Gary W. admits to Leadership

Pulse

Hey norty! Didn't I reply to you a couple of days ago and called you a "factory grunt" and asked you "what expectation of class could you possibly have" after you told me I had no class? You didn't like it then and called me a "inbred Fucktucky idiot". I see you really secretly liked my reply because it reminded you of who you really are. Hell, you are using my words too, almost verbatim. LMFAO!!

You are wrong about this too and you know it. No one will ever make it to be IUAW unless they are part of the "good ole boy network", unless our leadership is elected by the membership...period.

As far as anyone not buying a Ford because the people who work for them go on strike over pay and benefits. Well, what can I say. Anyone who bases their decision of buying a vehicle on what the workers say about their pay and benefits is fucking ignorant...no they are fucking stupid. Ignorance is defined as not being aware of something, hence the saying "ignorance of the law is no defense at all", but surely they would be aware of how stupid that is.

Hey Norty. I found your movie. The link is below. Tell us which one you played. I knew you were really mexican.

http://youtu.be/RN9-8rwJ5OY

Hey inbred! You're obviously too stupid to read into my statement and realize I was making fun of your "factory grunt" comment.

As far as anyone being "fucking stupid" you should look closely in the mirror! Stupid is defined by 'lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind' which you keep on demonstrating.

Hey inbred. I found your movie. The link is below. I know which one you played. The frog!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5CrUcYVsZ4

Contrary to the "W" letter...the ACH & LTS members got more than a couple dollars. They have three pages of improvements. Everything from wages to profit sharing to medical. They even got family days and vacation. The retiree's have not gained much...but they still have the "lump sum" language for when there is more money in the fund. We active are giving some to them as well: 10% profit sharing to help fund them.

So, wait...do I understand this right? He said it was the best contract they could have brought back to the membership, but he still doesn't like it? I don't understand. All I ever hear from Gary and the other people who type in big letters and all caps is that they want more. I hear from some people that we should have a more democratic process, which might actually be a decent idea. But other than that, which just seems aimed at trying to get Gary a larger share of the vote than he got last time at the convention, is no solutions.

It's ok to be frustrated and voice your opinion about your frustrations, but what are you going to do about it, realistically? What is your strategy for negotiating a better deal with the company beyond voting no? It seems just like a childish protest vote from a lot (NOT ALL, looking at you FiredMotorCompany) of people on here. I want to hear some strategies and solutions beyond going into Mulally's office and saying "WE DEMAND THIS" and thinking he's going to give it to you. I've read some of the other forums about how Gary negotiated a 15 page local agreement and then voted it down because he said the company screwed him. If that's the kind of negotiating skills he has....well, I think it really speaks for itself.

The “Equity of Sacrifice” grievance is scheduled for arbitration September 15.

But many people believe that the money for the grievance will be put into our new contract.

But why the hell should it be part of the new contract?

The grievance was to get back concessions that Ford workers gave up in the last contract.

It was written over a year and a half ago, after Ford gave back money to the salaried workers and to management and to Alan “I’m Fine Where I’m At” Mulally.

If this grievance is settled as part of the new contract, it can only be for one reason. It will be to pressure us and threaten us into voting for a contract that we don’t want.

This is like blackmail. And we all know that if you give into blackmail,

it just encourages the blackmailer into coming back again and again.

If they dare try to do this to us, it will show that they didn’t learn anything from the last “No” vote. We may have to show them again.

How much did we give up in concessions? How much do they owe us?

--Dec., ’05.- Lost a 3% raise, lost some COLA -- lost $2,000/year (about $10,000 total).

--Sept.,07. - Lost more COLA, (up to 50 cents/hour). Increased health care costs for prescriptions, office visits and other co-pays.

--Feb., ‘09. - Lost 2 Performance Bonuses (about $5,000 total); 2 Christmas bonuses ($1,200 total);

COLA eliminated; no overtime after 8 hours; Easter Monday holiday taken away; reduced SUB ; no pay-in-lieu.

It is estimated we lost about $30,000 in money alone. But that’s only a small part of it.

--Two-tier wages. New hires lose over $25,000 a year.

Two-tier wages make it harder for first tier to get a raise and threatens to bring us all down to 2nd tier.

--The VEBA. Health care for retirees is no longer guaranteed.

How much money will we have to pay out of pocket when we retire?

--Lost break time and alternative work schedules. It makes our working conditions much harder.

