DAMN!

Die Wahrheit

For the first time in my life I can say I am proud of my union! Thank you guys for fighting on my behalf and all of my brothers and sisters>

How very "un"-original to proclaim this is the FIRST TIME you've been proud of your union.

NOTHING THEY HAVE DONE IN 70+ years is worthy of your respect? You are despicable!!!!!

FWIW, Just saw that someone hit me with a -1. I will wear that with pride and contempt for the rater.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 4

What the crap did we get back.We where told the givebacks would be until ford made money again.Of the jobs they are bringing in 7000 where already promised and the rest are low wage people.WOW and the low wage people get a raise,people who dont even work for ford yet get a raise we dont.NO for me.We lost even more with this crap.

For the first time in my life I can say I am proud of my union! Thank you guys for fighting on my behalf and all of my brothers and sisters>

I`m very proud of Jimmy and the whole bargaining team.

But, its far from my first time. (being glad to be union) We, my union, have been through a lot of ups and downs through the last 35 years. I for one can say one thing many friends and family can not, every week for the last 35 years I have received some form of compensation from a UAW/Ford contract. Whether it was a good hourly rate or vacation time or personal business time or holiday pay the weekly compensation was there. Even when I was layed off, the unemployment check and S.U.B. check was good compensation.

Some will say, "it should be more" or "we should get more" but, I have to stop and think of what others (friends and family) are getting paid or what they don`t get in benefits and how many times I hear people ask for a chance to work for Ford because of the UAW pay and benefits.

This agreement will help our young sisters and brothers realize that as long as we, our union, work for and negotiate for all its members, they will realize that compensation every week. The strength in the members at the "have" facilities, fighting to help the facilities that are not as lucky as those working overtime and have products, has once again worked out for us, the UNION.

Proud to see the membership benefit from the negotiations. I will be supporting this agreement with a yes vote.

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

• Like 3

But, its far from my first time. (being glad to be union) We, my union, have been through a lot of ups and downs through the last 35 years. I for one can say one thing many friends and family can not, every week for the last 35 years I have received some form of compensation from a UAW/Ford contract. Whether it was a good hourly rate or vacation time or personal business time or holiday pay the weekly compensation was there. Even when I was layed off, the unemployment check and S.U.B. check was good compensation.

Some will say, "it should be more" or "we should get more" but, I have to stop and think of what others (friends and family) are getting paid or what they don`t get in benefits and how many times I hear people ask for a chance to work for Ford because of the UAW pay and benefits.

This agreement will help our young sisters and brothers realize that as long as we, our union, work for and negotiate for all its members, they will realize that compensation every week. The strength in the members at the "have" facilities, fighting to help the facilities that are not as lucky as those working overtime and have products, has once again worked out for us, the UNION.

Proud to see the membership benefit from the negotiations. I will be supporting this agreement with a yes vote.

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

If you'd been here longer than September 2011, I'd put more credence to your sincerity. Must be nice to be in a plant where your future is secure, despite troubles finding volunteers to come to Chi-Town.

• Like 1

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

You must be a union rep.

• Like 2

If you'd been here longer than September 2011, I'd put more credence to your sincerity. Must be nice to be in a plant where your future is secure, despite troubles finding volunteers to come to Chi-Town.

Is it the over 2000 posts? or is it that you`ve been doing this posting thing from 2006?

My sincerity comes from being through the good times and the lay off`s, the one week on and two or three off, the TRA checks, the having and not having the PPH days and on and on..... Seeing friends lose families, because of being bounced from plant to plant. Watching members that realized, way to late that the By-Out, wasn`t the right thing to do. Or listening to members wonder when the bank is coming for the house, car or wants to know when the payment will be sent....

Yes, CAP has had an up and down history. Through it all we, the union, have made it because of the UAW with the cooperation of Ford.

As for the lack of volunteers... most that come seem to become part of the family.

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

• Like 1

I am proud of my union a lot. My local Chairman and reps do a great job. But never did I think the negotiators would get this much work insourced, plant investment, bonuses, COLA bonuses each year of $1500, AWS changes and other great things. I was hoping to keep what we have and they got us so much more.

• Like 3

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

Me too. This is a great agreement. A lot of product, job security, bonuses, decreased health care costs and much more.

• Like 4

Is it the over 2000 posts? or is it that you`ve been doing this posting thing from 2006?

