The truth about the UAW Ford grievence

hunnyboy69

I am trying to understand the premise of the original writer. I did not see any information the writer claims is public. Has anyone seen this information? My chairman did tell me about the Equity of Sacrifice update and I saw a letter from the International that there will be an Arbitration hearing. My understanding is that there is no deal and this will be decided in Arbitration.

• Like 2

I am trying to understand the premise of the original writer. I did not see any information the writer claims is public. Has anyone seen this information? My chairman did tell me about the Equity of Sacrifice update and I saw a letter from the International that there will be an Arbitration hearing. My understanding is that there is no deal and this will be decided in Arbitration.

You can't have a reasonable discussion with someone who has lost many brain cells either to crack or some other addiction. Maybe he was born with less of intelligence than other people and wears velcro shoes and has somebody dress him. But, whatever hunnybunnys mental issues and fantasies are, he/she shouldn't be playing them out here.

• Like 2

I am also sure they never were....not to the point of betting my life.... but quite sure...why would Ford or the UAW think we had any claim to Ford Credits profits?

Ford credit was included as profit sharing from the inception of profit sharing for hourly until the 2007 contract.

• Like 1

Ford credit was included as profit sharing from the inception of profit sharing for hourly until the 2007 contract.

That is not the way I remember it....I can't find the 2003 or earlier contract....I didn't think I would ever need them after I retired...lol..If you could come up with the language that includes ford credit...I would love to see it

Edited by longball

We never got raises of 3% every year so the math is wrong there. At best we got two raises in a 4 year contract and lately I don't think it was that. We were getting more performance bonuses that were 3% of our pay versus a 3% raise. I don't know why you are factoring in 8 years without a raise either. The modifications had nothing to do with all those years previous. The poster said we had lost $60K since 2009 and I said show me.

How could FMCC profits equated to $7000 in profit share? They made $2 billion last year. That equates to $7000 in profit sharing? Really? Someone explain that.

I'm not saying we haven't lost money because clearly that was what the modifications were about, lowering the cost of our labor to 1) bring our pay closer in line with the competition (supposedly) and 2) help Ford save money to avoid bankruptcy. I don't see my W2 saying I've lost the kind of money people want me to believe I have.

Contract October 1999, 3 percent base wage increase in each of the four years. Up-front 1,350.00 lump sum payment

Contract September 2003, 2 percent base wage increase in 2005, 3 percent base wage increase 2006. 3,000.00 settlement bonus, in 2005 our COLA was at 2.05

Contract November 2007, two 3 percent lump sum due 2008 and 2010,and one 4 percent lump sum due 2009, 3,000.00 signing bonus

Contract Modifications to 2007, The parties agree to suspend lump sum bonuses in 2009/2010

Last 3 percent base wage increase 2006

• Like 1

Contract October 1999, 3 percent base wage increase in each of the four years. Up-front 1,350.00 lump sum payment

Contract September 2003, 2 percent base wage increase in 2005, 3 percent base wage increase 2006. 3,000.00 settlement bonus, in 2005 our COLA was at 2.05

Contract November 2007, two 3 percent lump sum due 2008 and 2010,and one 4 percent lump sum due 2009, 3,000.00 signing bonus

Contract Modifications to 2007, The parties agree to suspend lump sum bonuses in 2009/2010

BAM!

• Like 1

That is not the way I remember it....I can't find the 2003 or earlier contract....I didn't think I would ever need them after I retired...lol..If you could come up with the language that includes ford credit...I would love to see it

Ford Credit was removed in the 2007 agreement.

We have all lost a huge amount of money due to our part in keeping the company afloat. No more than our trades have lost, there are over 500 that are displaced who lost around $5 per hour. Not sure about you, but if I lost $5 an hour I would be back home living with my parents. Pretty good with my money but that is a lot of dough!!!

The UAW is going to force Ford into giving us our $$ back, just how we are going to get it is key.

As far as the grievance goes, what kind of person would give people false info that they are getting huge sums of money?? Some of our members live week to week, especially since the reduction of volumes in the auto industry. For someone to give someone false hope needs to be cained. I hope our brothers and sisters did not over extend themselves waiting on some BS rumor that some jack weed made up!!

Hang on trades/production we will get some of our $$ back.

I say "Take them on or take them out"!!

Edited by Captain723
  • Like 1

Not entirely true, you forgot that in 2005 the first VEBA was started and our 2006 3% wage increase was instead rolled into that to fund the first VEBA which was used later in the 2007 contract for the original funding for VEBA. Ya we started VEBA before GM and Chrysler did(2007 contract), remember we went through our hard times before them.

So technically our last pay increase would have been Sep. 19,2005 according to the 2003 CBA Article 9 section 2, our last wage increase would have been in Sep. 2006 but that was diverted to start funding for VEBA.

Ok, let’s figure this out.

1. We lost wage increases

2. We lost performance bonus’s

3. We lost X-Mas bonus’s

4. We lost 10 minutes of break time

5. We lost ETAP for us, then they returned it but not for our kids

6. We lost a large part of profit sharing (Ford Motor Credit)

7. We lost COLA increases (yes its correct, increases)

8. We lost overtime after 8 hours

9. Gave back the Monday Holiday after Easter

I’m sure I have missed a few things but let’s view these monitory net losses as they are. First off, we can’t count the overtime after 8 as a loss before it is a loss. So, unless you’re working short work weeks, then it becomes a larger formula that’s nearly impossible to calculate. So rule out number 8, just so we can simplify the formula. Let’s rule out number 4 because we are still being paid, I know we aren’t sitting down taking our deserved breaks from the line, but you still can’t calculate that as a loss in pay.

