Good Work Bob King!

Die Wahrheit

Where did you get this information dillhole? Just trying to stir the pot, I see. My chairman and UAW VP Jimmy Settles have told us more than once that the Equality of Sacrifice grievance is going to an arbitrator. Stop spreading the bullshit.

And they also told us they wouldn't even begin to negotiate the new contract till the grievance was settle either and we see how that worked out.

• Like 3

The reason Wixom lost the Fusion in 2006 is because of our $72 per hour labor rates. It was then the IUAW understood this trend would continue plant by plant as new products come out they would slowly place them in lower cost countries like Mexico and Canada.

In 2007 the IUAW negotiated a concessionary agreement that kept our rates of pay good benefits and pension. The IUAW were on the path to insuring the “Fusion Episode” would never happen again because of our labor cost. In exchange for lowering our labor costs The IUAW gained billions of dollars in product, jobs and commitments as we are seeing today with all of this investment and job postings in CAP, CSP, LAP, KTP. KAP, DTP, MAP etc.

The IUAW stopped the loss of union membership and actually started adding new workers as designed. Because of this success we have good job security but the job security insurance is never done. The IUAW must remain vigilant and continue to bargain more and more products in our plants, yet keeping us in the realm of consistently winning product.

I can hope the report of 10,000 jobs is true. This would be consistent with the IUAW vision of keeping our work in UAW plants.

If anyone is foolish enough to listen to “gary” then all of the above would be unattainable

Simply enough “gary” wants to get our labor rates back up to $72 per hour and then we would experience the “Wixom Episode” to play out in every UAW location.

If these 10,000 jobs report is true and I hope it is, then the IUAW has successfully insured our futures of job security.

No thanks gary. I will make my decisions on the educated, committed, farsighted IUAW path to success

Good description

I know the 2007 agreement was concessionary but they did make tough decisions and though unpopular at the time we are now much, much better off because of the UAWs vision.

We should expect more product commitments in this agreement though I think the 10,000 jobs is a little high but what the heck go for it........

• Like 2

Latest email update from last night

}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Negotiations Update – September 28, 2011

This evening, I am pleased to announce that at yesterday’s main table, President King and Vice President Settles met with the company for several hours discussing our economic agenda. While there was no language exchanged yesterday, the conversations were productive and Vice President Settles indicated that he expected to begin exchanging contractual language today.

There have been speculative reports in the media that a deal is expected to be reached by Thursday. There have also been numbers tossed around with regards to compensation and job security. In both instances, they are just that; speculative.

Our communication has been directly with the membership. We have not engaged with the media, and we have no intention of doing so. The reason we created this channel of communication is so you could hear directly from the UAW Ford Department on the facts regarding negotiations, and not have to rely on media reports based on unfounded information.

Thus far, the response from our communication efforts has been very positive. Even though the majority of our News Wires have made their way to the media, we feel comfortable that you know, since it is coming directly from our Department, that it is factual information.

In Solidarity,

Tony Vultaggio

President UAW Local 228

Sub-council 5

Here is the # to program in your phone 1-800-444-6372 for updates after 8 PM every night .

Sounds like they may be going into the weekend.

• Like 1

Well, he is Republican because he is a greedy bastard that only cares about money because his plant has product. He doesn't represent the "working class" because his fucked up ideas would have laid off thousands more and closed more plants and probably would have made Ford Motor Company broke if implemented. Like a good Republican, Gary is already well off and can retire at any time. He is like one of those Tea Party idiots who have health care, pensions and are well off and just want more and don't care about the rest of society. So, you are missing a lot.

I am so sick of Gary and his complaining all the time. The dude is a broken record, like the worst record you ever heard and it keeps playing the same tired old song over and over again.

Edited by Sharp Shooter
  • Like 3

I am so sick of Gary and his complaining all the time. The dude is a broken record, like the worst record you ever heard and it keeps playing the same tired old song over and over again.

how many nicknames do you have on here? you're sounding like a broken record yourself.

The reason Wixom lost the Fusion in 2006 is because of our $72 per hour labor rates. It was then the IUAW understood this trend would continue plant by plant as new products come out they would slowly place them in lower cost countries like Mexico and Canada.

In 2007 the IUAW negotiated a concessionary agreement that kept our rates of pay good benefits and pension. The IUAW were on the path to insuring the “Fusion Episode” would never happen again because of our labor cost. In exchange for lowering our labor costs The IUAW gained billions of dollars in product, jobs and commitments as we are seeing today with all of this investment and job postings in CAP, CSP, LAP, KTP. KAP, DTP, MAP etc.

The IUAW stopped the loss of union membership and actually started adding new workers as designed. Because of this success we have good job security but the job security insurance is never done. The IUAW must remain vigilant and continue to bargain more and more products in our plants, yet keeping us in the realm of consistently winning product.

I can hope the report of 10,000 jobs is true. This would be consistent with the IUAW vision of keeping our work in UAW plants.

If anyone is foolish enough to listen to “gary” then all of the above would be unattainable

Simply enough “gary” wants to get our labor rates back up to $72 per hour and then we would experience the “Wixom Episode” to play out in every UAW location.

If these 10,000 jobs report is true and I hope it is, then the IUAW has successfully insured our futures of job security.

No thanks gary. I will make my decisions on the educated, committed, farsighted IUAW path to success

I hope we hear something soon on jobs coming to our plants. That would be great news.

• Like 2

Ididit2you, could you start being more “Unit” specific when you decide again to spit all over the Dearborn Union. There are more Units than just you’re Assembly Unit. Some of the Leadership at “Dearborn” truly cares about the lively hoods of their membership and we are trying our best at actually represent them to the best of our ability.

