so that would make my cost $58 according to Ford and a non-transplant at Toyota $50 according to Ford which is what I am going off of.

I came late to the game, but stipulating the all-in costs may have avoided this confusion.

We know what our hourly rate is but work the math however you want to make yourself feel good. It must make you feel good bitching about the salaries of the CEO's too. You can't do anything about it and nothing will change. Have fun with your pity party though.

We know what our hourly rate is but work the math however you want to make yourself feel good. It must make you feel good bitching about the salaries of the CEO's too. You can't do anything about it and nothing will change. Have fun with your pity party though.

Cool, thanks I will! I still have no idea why you even posted on the topic if you don't care about it, but whatever.