So the let’s look at the rest.

1. Wage increases where 3%, so if you go back 8 years and do the math. Average wages were $25.78. Currently our average is $28.38. So if you take the 3% per year and do the math, we end up with:

Year 1 = $26.25 or $50,976 annually

Year 2 = $27.35 or $52,512 annually

Year 3 = $28.17 or $54,028 annually

Year 4 = $29.05 or $55,776 annually

Year 5 = $29.92 or $57,446 annually

Year 6 = $30.81 or $59,155 annually

Year 7 = $31.73 or $60,921 annually

Year 8 = $32.68 or $62,745 annually

Currently Ford UAW auto workers earn $54,028 annually (or same as year 3) that puts us at a loss (without including overtime) $8,727 you then take item number 3 (xmass bonus) and add it 600 and you have $9,327. Now take item 2 (use year 8 for formula) and you have $2,091 this puts us at $11,418. Now our formula gets tricky. We must put the Ford Motor Credit back into profit sharing. Many have said that it would have earned us nearly 7k more just last year. So let’s use a rounder figure and put it at 6k that puts our figure at $17,418. If you then take the average COLA increases over the past 62 years (its inception was in 1949) we have rolled into our wages nearly $14 dollars. So on average COLA was right around $1.21, so let’s just round it off at $1, that’s $1,920 annually.

We are now at $19,400 annually per worker. That’s $795,400,000 in savings to Ford Motor Company alone. Now take your VEBA that on average saved nearly 30B (all 3 included) and that doesn’t include the 2nd largest savings we agreed to, that being the Holiday we gave back. All plants were shut down on this day, we stayed home and received pay. This single act alone was a huge cost savings to all 3. Think about it, take each plants cost to run loss because they not only are they paying us while off, they are not running.

So in all, I think we have done our share. We deserve to be compensated for our actions, the single largest act of personal loss ever taken by any group of workers, in order to save Ford Motor Company.

Bottom line, we lost nearly $20K annually. We produce the finest automotive products anywhere, and we make more than we ever have with 20% of the membership. Our CEO’s make more than they ever imagine. Has anyone ever wondered where all those savings went? We were nearly 1.5 million strong at one time, and in no way shape or form did anyone ever imagine producing 650 + car/trucks in a single shift.

How many billionaires do we have to produce before us as workers (we are the people that make them their money) start gaining back what we so deserve. How long are we going to listen to “we need to be competitive” so it’s up to you workers to cut more? You’re making billions each quarter, so enough with the “we are not competitive” horse shit slogan.

If my math is off, I apologize. I believe that I’m pretty close. Help me out if I’m not.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping and DTP Body

Vice President and Bargaining Committee

Very good imagination. Sorry it's not true. Where is your information besides the BS you are peddling? My chairman showed me a recent letter (July 2011) that the grievances are going to an Arbitrator. Nothing has been settled. I thought we got rid of crack in the plants. I guess not all of it.

post-45381-0-47530300-1314136249_thumb.jpg

Edited by hunnyboy69

Very good imagination. Sorry it's not true. Where is your information besides the BS you are peddling? My chairman showed me a recent letter (July 2011) that the grievances are going to an Arbitrator. Nothing has been settled. I thought we got rid of crack in the plants. I guess not all of it.

The attachment is the actual email from Mr Settles, notice the circled part, your chairmen, did indeed, omit that info. Is this the email you are talking about? I guarantee you didn't get to see the circled part

Hunny bunny don't have jack or he would post it. It isn't even good BS. Man, what a loser!

Look at page 4 for the posts. As for the posts everyone is asking for, due to my job being on the line, it has to wait. And no, none of you know who I am. The truth needs to be known. As for the name calling, whatever. The previous posts, about lost wages, have been correct.

The attachment is the actual email from Mr Settles, notice the circled part, your chairmen, did indeed, omit that info. Is this the email you are talking about? I guarantee you didn't get to see the circled part

LOL, what a moron!!! Any idiot with a computer can add to an emailed letter. Yes, that is excellent proof, NOT! A UAW VP with mispelled words. Hilarious, you have to be the biggest loser on this site because you prove it each day. Can't wait for our next lie--I am sure it will be as bad as this one. Hilarious!! You know the UN helicopters can still detect you with your aluminum tin foil hat on.

Look at page 4 for the posts. As for the posts everyone is asking for, due to my job being on the line, it has to wait. And no, none of you know who I am. The truth needs to be known. As for the name calling, whatever. The previous posts, about lost wages, have been correct.

Oh, stop it. I am laughing so hard my gut hurts!!! This is truly one of the most idiotic things I've seen. A letter from the UAW VP that doesn't have UAW on it, isn't a letter at all. Wow, this is one of the most unofficial pieces of crap I've seen. Hilarious!! I have to print this out and show it to my co-workers. They will laugh their asses off!!! Thanks hunnyboy, too funny. Don't know why you think you have credibility, but you could become a comedian but you'd have to have your momma drive to the club. Oh man, too much, I am busting a gut here.