new update

FordM/R

I wish it was next year. My 401k is almost maxed out for the year and I want to put the whole thing in it. Including the first two quarters if profit sharing they accelerated.

Just a suggestion. Do you have a IRA? if so, put it in there when you maxed in your 401k. I use too maxed out all the time when I worked at NAP, I had a much higher % coming out because of all the overtime we worked, so I put my extra into that account.

Edited by FANTASTICFORD

Just a suggestion. Do you have a IRA? if so, put it in there when you maxed in your 401k. I use too maxed out all the time when I worked at NAP, I had a much higher % coming out because of all the overtime we worked, so I put my extra into that account.

In 2008 and 2009 the US Congress, both House and Senate, had hearings about nationalizing the 401k system. Trillions of dollars are in that system. Granted nothing has become of that so far, but the cat is out of the bag as far as I'm concerned. I'm trying to balance my 401k with a brokerage account for retirement. I understands the pros and cons to both. If the 401k system is nationalized at some point in the future I would still have my brokerage account to draw from. Just another way I'm balancing the eggs between my baskets.

As far as the vote count goes does anyone have the totals at this point? I'm not a Facebook user so I don't have access to the UAW page.

In 2008 and 2009 the US Congress, both House and Senate, had hearings about nationalizing the 401k system. Trillions of dollars are in that system. Granted nothing has become of that so far, but the cat is out of the bag as far as I'm concerned. I'm trying to balance my 401k with a brokerage account for retirement. I understands the pros and cons to both. If the 401k system is nationalized at some point in the future I would still have my brokerage account to draw from. Just another way I'm balancing the eggs between my baskets.

As far as the vote count goes does anyone have the totals at this point? I'm not a Facebook user so I don't have access to the UAW page.

From the UAW FORD Facebook page.... ****Voting Results**** as of 8:30 pm 10/16/2011 Yes-14845 (62%) No- 9076 (38%)

It's over. The only plants left are LAP/KTP today and tomorrow, about 4800 votes, and Sharonville tomorrow, which has 1500 odd. It would need to fail in all three plants almost unanimously to fail.

The difference is 5769 and the possible voters are about 6300, but we know there will be some voters who don't vote. I thihnk it's pretty safe now.

It's over. The only plants left are LAP/KTP today and tomorrow, about 4800 votes, and Sharonville tomorrow, which has 1500 odd. It would need to fail in all three plants almost unanimously to fail.

The difference is 5769 and the possible voters are about 6300, but we know there will be some voters who don't vote. I thihnk it's pretty safe now.

It will pass in Sharonville they are to be entirely low tier, and the raise to low tier seals their vote. Twin cities is closing, and they took the parting gift of a signing bonus.

Avon Lake,Ohio will not be done voting until tuesday also. I am not sure but I think they have about 1700 uaw workers.

If 10,000 have yet to have the chance to vote we've had a turn out of roughly 77% up to this point.

At least it is a majority turn out. In our last government primary election the minority controlled the outcome. Out of 36M people living in the state of California, only 4M voted. That was the worst case, but all the states had poor voter turn out.

I agree, having a well rounded portolio is very important. Outside of my 401k and IRA, I have other investments to draw from if needed, I would say my eggs are very well balanced.