3.31:1 vs 3.73:1

debodav

• 2 weeks later...

The only rear axle available on the GT Convertible (6-Speed Manual) is the 3.31 ratio. The 3.55 and 3.73 ratios are optional on the GT Coupe's only!

how about adding your own?

i've got a friend, taking delivery of a premium v6 convertible soon, and he's looking to install 3.73's. physically, i can easily do this for him, as i've set up dozens of rears, from 650hp dragsters on down to 150hp grocery getters.

how will i correct for the speed reading? is it still a simple change of drive/driven gears on the tranny, or does it now get done in the ecm?

thanks!!

john

how about adding your own?

i've got a friend, taking delivery of a premium v6 convertible soon, and he's looking to install 3.73's. physically, i can easily do this for him, as i've set up dozens of rears, from 650hp dragsters on down to 150hp grocery getters.

how will i correct for the speed reading? is it still a simple change of drive/driven gears on the tranny, or does it now get done in the ecm?

thanks!!

john

It's done with the abs wheel speed sensors now I believe - no more cables/gears from the tranny.

• 2 years later...