Why we vote YES YES YES  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Why are you voting YES?

• Job security
    • Product and Plant investment
    • Bonuses
    • Improved benefits
    • Buyouts
    • I'm a dumbass fuck clown and vote no for no reason--I don't give a shit if you have a job, I am a greedy bastard

Take your n00b ass down to Settles office and tell him he shit the bed. We know he could have gotten better but choose not to. And if he thinks this is honestly the best deal he could have gotten then he is not the man for the job.

I'm still a no vote now and forever on this no matter how many sprinkles you or any other union slappys put on this turd.

Obviously you are not from AAI, OHAP or the many other facilities that are benefiting from these investments in our job security

Obviously you are in a plant that more than likely has products, huge investments over the past 5 years and you are running 3 shifts. Pretty close huh??

You are no brother of mine in your selfish ways

Vote yes for the many of us in need

• Like 5

Yes there are winners and losers but the overall investment is a win for all Ford Hourly employees.Ford invests in US plants then there are more options for workers.Everybody gets one vote and its your personal decision but look at it this way,if all this investment comes through the groundwork is set.Industry sales pick up and we got some more leverage for next time.

• Like 4

Yes there are winners and losers but the overall investment is a win for all Ford Hourly employees.Ford invests in US plants then there are more options for workers.Everybody gets one vote and its your personal decision but look at it this way,if all this investment comes through the groundwork is set.Industry sales pick up and we got some more leverage for next time.

+1

I have to be honest,,,, I have not felt this secure as an autoworker since the 90s.

This is a great investment in our jobs and future for decades to come

• Like 4

I see a few dumb ass fuck clowns just saying "Duh, I am voting no." Fucktards. There are many good reasons to vote yes, but I even gave you fuckheads a no vote. So, show us what you are made of!!!

You have such well thought out arguments. I know your superior intellect will convince many people to change their vote. Also, any non employees are sure to be impressed.

• Like 2

Good point and well said.

• Like 1

You have such well thought out arguments. I know your superior intellect will convince many people to change their vote. Also, any non employees are sure to be impressed.

There's another word for "non employees". It's called "customers". They buy cars and trucks and they got plenty of non-union assembled choices to pick from, so think carefully about what kind of impression you want to make on those "non employees".
  • Like 1

Obviously you are not from AAI, OHAP or the many other facilities that are benefiting from these investments in our job security

Obviously you are in a plant that more than likely has products, huge investments over the past 5 years and you are running 3 shifts. Pretty close huh??

You are no brother of mine in your selfish ways

Vote yes for the many of us in need

Totally agree. Job security is huge in this agreement.

• Like 1

Strange you haven't felt this secure since Ford was hiring employees at 70 percent of full wage and allowing all of them to reach full wage, while we were getting raises, but now your secure with less than that.

Diminishing expectations is not a sign of optimism to me, brother.

Considering that we HAVE to remain competitive with the transplants (and GM and Chrysler, since they, too have lower labor costs than we do), and the same said transplants said publicly two years ago that they were NOT going to even try to pay competitive with Detroit Three/UAW wages, how the fuck do you think the contract could have been better? Tell me that!!

• Like 3

Considering that we HAVE to remain competitive with the transplants (and GM and Chrysler, since they, too have lower labor costs than we do), and the same said transplants said publicly two years ago that they were NOT going to even try to pay competitive with Detroit Three/UAW wages, how the fuck do you think the contract could have been better? Tell me that!!

They can't tell you because they have no idea what they want. If it was negotiated that Entry Level went to Traditional wages, plants would close and jobs would be lost. Hands down. When Kia is paying $10-14 an hour without benefits, Nissan is paying $13 at its Smyrna plant and the other transplants paying less, it would be hard for all our plants to survive. Based on the latest information, Entry Level does get increased wages and benefits, so that is a start in the right direction that can be built on.

• Like 2

It's better than what GM got, but only marginally so. It's going to pass, so aside from whatever personal gratification people get from posting opinions I don't see the point off the "hell no" crap. The union ain't what it once was; I suppose we should be thankful we got anything to spare from the IUAW's latest effort to line their own pockets.

• Like 1

New investment is always a good thing, HOWEVER...I can't put my trust in the IUAW or in Ford to live up to this commitment, as they have not done so in the past. There are still 7000 jobs that were previously promised that diod not happen during the life of last contract...I hold no expectations for the new 5700 to be filled during the life of THIS piece of shit.

Besides, anyone stupid enough to think thast these "investment" desicions were made in the last 2 months...needs a huge wakeup call. Ford does not do anything in that short of time period. With all the multiple levels of manegement that has to be gone thru, it takes MONTHS to get a decision on anything.

As for being competitive with our rivals...YES I agree we need to be...BUT...Mr. "I'm good right where I am at" Mulloly wants that for you and I, but definatly NOT for himself. Our competitors don't pay CEO's multi millions of dollars. Toyuota, Honda and others have CEO's that make under 1 million per year...You want parity? It has to be for EVERYONE and not just the lowest of the pile.

This proposal, has more holes in it than swiss cheese. Far too many questions to be addressed for many of us to make a good viable decision on how to vote. As always, the devil is in the details. I recommend to everyone that they READ the entire 500+ pages so you really know whats going on.

It's better than what GM got, but only marginally so. It's going to pass, so aside from whatever personal gratification people get from posting opinions I don't see the point off the "hell no" crap. The union ain't what it once was; I suppose we should be thankful we got anything to spare from the IUAW's latest effort to line their own pockets.

It is better than GM. Love your tag--Dearborn Fuck Plant.

From what I've seen, you are right on. Laying groundwork is important if we want to get more power for the future.