My sincerity comes from being through the good times and the lay off`s, the one week on and two or three off, the TRA checks, the having and not having the PPH days and on and on..... Seeing friends lose families, because of being bounced from plant to plant. Watching members that realized, way to late that the By-Out, wasn`t the right thing to do. Or listening to members wonder when the bank is coming for the house, car or wants to know when the payment will be sent....

Yes, CAP has had an up and down history. Through it all we, the union, have made it because of the UAW with the cooperation of Ford.

As for the lack of volunteers... most that come seem to become part of the family.

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

Not intending to attack you as much as to point out you have recently joined and conveniently have revealed little of your previous thoughts. While it is possible that you are, as some have implied, a shill, I do not assign that to you. What I was implying it all this wasn't important to you until the past month...or you are re-entering under a new alias.

Be that as it may, our brothers at Walton Hills are now going to face what so many others have had to since 2007. It's the "Cheerleader" attitude I have issues with. Yes, many are getting new products and job security, but I refuse to let this pass without rubbing everyone's nose in the fact that a YES means Walton Hills Stamping plant closes. And we will be party to it happening. That, my brother, leaves one helluva bad taste in my mouth and it reeks of selfishness.

Not intending to attack you as much as to point out you have recently joined and conveniently have revealed little of your previous thoughts. While it is possible that you are, as some have implied, a shill, I do not assign that to you. What I was implying it all this wasn't important to you until the past month...or you are re-entering under a new alias.

Be that as it may, our brothers at Walton Hills are now going to face what so many others have had to since 2007. It's the "Cheerleader" attitude I have issues with. Yes, many are getting new products and job security, but I refuse to let this pass without rubbing everyone's nose in the fact that a YES means Walton Hills Stamping plant closes. And we will be party to it happening. That, my brother, leaves one helluva bad taste in my mouth and it reeks of selfishness.

I hate every fucking contract, because for the last twelve years or so, it's felt like always taking the lesser of two evils, but what the fuck are you going to do? I'm going to bitch about it again - we can't afford to be shortsighted and piss away the good will that Ford AND the IUAW members at Ford have built up over the last two years. What the execs make is obscene when we have to fight for fucking crumbs, but consider the fact that most of our neighbors don't give a shit about it. In fact, Mulally's a freaking saint or a prophet or a Greek or Roman god or some such shit. We reject this contract, when unemployment is still so freaking high, and under employment is is so high that it's virtually unreported, and how shitty are we going to look? Do we keep that good will, or will we lose it? How many of the "I hate unions, but I stomached my hatred and bought a Ford 'cause they pulled themselves up by their own boots straps" (yea, with us in the IUAW doing the damn pulling!) are we going to lose, because they see us as greedy bastards for rejecting a contract similar to what our fellow IUAW members at GM already ratified?

If we dwell on the negatives, this contract sucks, but so has every one we've voted on for the last how many years? Three? Four? Five? I lost fucking count! We aren't going to get much of the concessions back, and especially not on the first post-concessionary contract. It leaves a bad taste in mouth that any plant doesn't get product commitments, but for some, like the stamping plants, the writing was on the walls years ago when they started with the whole "integrated stamping" setup at Wayne.

Thanks to GM and Chrysler tanking, and thanks to all three companies CEO's going to DC two years ago, our dirty laundry has been put on display for everyone in America to see. We at Ford benefited from both the Bush and the Obama administrations helping out GM and Chrysler and not letting them go under, because it kept our shared suppliers alive. Everyone in America knows this now. Bill Ford and Alan Mulally look like geniuses for mortgaging the company to the hilt before the credit markets imploded, and we look like we're more stand-up than the average union grunt for taking the concessions we took in the ass two years ago.

Do we really want to piss that away, especially after the rank-and-file at GM approved this pig of a contract, and then S&P improved the rating grade on GM's debt? Do we really want to tempt fucking fate? No way. It's a yes vote for me, and probably others, too. Some of us will hold our noses when we vote yes, but that's the new "normal". Time to get used to it. The most important thing in this contract, in addition to the product commitments (which are still market dependent), is that we didn't leave our Tier Two brothers and sisters out in the cold. From the beginning we got told that the most important thing was to bring them up in their wages. If that means that a seniority guy like me has to take it in the ass for four more years, then so be it. That, my brothers, is solidarity.

