$10,000 by December Guaranteed

Sharp Shooter

This contract makes us pay for what Ford did not put into the VEBA. The VEBA is underfunded because Ford only put in 57% of what was needed for retiree health care. Retirees are paying more out of pocket. Instead of making Ford pay for their obligations, this contract would take 10% of any profit-sharing we might get to put into the VEBA.

Prior to the VEBA a certain amount came out of each paycheck for our retirement health care. Since the VEBA came, that practice has stopped. Basically, we are funding our own retirement health care just like we did prior to the VEBA.

• Like 4

Prior to the VEBA a certain amount came out of each paycheck for our retirement health care. Since the VEBA came, that practice has stopped. Basically, we are funding our own retirement health care just like we did prior to the VEBA.

YOU ARE WRONG... I can look at paystubs going back 20 years, and not one of them has a deduction for my retierment health care. That was a fixed cost for Ford that our great Union just handed back to them with no plan to fund the balance. Shows the stupidity of our leadership Now having us fund it is a Consession in my book...no matter how you look agt it..it dod not come out of your paychecks before, and now it will...

• Like 1

Sharp Shooter please crawl back under your rock and please take SHO_DRIVER with you.The money is nothing but a bribe to get this piece of shit contract ratified. VOTE NO SEND THEM BACK TO THE TABLE.

• Like 4

Sharp Shooter please crawl back under your rock and please take SHO_DRIVER with you.The money is nothing but a bribe to get this piece of shit contract ratified. VOTE NO SEND THEM BACK TO THE TABLE.

Here's my question, for real: what makes you think Ford will come back to the table? I've heard a lot of this and I just DON'T understand why FOMOCO would come back to the bargaining table to give us something better.

• Like 3

From the Highlights, we get the following and it's guaranteed, if we ratify this agreement:

$6000 after ratification

$3750 in Profit Sharing in mid-November

$250 in Competitive Awards in December.

Grand Total of $10000.

I need the $6,000 cash asap and I dont want my ex wife to get any of it.

When exactly do we get the $6,000 and will I get it discreetly?

• Like 2

Here's my question, for real: what makes you think Ford will come back to the table? I've heard a lot of this and I just DON'T understand why FOMOCO would come back to the bargaining table to give us something better.

They are dreaming. 99% of them have never went on strike. They benefited from the work their grandparents did. If they had to carry a strike sign and get paid $200 a week, they would complain that the International didn't force them to vote YES. The negotiators have been there for 3 months. Going back to the table would be meaningless, if people want to vote NO get ready to strike. For the 90% who are living paycheck to paycheck, it is $200 a week and there is no reason to think you will get as much as in this agreement.

• Like 5

They are dreaming. 99% of them have never went on strike. They benefited from the work their grandparents did. If they had to carry a strike sign and get paid $200 a week, they would complain that the International didn't force them to vote YES. The negotiators have been there for 3 months. Going back to the table would be meaningless, if people want to vote NO get ready to strike. For the 90% who are living paycheck to paycheck, it is $200 a week and there is no reason to think you will get as much as in this agreement.

No doubt. These people talk a big game. I bet most will vote Yes on the contract.

• Like 4

I need the $6,000 cash asap and I dont want my ex wife to get any of it.

When exactly do we get the $6,000 and will I get it discreetly?

Since it is already, and WILL be all over the media when the payout hits...your EX WILL know of it...sorry, but nothing the company and UAW does is discreet any longer. She will file with the courts to get it...and will...Plus if you owe Child support...or Allimony...that comes off the top automatically

No doubt. These people talk a big game. I bet most will vote Yes on the contract.

Sure they will....thats why they throw all that money out there...to BUY the vote cause the contract can't stand on its own merit... its a piece of shit and the UAW knows it. But it has been proven, that anytime they throw cash at people...GREED takes over and people juump at it...Sorry...I WON'T jump...and I WON'T sell my vote for a few dollars.. I WILL vote based on the language of the conteract, and whether or not its good for me and my family, and the future of MY employment.

Your sales pitch falls on deaf ears with me...It shows what a fucking moron you and the entire IUAW have become. so far out of touch with the workforce, and the everyday HELL we put our bodies thru.

