600 ought to be ashamed

ypsirat

How pathetic is a local union that has to resort to putting false information out to the skilled tradesmen working production? Here is how the letter read:

Attention all Trades reduced to production @ DTP

If you are interested in returning to your trade please contact:

Rocky Di Iacovo - 313-248-5716

or diiacov@ford.com

Mike Geiger - 313-392-7042

No action is necessary if you wish to continue working as production.

If we haven't endured enough (laid off, wage decrease, and stripped of our seniority ). Our beloved local 600 leaders passed this out to us and told us this was legit and we need to contact these people to ensure that in fact we wanted to return to trades (are you f##@King kidding me). Now we get this piece of paper and wonder how we are gonna get bent over next. After many of us contacted the numbers listed and left messages we started getting call backs from the IUAW. They new nothing about it and further stated that this was the leadership at DTP's doing because of a spat they had in Chicago. We would love to here from the coward that made this flyer. It is obvious that he (probably Walkowitiz) don't have enough balls to fight his own battles so he is trying to drag everybody he can in with him.

• Like 3

How pathetic is a local union that has to resort to putting false information out to the skilled tradesmen working production? Here is how the letter read:

Attention all Trades reduced to production @ DTP

If you are interested in returning to your trade please contact:

Rocky Di Iacovo - 313-248-5716

or diiacov@ford.com

Mike Geiger - 313-392-7042

No action is necessary if you wish to continue working as production.

If we haven't endured enough (laid off, wage decrease, and stripped of our seniority ). Our beloved local 600 leaders passed this out to us and told us this was legit and we need to contact these people to ensure that in fact we wanted to return to trades (are you f##@King kidding me). Now we get this piece of paper and wonder how we are gonna get bent over next. After many of us contacted the numbers listed and left messages we started getting call backs from the IUAW. They new nothing about it and further stated that this was the leadership at DTP's doing because of a spat they had in Chicago. We would love to here from the coward that made this flyer. It is obvious that he (probably Walkowitiz) don't have enough balls to fight his own battles so he is trying to drag everybody he can in with him.

That is terrible for the DTP Unit to play with these trades like that. These guys are looking forward to someday get back to their tools and earn their skilled trades rate of pay.

How devastating to play with these trades life like this!!!!

Anyone know who it was specifically??

Nothing like this was posted in the Body shop so it leads me to believe it was some underhanded crap in DTP Final and Paint

Edited by Skilled1
  • Like 4

That posting was down right cruel. Who would do such a thing with so many trades praying everyday to return to there trade?

This is not the time for playing games, posting rumors, starting rumors and just agitating our well being.

Who ever posted this should make it right and post an apology as well as a reason why they would do such a hateful action

• Like 4

Ypsirat, I totally agree with you brother. I can’t understand why anyone would do that, Lord knows you trades have endured enough, and now false profits.

I’m a representative of the production members in Dearborn Stamping and DTP Body. Since there are so many different buildings, with different committees, could you please be clearer (if possible) with what committee and building you’re referring to.

Thanks Brother

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping and DTP Body

Vice President and Bargaining Committee

• Like 1

Ypsirat, I totally agree with you brother. I can’t understand why anyone would do that, Lord knows you trades have endured enough, and now false profits.

I’m a representative of the production members in Dearborn Stamping and DTP Body. Since there are so many different buildings, with different committees, could you please be clearer (if possible) with what committee and building you’re referring to.

Thanks Brother

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

It was posted in DTP final building by the cafeteria.

• Like 1

Ypsirat, thanks for the info.

I’ll make sure that it’s not up in the DTP Body and Stamping buildings. I heard from one of our District Reps that he also got this info in his email from someone. I’m wondering how many other reps at Dearborn received it.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

• Like 1

Ypsirat, thanks for the info.

I’ll make sure that it’s not up in the DTP Body and Stamping buildings. I heard from one of our District Reps that he also got this info in his email from someone. I’m wondering how many other reps at Dearborn received it.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

From what I understand is the only people that received it was reps. at DTP final. Which tells us they were behind it because no one wants to tell us who sent it to them. Our rep came around after we found out it was bogus(also the one that said it was legit) and stated he was only doing what he was told. I am sorry but if you are a elected rep. don't you work for the membership and their best interest? Looks to me like we elected a bunch of puppets just waiting to have their string pulled by the master. By the way Jeff , if you can get to the bottom of it we at final would be thankful. We know we will never here the truth from final leadership.