It may take weeks, months or years off our lives. What price do you put on that?

This is part of a letter that I received from a 2nd-tier Ford worker:

“I and my co-workers only want to work hard, live comfortably & secure a future for ourselves & our families.

$14/ hour can't help one to do much more than pay bills & show up to work week after week with empty pockets & no hope for tomorrow. The modest pay that I receive does not cover car repairs or insurance.

My pay cannot support rent/mortgage & a car note/lease. I may have to wait 15 years before I can buy one of the vehicles that I helped make. The check that I receive every week does not have enough room for frivolities like haircuts, school supplies for four children, a full tank of gas (to take said children to school & me to work), on time payment of utilities or rent, or food (groceries are not a luxury).

The pressure of being underpaid drains people physically, emotionally & spiritually (some people lose faith).

We wake up with our backs against the wall & leave work feeling like we were in a stick fight & everyone had a stick except us! I don't mind hard work but all of this is for half pay. “

• Like 2

I do not know why everyone is concentrating on get-backs when some of the things this contract gives away are for me, even more troubling.

The rights of elected Locals to fight for their people are radically altered.

The Team and MWG concept is force fed to them

The right to oversee placement of workers in JSP is also seemingly taken away.

Every Plant manager will be sure to move towards seven-day working status in order to assure the grouping system which allows for 24-7 operation to be implemented with no OT of significance for workers, and straight time weekend work.

THIS will affect quality of life for our members in a decidedly negative way.

Pages 038A thru 046A, the language therein including- standardization, the grey area of "more automated areas" "other subjects deemed necessary", the mandate of changing local agreements without the local member's ability to vote on said agreement, and the fact I have not seen the "Joint Continuous Improvement Charter" are only some of the factors that make this a no-vote for me.

If by some miracle they are sent back to the table, I would only ask for the striking of mandated work groups, and a reinstatement of language which indicates a continued suspension of COLA, performance bonuses, and the post Easter holiday, rather than having them stricken from the contract all-together.

If someone is at a plant where A, B, C groupings of "seven day operation" plants has not eaten away at their OT, please let me know. I really have not had the time to dig into it. Also- Do these groups mean straight time/mandatory Saturday and Sundays?

Gets the facts, or as many as you can....THEN vote.

• Like 1

I do not know why everyone is concentrating on get-backs when some of the things this contract gives away are for me, even more troubling.

The rights of elected Locals to fight for their people are radically altered.

The Team and MWG concept is force fed to them

The right to oversee placement of workers in JSP is also seemingly taken away.

Every Plant manager will be sure to move towards seven-day working status in order to assure the grouping system which allows for 24-7 operation to be implemented with no OT of significance for workers, and straight time weekend work.

THIS will affect quality of life for our members in a decidedly negative way.

Pages 038A thru 046A, the language therein including- standardization, the grey area of "more automated areas" "other subjects deemed necessary", the mandate of changing local agreements without the local member's ability to vote on said agreement, and the fact I have not seen the "Joint Continuous Improvement Charter" are only some of the factors that make this a no-vote for me.

If by some miracle they are sent back to the table, I would only ask for the striking of mandated work groups, and a reinstatement of language which indicates a continued suspension of COLA, performance bonuses, and the post Easter holiday, rather than having them stricken from the contract all-together.

If someone is at a plant where A, B, C groupings of "seven day operation" plants has not eaten away at their OT, please let me know. I really have not had the time to dig into it. Also- Do these groups mean straight time/mandatory Saturday and Sundays?

Gets the facts, or as many as you can....THEN vote.

Excellent post.A lot of the people on here only see the bonus and signing money and don't pay any attention to the rest of the agreement. VOTE NO..they can do better.

So Settles publicly threw Gary under the bus for pushing for a better contract and getting our concessions back? Way to support the freedom of speech and democracy!

The funny thing here is that Settles thinks we need Gary's permission to Vote No. That is as big of insult as him calling people who vote no unintelligent.

All Gary did was to present an opposing opinion for the membership to think about and for that he gets crucified by the IUAW.

Whether you are voting Yes or No on this contract, you should be embarrassed by the tactics being used by the IUAW to push this contract through.. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!

Your hero gary threw himself under the bus...nothing new...it was expected. He really made himself look like the village idiot when he aquiessed that this is the best the UAW team could bring back to us. sorry...batter up!