When compared to actual COLA...this contract offers NOTHING for the average worker. Its set up to do one thing, and one thing only...Increase the coffers of the IUAW. 1.15% of every one of those so called bonuses goes to them...We already pay union dues and get NOTHING in return...why in hell would I want to give more to those morons to waste?

In other words...of that $16,752.00 that is "gauranteed" over the life of the agreement...The UAW recieves 1926.48 PER worker...Multiply that by the current 41K workforce.... $78,985,680.00 over the life of this piece of shit agreement, going to the wasteful IUAW so they can finance the raises that they will surely vote themselves (as they always do when WE get screwed.)

Edited by trailfndr

From the Highlights, we get the following and it's guaranteed, if we ratify this agreement:

$6000 after ratification

$3750 in Profit Sharing in mid-November

$250 in Competitive Awards in December.

Grand Total of $10000.

We, in the salaried workforce can't believe that the hourly people would turn down this amount. We would love to have that much money since we don't get paid overtime. It is unthinkable.

• Like 3

Plus the union is going to get there 10 percent so that 42 percent is more like 52 percent taken from us. Well union has to find out if its legal to do what they are wanting to do first! MR King said that the fund was fully funded for something like 90 years so why take even more of our hard earned money.NO for me.

Those fuckers would be shtting their pants if a strike was called. They would be the first ones crying that Jimmy Settles wasn't showing leadership. WAH WAH WAH!

• Like 2

There is no concessions in this contract. Actually, we get a lot back. Especially jobs.

And somehow you trust the UAW and company to ceate the jobs that were promised in the last contract, and still aren't there...so now they put them in This contract...YOU have to be a fool to take the word of those that have already stabbed you in the back and lied to you.

Jobs are very important to all of us...THEY know that, so its very easy to say we will give jobs..its alot more difficult to actually DO IT!

And there ARE concessions...Legal Service is gone after next year...paying into the Veba is a concession when it was supposedly funded for 80 years. Skilled trades is losing classifications...another concession...Maybe you should wake up and actually READ the contractual languiage and not just the sugar coated highlights the uaw wants you to see.

• Like 1

True, I haven't seen any concessions. Some complainers claiming it, but not true. What do you expect when the NO voters have nothing, they make shit up.

No concessions?? What about taking away legal services in 2013. What about taking away 10 percent of our profit sharing money to fund VEBA. What about raising co-pays on prescription drugs by 3% a year. And most importantly, all that was suspended in concessions of 2009 were just that. SUSPENDED. We ratify, everything is gone.

• Like 1

No concessions?? What about taking away legal services in 2013. What about taking away 10 percent of our profit sharing money to fund VEBA. What about raising co-pays on prescription drugs by 3% a year. And most importantly, all that was suspended in concessions of 2009 were just that. SUSPENDED. We ratify, everything is gone.

The profit sharing formula was changed so we actually get more now. So, that is a gain. Making sure our VEBA is solvent when we retire, that is a gain. Work in our plants, that is a gain, reduced medical co-pays, that is a gain. Wow, prescription drugs go up 3%, the regular guy on the street goes up between 10-50%.

• Like 2

The profit sharing formula was changed so we actually get more now. So, that is a gain. Making sure our VEBA is solvent when we retire, that is a gain. Work in our plants, that is a gain, reduced medical co-pays, that is a gain. Wow, prescription drugs go up 3%, the regular guy on the street goes up between 10-50%.

How about no cola . how about 2nd tier. how about screwing the retirees. VOTE NO !!

Judas sold Jesus Christ out for a few pieces of silver. You can do better. VOTE NO !

If you think voting no means going back for more, you are messed up. Get ready for $200 a week. Tell your family that you would rather have $200 a week for an unknown amount of time instead of $10K before Christmas.

• Like 2

If you think voting no means going back for more, you are messed up. Get ready for $200 a week. Tell your family that you would rather have $200 a week for an unknown amount of time instead of $10K before Christmas.

I have walked the picket lines before and would again if needed. People should be ready for a strike. If you think this class warfare smoke and mirror contract is the best they can do your only fooling yourself. VOTE NO !!