• Like 2

From what I understand is the only people that received it was reps. at DTP final. Which tells us they were behind it because no one wants to tell us who sent it to them. Our rep came around after we found out it was bogus(also the one that said it was legit) and stated he was only doing what he was told. I am sorry but if you are a elected rep. don't you work for the membership and their best interest? Looks to me like we elected a bunch of puppets just waiting to have their string pulled by the master. By the way Jeff , if you can get to the bottom of it we at final would be thankful. We know we will never here the truth from final leadership.

Not sure but those of us who had the displeasure of working at this hole, due to being laid-off or forced over, should look at the local agreement. This committee, driven by Nick, who swings like tarzan from snoopy, should focus a little more on the local agreement and getting something a little more than 30 pages to better represent us. I have been to Sterling, DTP and Saline and this plant that has more members than the other 2 combined, yet has a less of a local agreement than a parts plant. Good work team, how about work more at getting us an agreement than telling everyone to vote NO on something that is not even negotiated yet.

Has our local negotiations even opened yet?? my guess is probably not, locally, they give the company whatever they want. These knuckleheads to get off their asses and worry about getting us an agreement.

I heard that the Marty Malloy (company) was in Chicago with a group of engineers that were brought in to go over the quality issues with the new Sync. Marty fielded questions from the entire leadership at the end...... over equity of sacrafice, $$ and any other item our leadership wanted to talk about. Gues what our 2 knuckleheads leaders did........sat on their hands and never said a word. Nice, sit back and tell our members how bad the company has treated us and not have the balls to stand up to them and tell them what is on the members minds. Nice job snoopy and tarzan!! Way to tell the company how you really feel.

They were probably first in line at the local to shake Alans hand for taking all of our money in bonuses and stock options.

• Like 3

Not sure but those of us who had the displeasure of working at this hole, due to being laid-off or forced over, should look at the local agreement. This committee, driven by Nick, who swings like tarzan from snoopy, should focus a little more on the local agreement and getting something a little more than 30 pages to better represent us. I have been to Sterling, DTP and Saline and this plant that has more members than the other 2 combined, yet has a less of a local agreement than a parts plant. Good work team, how about work more at getting us an agreement than telling everyone to vote NO on something that is not even negotiated yet.

Has our local negotiations even opened yet?? my guess is probably not, locally, they give the company whatever they want. These knuckleheads to get off their asses and worry about getting us an agreement.

I heard that the Marty Malloy (company) was in Chicago with a group of engineers that were brought in to go over the quality issues with the new Sync. Marty fielded questions from the entire leadership at the end...... over equity of sacrafice, $$ and any other item our leadership wanted to talk about. Gues what our 2 knuckleheads leaders did........sat on their hands and never said a word. Nice, sit back and tell our members how bad the company has treated us and not have the balls to stand up to them and tell them what is on the members minds. Nice job snoopy and tarzan!! Way to tell the company how you really feel.

They were probably first in line at the local to shake Alans hand for taking all of our money in bonuses and stock options.

They cant negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag. The 30 page agreement is an embarrassment. That's why we voted Gary out the first time because he was in over his head as Chairman and did not have the ability to make rational decisions to our benefits.

As for this meeting where they sat on their hands is typical. They never have resolve to any problem and for that reason DTP is a hell hole. They finger point and lay blame everywhere all the while creating a bad environment for the rest of us. I feel sorry for the rest of the committee that have to take direction from these two clowns.

I will ask one of the committeemen today who sent the email or gave direction to post this awful letter and cause animosity among the already upset trades.

Really consistent with how these two operate on a daily basis anyways, so it doesn't surprise me

• Like 2

Not sure but those of us who had the displeasure of working at this hole, due to being laid-off or forced over, should look at the local agreement.

They thought so highly of at least one that bargained the current contract (2007) that he was pulled up to IUAW, let me guess that was Nicks fault too ?

Missed you Captain, been what since october 2009 ?

Edited by lquidspine
  • Like 1

They thought so highly of at least one that bargained the current contract (2007) that he was pulled up to IUAW, let me guess that was Nicks fault too ?