• Like 4

I hate every fucking contract, because for the last twelve years or so, it's felt like always taking the lesser of two evils, but what the fuck are you going to do? I'm going to bitch about it again - we can't afford to be shortsighted and piss away the good will that Ford AND the IUAW members at Ford have built up over the last two years. What the execs make is obscene when we have to fight for fucking crumbs, but consider the fact that most of our neighbors don't give a shit about it. In fact, Mulally's a freaking saint or a prophet or a Greek or Roman god or some such shit. We reject this contract, when unemployment is still so freaking high, and under employment is is so high that it's virtually unreported, and how shitty are we going to look? Do we keep that good will, or will we lose it? How many of the "I hate unions, but I stomached my hatred and bought a Ford 'cause they pulled themselves up by their own boots straps" (yea, with us in the IUAW doing the damn pulling!) are we going to lose, because they see us as greedy bastards for rejecting a contract similar to what our fellow IUAW members at GM already ratified?

If we dwell on the negatives, this contract sucks, but so has every one we've voted on for the last how many years? Three? Four? Five? I lost fucking count! We aren't going to get much of the concessions back, and especially not on the first post-concessionary contract. It leaves a bad taste in mouth that any plant doesn't get product commitments, but for some, like the stamping plants, the writing was on the walls years ago when they started with the whole "integrated stamping" setup at Wayne.

Thanks to GM and Chrysler tanking, and thanks to all three companies CEO's going to DC two years ago, our dirty laundry has been put on display for everyone in America to see. We at Ford benefited from both the Bush and the Obama administrations helping out GM and Chrysler and not letting them go under, because it kept our shared suppliers alive. Everyone in America knows this now. Bill Ford and Alan Mulally look like geniuses for mortgaging the company to the hilt before the credit markets imploded, and we look like we're more stand-up than the average union grunt for taking the concessions we took in the ass two years ago.

Do we really want to piss that away, especially after the rank-and-file at GM approved this pig of a contract, and then S&P improved the rating grade on GM's debt? Do we really want to tempt fucking fate? No way. It's a yes vote for me, and probably others, too. Some of us will hold our noses when we vote yes, but that's the new "normal". Time to get used to it. The most important thing in this contract, in addition to the product commitments (which are still market dependent), is that we didn't leave our Tier Two brothers and sisters out in the cold. From the beginning we got told that the most important thing was to bring them up in their wages. If that means that a seniority guy like me has to take it in the ass for four more years, then so be it. That, my brothers, is solidarity.

Add onto that Ford has the least amount of cash when compared with GM or Chrysler. Ford still has $12 billion in debt. GM & Chrysler had their debt erased. The negotiators at Ford got a lot more than what the negotiatiors at GM got and Ford has less money. People need to get over their delusions that Ford is in great shape. If you look at the financial figures, they are not. But, maybe the NO voters idea is to drive Ford into bankruptcy. Then, you will get nothing.

• Like 5

Its the simple fact that we all know the UAW hacks come out every contract time and then are gone again till the next contract. You come in just before the contract and start throwing your support behind it and to be honest i don't give you a shot in hell of being anyone but a crony.

Now fired, he's like a an angry step-brother to that stupid slut Dad had an affair with and eventually married. We go round and round about everything, but we know him, we know he's been here through a couple contracts and the concession votes.

See now, I've been here off and on since '99, but I don't recall what my original user name was...I liked this site much better before it crashed a few years back and they lost everything...All the nonsense between Sheriff and the other CVN kiddies made this place pretty damned funny. Anyway yeah the contract cheerleaders are obvious, but it's going to pass anyway.

I am proud of my union a lot. My local Chairman and reps do a great job. But never did I think the negotiators would get this much work insourced, plant investment, bonuses, COLA bonuses each year of $1500, AWS changes and other great things. I was hoping to keep what we have and they got us so much more.

Don't hold your beeath on those "Investments" or new jobs...After all, 7000 of thjose jobs were already promised why weren't they working BEFORE the end of the contract that they were promised in

Anyone that thinks that these "Investments" are a resuilt of bargianing...needs to wake up. Ford does nothing in a short 2-3 month period of negpotiations. Those decisions were made LONG ago, and simply held in check as a carrot for the masses at contract time.

As for the rest...a simple one dollar an hour in COLA will net you much more than the measly 1500 they are offereing each yeasr, plus the bonus of lower tax rates than a bonus, and NO 1.15 % going to the IUAW... WQe are getting Shafted once again, and by our own UNION

• Like 1