Gary was being sarcastic cause he knows and we all know he could have gotten a better deal for the membership.. Gary W. isn't in the pockets of big business (ford) he isn't a person that will cave in and just go a long with the norm. He fights for membership rights and fair treatment for all. This contract is a no vote, and I'll bring my own pencil.

If we were under Gary's leadership as IUAW president here is what we would have:

20k Signing Bonus

Break Time Back

AWOLS back to 12 months

Fair Profit Sharing Formula

Monday after Easter back

No limitations on Sub Pay

COLA back

3% yearly raise for all members and retirees

I could go on and on..

Tell me how the company could hurt by giving this to us?

Edited by novotingit

Gary was being sarcastic cause he knows and we all know he could have gotten a better deal for the membership.. Gary W. isn't in the pockets of big business (ford) he isn't a person that will cave in and just go a long with the norm. He fights for membership rights and fair treatment for all. This contract is a no vote, and I'll bring my own pencil.

If we were under Gary's leadership as IUAW president here is what we would have: Nothing

Hey dumb ass, you were fired. Yes, Gary's demands would destroy our union and company by closing down plants, But, it doesn't matter for a dumb mother fucker like you who get fired and just wants to stir up shit.

I have seen Gary's 10 page local contract that he encourages members to vote against. That's leadership for you!!!

Edited by 4Real?

Brother Walcowitz admitted to Brother Goddard and the rest of the leadership that this is the BEST contract they could have brought back to the membership...but still recommends a NO vote. WOW!!! Brother Settles told him to repeat himself so he could compare what was just said to what would be written today...LOL!!!

I don't think Gary was giving them a compliment... I think he realizes with the lack of brain-power that is the the best contract they could bring back... Not that it's good for the membership just the best they could do! (Big Difference!)

Edited by 400member

Hey dumb ass, you were fired. Yes, Gary's demands would destroy our union and company by closing down plants, But, it doesn't matter for a dumb mother fucker like you who get fired and just wants to stir up shit.

I have seen Gary's 10 page local contract that he encourages members to vote against. That's leadership for you!!!

why do you keep inferring that I was fired you piece of shit fist fuck. I was not fired you dumb ass, and I have reported you on here to the OP for saying that in other threads and now in this one. You don't know who I am so get the fuck off my pie hole with those lips.

Your hero gary threw himself under the bus...nothing new...it was expected. He really made himself look like the village idiot when he aquiessed that this is the best the UAW team could bring back to us. sorry...batter up!

I'll take a village idiot over a company stooge any day! You mis-fits down at the international make me sick... You got all your concessions back (after suffering for what 2 months) and you took from the strike fund war-chest! You make over 100,000.00 Dollars a year and you want to tell us how to live and what we should live on. Shove it! This contract will put us workers at 1999 wages at best in 2015. $12,000 over the life of the contract breaks down to 70 cents an hour after union dues and taxes. Company juicing it with early profit sharing just saves them tax-dollars (the increase in profits by your lame contract put them over the top and caused the early pay-out.) It's not a crime to vote no!

I'll take a village idiot over a company stooge any day! You mis-fits down at the international make me sick... You got all your concessions back (after suffering for what 2 months) and you took from the strike fund war-chest! You make over 100,000.00 Dollars a year and you want to tell us how to live and what we should live on. Shove it! This contract will put us workers at 1999 wages at best in 2015. $12,000 over the life of the contract breaks down to 70 cents an hour after union dues and taxes. Company juicing it with early profit sharing just saves them tax-dollars (the increase in profits by your lame contract put them over the top and caused the early pay-out.) It's not a crime to vote no!

It's not a crime to vote no...agreed. It is also not a crime to be blinded by greed and bullshit. It still doesn't make it right...

It's not a crime to vote no...agreed. It is also not a crime to be blinded by greed and bullshit. It still doesn't make it right...

Blinded by Greed and Bullshit???? that's in your job description in capital letters. As I said trade your contract for our contract. Come on I know we every member would gladly do it, will you? Here's the last of today's questions I gotta go to work: If Ford top ceo's are raping the company and you guys are raping the uaw fund could we at least get a few more crumbs thrown our way?

Brother Walcowitz admitted to Brother Goddard and the rest of the leadership that this is the BEST contract they could have brought back to the membership...but still recommends a NO vote. WOW!!! Brother Settles told him to repeat himself so he could compare what was just said to what would be written today...LOL!!!

We at DTP need to remember this whole thing with Gary W. being a two face com election time...Does he seriously have any credibility left?