Not voting doesn't count as a vote

TrimTim

If you don't vote on the contract it does not count as a yes vote. No voters have been lying to us for years by telling us that by not voting is a YES VOTE.

This is a LIE. If you want to vote YES, you must go and vote YES.

Edited by TrimTim
  • Like 2

If you don't vote on the contract it does not count as a yes vote. No voters have been lying to us for years by telling us that by not voting is a YES VOTE.

Thank you!!! Combat the BS on here. I'll attach the letter that officially explains it to this thread too, so nobody can come on here and try to refute it with hearsay.

post-46260-0-94586700-1318711242_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you!!! Combat the BS on here. I'll attach the letter that officially explains it to this thread too, so nobody can come on here and try to refute it with hearsay.

Thanks, so it is more than just here that people are lying to us about if you don't vote it's a yes vote. These liars should be ashamed. They are playing with our futures based on lies.

We heard this lie in Chicago. You have to vote for it to count.

This is not an official UAW attachment. This guy is an idiot and needs to be banned from this forum.

If you don't show up to vote, your vote (if currently on the rolls) will be logged as a yes vote, just ask your committee when you vote.

600 doesn't even put information on their website, it hasn't been updated since early 2010... Nice try.

This is not an official UAW attachment. This guy is an idiot and needs to be banned from this forum.

If you don't show up to vote, your vote (if currently on the rolls) will be logged as a yes vote, just ask your committee when you vote.

600 doesn't even put information on their website, it hasn't been updated since early 2010... Nice try.

You are a liar!!!

I just went to the local 600 website and clicked on the link. It is from Local 600. The link is below. Click on it and you will see a contract summary link, click on that link and you get the Fact Page.

http://region1a.uaw.org/local600/index.cfm?action=article&articleID=86b7517f-f5cb-4106-b190-5ace9c5144ab

This is simple math. If all non votes were counted as a YES vote, then all locals would be showing 100% voter turnout. If you had 2000 workers, it would show 2000 votes cast. IT DOESN'T work that way, no local HAS EVER had 100% voter turnout! Even if you thought the union could cheat that way, the numbers don't bear that out. A non vote is a NON vote. If you are a Democrat and want to vote for Obama, but don't make it to the polls, they don't mark a vote for him in your place! Use common sense, people...of course funny business goes on sometimes in voting, but numbers don't lie.

• Like 1

That's politics. Simple, what ever you feel, if you don't vote, your voice doesn't count at all.

Amen! I have my opinion, and other people have theirs, and I respect that. Go vote your informed decision. But I don't respect people who spread lies and half truths.

Amen! I have my opinion, and other people have theirs, and I respect that. Go vote your informed decision. But I don't respect people who spread lies and half truths.

I always have fun with people who didn't vote having a complaint about the outcome. :banghead:

People not voting allows the minority to steer a vote against what the majority may want.

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 1