Missed you Captain, been what since october 2009 ?

Whats up spineless, no I think it was more like 2010 when I vowed not to return, but just like the movie....return of the Jedi, i'm back!!!

As far as they thought highly???? Who are they??? We have no say so who gets pulled up....WTFE...."Smooth" going on staff don't mean that everyone liked him and sure doesn't reflect on whether this 30 page agreement is good! Nick needs to stop being tarzan and band wagon jumping and get us a good local agreement. For those of us who had the pleasure of working at other facilities...this agreement is bad.....I haven't seen either of these 2 in the past 3 weeks...odd for Gary, but not odd for Nick!! They must be plotting or scheming on who to point the finger on this trades letter these 2 masterminds put out!

Nice to be back spineless! Got a new addition to the family so I been extremely busy with that. I do however love negotiating season and listening to all the BS!! Nice!! I had to get rid of my dial-up also....damn high speed is expensive!! Had to get because wife lost her job and needs to be looking for new work and doing unemployment on dial-up is horrible!!

• Like 2

Whats up spineless, no I think it was more like 2010 when I vowed not to return, but just like the movie....return of the Jedi, i'm back!!!

As far as they thought highly???? Who are they??? We have no say so who gets pulled up....WTFE...."Smooth" going on staff don't mean that everyone liked him and sure doesn't reflect on whether this 30 page agreement is good! Nick needs to stop being tarzan and band wagon jumping and get us a good local agreement. For those of us who had the pleasure of working at other facilities...this agreement is bad.....I haven't seen either of these 2 in the past 3 weeks...odd for Gary, but not odd for Nick!! They must be plotting or scheming on who to point the finger on this trades letter these 2 masterminds put out!

Nice to be back spineless! Got a new addition to the family so I been extremely busy with that. I do however love negotiating season and listening to all the BS!! Nice!! I had to get rid of my dial-up also....damn high speed is expensive!! Had to get because wife lost her job and needs to be looking for new work and doing unemployment on dial-up is horrible!!

Hey Cap! How's it going?

Lol same ole Capt, welcome back.

Gratz on the new addition to the family and sorry to hear about some of the issues you have endured. I was simply making the point that Nick had nothing to do with the 2007 agreement, and from what ive seen so far you will be displeased with what has been submited at DTP.

Will be fun in the coming month or so all the same, will Level be rejoining us ?

• Like 1

Lol same ole Capt, welcome back.

Gratz on the new addition to the family and sorry to hear about some of the issues you have endured. I was simply making the point that Nick had nothing to do with the 2007 agreement, and from what ive seen so far you will be displeased with what has been submited at DTP.

Will be fun in the coming month or so all the same, will Level be rejoining us ?

Not sure about Level, I think he was transfered and I haven't talk with him in a while.

Thinking about signing KTP/LAP next time around...trying to dump my house!! Had to talk wifey into it, decision is pretty easy now that she is laid off!!

This local agreement has to be the worst in the system and to see Tarzan walking around swinging from tree to tree makes me so fricken sick to my stomach....wish I was here for elections! Thought something might pan out at Saline so I wanted to hang around. I hate people that ask you what your opinion is and then say the same thing you did and try and make it sound like his idea! He has got to be the weakest chairman in the system! I hope instead of bashing the national agreement that he seeks to get them down and help with our local negotiations!!

They cant negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag. The 30 page agreement is an embarrassment. That's why we voted Gary out the first time because he was in over his head as Chairman and did not have the ability to make rational decisions to our benefits.

As for this meeting where they sat on their hands is typical. They never have resolve to any problem and for that reason DTP is a hell hole. They finger point and lay blame everywhere all the while creating a bad environment for the rest of us. I feel sorry for the rest of the committee that have to take direction from these two clowns.

I will ask one of the committeemen today who sent the email or gave direction to post this awful letter and cause animosity among the already upset trades.

Really consistent with how these two operate on a daily basis anyways, so it doesn't surprise me

Damage control??

Which one was it that made and gave orders to post it

• Like 1

Hey Chuck,

Can you use your excellent investigative skills and find out who posted that skilled trades letter over in final?

A bunch of the skilled working in production are pissed and want to know who did it, Thaks

Oh no......... Now you did it!!!!

You summoned the "Chuck"