We as Union brothers and sisters have to keep our priorities in line. With the entire nation looking in on everything, we say and or do, we must preach the real meaning of the UAW. We have to show them that we are not a bunch of “me-me’s” and that we want work first and foremost, we want job security, and we want people without jobs to have a chance of getting a job and become a part of us.

My idea (for what it’s worth) of true Unionism is the pure want and need first and foremost to have jobs, job security, worker safety, work standards (long list there), better benefits (another long list) and then wages, and above all else, here in the good ole USA.

My Priority list:

1. Jobs (get our brothers & sisters back to work and trades back to their tools)

2. Job security

3. In sourced work

4. Benefits

5. Better working conditions (Standards & Safety)

6. Better pay (meaning whatever can be restored without the cost of losing jobs)

7. “VEBA” set up a system much like VCAP for helping the VEBA cost. Let us as workers opt to donate funding monthly to offset some of our Retiree increased cost.

My reasoning’s:

1. Without jobs, what does any of the rest matter?

2. Without retaining work, refer to 1

3. Bring back outsourced work or at least incorporate them into the UAW

4. Get our COLA increase freeze lifted

5. Our brothers and sisters are walking all day on hard wooden floors mounted to the cement and the company has bamboozled our IUAW into thinking its better then ERGO mats.

6. Restore what you can without it costing us more closed plants that will put more of our brothers and sisters on the street.

7. Why not let this be an option instead of making it a part of our profit sharing. Besides, profit sharing is, nor ever will be, a guaranteed source of income and our Retirees need a guaranteed source of help.

Right now is the time to do what’s best for the UAW as a whole. We need numbers this is a pure fact. With numbers we will gain as a Union in the contracts to come. We need our brothers and sisters in plants without future product to obtain just that, product.

It’s ok to stand for something, it’s ok to want things returned that were taken away, but we must stay focused on the larger picture “The true meaning of Union” and the real meaning of “Solidarity” and that my Union friends is the desire for your brothers and sisters to be gainfully employed first and foremost.

If you think I’m out of line, you have that right and you have a right to your own opinion.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body

Vice President & Bargaining Rep

• Like 1

Ididit2you, could you start being more "Unit" specific when you decide again to spit all over the Dearborn Union. There are more Units than just you're Assembly Unit. Some of the Leadership at "Dearborn" truly cares about the lively hoods of their membership and we are trying our best at actually represent them to the best of our ability.

We as Union brothers and sisters have to keep our priorities in line. With the entire nation looking in on everything, we say and or do, we must preach the real meaning of the UAW. We have to show them that we are not a bunch of "me-me's" and that we want work first and foremost, we want job security, and we want people without jobs to have a chance of getting a job and become a part of us.

My idea (for what it's worth) of true Unionism is the pure want and need first and foremost to have jobs, job security, worker safety, work standards (long list there), better benefits (another long list) and then wages, and above all else, here in the good ole USA.

My Priority list:

1. Jobs (get our brothers & sisters back to work and trades back to their tools)

2. Job security

3. In sourced work

4. Benefits

5. Better working conditions (Standards & Safety)

6. Better pay (meaning whatever can be restored without the cost of losing jobs)

7. "VEBA" set up a system much like VCAP for helping the VEBA cost. Let us as workers opt to donate funding monthly to offset some of our Retiree increased cost.

My reasoning's:

1. Without jobs, what does any of the rest matter?

2. Without retaining work, refer to 1

3. Bring back outsourced work or at least incorporate them into the UAW

4. Get our COLA increase freeze lifted

5. Our brothers and sisters are walking all day on hard wooden floors mounted to the cement and the company has bamboozled our IUAW into thinking its better then ERGO mats.

6. Restore what you can without it costing us more closed plants that will put more of our brothers and sisters on the street.

7. Why not let this be an option instead of making it a part of our profit sharing. Besides, profit sharing is, nor ever will be, a guaranteed source of income and our Retirees need a guaranteed source of help.

Right now is the time to do what's best for the UAW as a whole. We need numbers this is a pure fact. With numbers we will gain as a Union in the contracts to come. We need our brothers and sisters in plants without future product to obtain just that, product.

It's ok to stand for something, it's ok to want things returned that were taken away, but we must stay focused on the larger picture "The true meaning of Union" and the real meaning of "Solidarity" and that my Union friends is the desire for your brothers and sisters to be gainfully employed first and foremost.

If you think I'm out of line, you have that right and you have a right to your own opinion.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body

Vice President & Bargaining Rep

Jeff, I agree with all but number 2, I don't believe in the slogan Job Security that the company is using for this contract. I feel that all successful companies will invest in their own company and if the demand for more productions are needed than the jobs will be created. Thousand of people took buyouts, some due to the fear of Ford Titanic sinking many years ago and many are still on layoff, there's nothing secure about that!!!

Edited by FANTASTICFORD

From Detroit news.Have to talk my good job king back now.

The UAW said last week that Ford does not plan to bring all production of the Ford Fusion -- now produced in Hermosillo, Mexico -- to the U.S. Still, analysts have said Flat Rock would be well-suited for overflow production of the next-generation Fusion as industry sales increase over the next several years.

Ford CEO Alan Mulally last week in Bangkok, Thailand, repeated that the Dearborn automaker is planning to add 7,000 jobs by the end of 2012 in the U.S. The figure includes 750 salaried engineers, whom Ford has already hired.

But Ford's job commitments will depend on the U.S. economy's rebound and whether the UAW agrees to contract terms that allow the automaker to keep its labor costs competitive with Asian automakers

• Like 1