Announcement

Skilled1

1) When will we here an announcement from Ford?

2) GM?

3) Chrysler?

I saw a FreeP article posted elsewhere that made some sense. GM and Chrysler will settle soon, possibly concurrently. Since they are both subject to similar limitations.

Ford is likely going to wait and see where those 2 are and modify the pattern to meet the unique negotiations Ford will require. With modest profits and on the road to further profitability as the economy improves, negotiators would likely be more demanding for reinstatement of some prior concessions and enhanced signing bonus in lieu of wage increases. As far as new hires, I don't recall the authors comments though I am conflicted on whether bringing new hires up to full rate in time is worth conceding personal gains in the near term. The cold bitter truth is new hires, at the rate currently offered, may actually cost the company near term if turnover becomes a problem. Part of the justification for the rate of pay we receive is contributable to the severe demands on body and mind in the plants. New hires confronted with this environment AND subject to repeated lay-offs, as the lowest seniority in the plant, are more likely to walk away than depend on the low wages, scarce benefits and iffy job security.

There is some speculation that Ford is extended due to the fact that the Equality of Sacrifice grievance has gone to the arbitrator. He gets the case this week and and I believe he has about 2 weeks to make his ruling. The speculation is that he will find in favor of the UAW and that the monetary award will be lumped in with the signing bonus. This will make people believe that they really got something. So say that the arbitrator ruled that the rank and file were due $5,000.00 and the signing bonus was $3-5,000.00, people would see and think that they were getting $8-10,000.00. Both parties, I believe, are counting heavily on the fact that most of the rank and file will look only at the up front money and not too closely at the details of the package. As I said, this is merely speculation. I didn't come up with these figures but I do say that they will try to play smoke and mirrors with the whole deal. It is very important that people get as much information as they can prior to the vote, whenever it comes, and make an informed decision. You wouldn't want any nasty little surprises after the fact.

• Like 1

There is some speculation that Ford is extended due to the fact that the Equality of Sacrifice grievance has gone to the arbitrator. He gets the case this week and and I believe he has about 2 weeks to make his ruling. The speculation is that he will find in favor of the UAW and that the monetary award will be lumped in with the signing bonus. This will make people believe that they really got something. So say that the arbitrator ruled that the rank and file were due $5,000.00 and the signing bonus was $3-5,000.00, people would see and think that they were getting $8-10,000.00. Both parties, I believe, are counting heavily on the fact that most of the rank and file will look only at the up front money and not too closely at the details of the package. As I said, this is merely speculation. I didn't come up with these figures but I do say that they will try to play smoke and mirrors with the whole deal. It is very important that people get as much information as they can prior to the vote, whenever it comes, and make an informed decision. You wouldn't want any nasty little surprises after the fact.

If it's "speculation", why are you putting this bullshit here? Nothing like starting an unfounded rumor to stir the members up. Did you get something from your Chairman on this? If not, cut the crap!

• Like 7

The hearing this week is scheduled for 2 days. Most likely testimony will be scheduled into October. Once both sides agree that all testimony and witnesses have been discussed both parties have 30 days to submit written closing arguments. After that 30 day period the Arbitrator has 30 to 90 days to render a decision.

Please stop the sensationalism and rumors

Does anyone else have so called "inside information" that I can bring truthfulness upon??

Any one???

• Like 8

The hearing this week is scheduled for 2 days. Most likely testimony will be scheduled into October. Once both sides agree that all testimony and witnesses have been discussed both parties have 30 days to submit written closing arguments. After that 30 day period the Arbitrator has 30 to 90 days to render a decision.

Does anyone else have so called "inside information" that I can bring truthfulness upon??

Any one???

DTP chairman said the grievance will be settled for $3000, maybe a little less. IUAW aleady knows and just not announcing it yet.

Edited by fordtpworker1993

No f--king shit, I didnt know you needed your dad to explain it.

Eloquently put, but idiotic. I AM THE ONE THAT MAKE THE ORIGINAL COMMENT, latecomer! You walked into and stuck your nose in a comment intended and directed to ljcdad. You found it necessary to "No f--king sh*t" when you found yourself out of your depth?

PS, if you are going to "f--ck"ed that word, shouldn't you have "sh-t"ed that one too?

Have a nice day. Please insert $.50 cents to play again.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 1

Eloquently put, but idiotic. I AM THE ONE THAT MAKE THE ORIGINAL COMMENT, latecomer! You walked into and stuck your nose in a comment intended and directed to ljcdad. You found it necessary to "No f--king sh*t" when you found yourself out of your depth?

PS, if you are going to "f--ck"ed that word, shouldn't you have "sh-t"ed that one too?

Have a nice day. Please insert $.50 cents to play again.

F word tends to offend more than the other ones so I dash it out......so have a nice big cup of shut the f--k up

Any one???

Are you IUAW? How long have you known about this inside information? We have the right to know what's going on and as long as you keep it a secret from us, we are going to talk about rumors we heard, speculations and give our opinions.

• Like 3

I simply hold my Chairman and local President to get me answers to my questions. I have no problem picking up the phone and calling the Region or international if my Chairman or President are unable to get me answers. I follow the protocol of giving them the opportunity to get me the information first. My Local President understands the arbitration process and said the testimony with all witnesses including cross examination in large cases like this one quite possibly could be over several days or even weeks. The sample I gave was a lengthy possibility.

To listen to people who claim they know the cleaner and "over heard" conversations or know "things were settled" are just spreading lies.

I ask educated questions and get educated answers.

I dont buy into "I heard" or "I have a source"

Just tryin to help with the right info

• Like 8