Genrous Offer For "No" Voters

daveyb

I'd like to thank all those that voted in the recent contract ratification vote. If we got that percentage of voters in general elections voting we might have a truly Representative Government!

In a free and thriving democracy in our republic people have the right to differ, and vote in a way that reflects those differences. We ain't in China, is what I'm saying.

I respect those of you who voted "No". It's your right as an American and as a UAW brother or sister. Also, having read the various posts presented here on the BOF, I truly believe that some of you have convictions that won't allow you to accept the signing bonus, quality bonus, profit share, etc.

That's where I come in. :shades: I'm more than willing to take that dirty money off your hands, saving you the degradation of being offended by such a piddling offer.

If you are truly offended by the free money being sent your way because of the outstanding negotiations by our elected leaders, I believe that we can work something out! :rockon:

I believe there is some way to contact me directly through this web site. If not please leave a message/answer on this thread and I'd love to connect you to a worthy charity, if this money, for which YOU have done NOTHING, truly offends you. :ninja:

In Solidarity,

A soldier for peace,

A sailor for sanity,

A Marine for morality,

An Airman :rockon: against a'holes!!!!!!

Mine Truly,

Davey B.

:victory:

• Like 2

I'd like to thank all those that voted in the recent contract ratification vote. If we got that percentage of voters in general elections voting we might have a truly Representative Government!

In a free and thriving democracy in our republic people have the right to differ, and vote in a way that reflects those differences. We ain't in China, is what I'm saying.

I respect those of you who voted "No". It's your right as an American and as a UAW brother or sister. Also, having read the various posts presented here on the BOF, I truly believe that some of you have convictions that won't allow you to accept the signing bonus, quality bonus, profit share, etc.

That's where I come in. :shades: I'm more than willing to take that dirty money off your hands, saving you the degradation of being offended by such a piddling offer.

If you are truly offended by the free money being sent your way because of the outstanding negotiations by our elected leaders, I believe that we can work something out! :rockon:

I believe there is some way to contact me directly through this web site. If not please leave a message/answer on this thread and I'd love to connect you to a worthy charity, if this money, for which YOU have done NOTHING, truly offends you. :ninja:

In Solidarity,

A soldier for peace,

A sailor for sanity,

A Marine for morality,

Mine Truly,

Davey B.

I must've missed it, can you post a link to someone saying they're offended by the money and dont want it?

• Like 1

In Solidarity,

A soldier for peace,

A sailor for sanity,

A Marine for morality,

Mine Truly,

Davey B.

No offense intended, but I will file this with those claims by some rich people that they don't pay enough taxes so tax rates should be raised.

• Like 1

No offense intended, but I will file this with those claims by some rich people that they don't pay enough taxes so tax rates should be raised.

.......and they too can send additional $$$ to the IRS which they will accept if they REALLY feel that way.

• Like 1

In Solidarity,

A soldier for peace,

A sailor for sanity,

A Marine for morality,

Mine Truly,

Davey B.

you sir are a jack wagon!!

• Like 1

In Solidarity,

A soldier for peace,

A sailor for sanity,

A Marine for morality,

Mine Truly,

Davey B.

LOL, if we truly needed the money, unlike some, we would not stand on our principles and sell out our brothers and sisters those with plants closing, our retirees, and our 2nd tier employees. What do you not get?? We were o.k. with helping out our other fellow employees with just the equity of sacrifice that was given up until the company said we made a profit. They are now making a profit. A democracy to have us properly represented, now that would be wonderful, however, we do not elect people like King, Settles, and other appointees with a vote by the people or the membership unfortunately. Funny how social security just today said that they will be getting COLA of 3.6% because of inflation, no wonder the company did not want to give this back. 3.6% of your paycheck adds up. Giving back money, what money would we be giving back since we had concessions and they nearly took $30,000/year as stated by Bob King. O.k. I guess half back isn't bad NOT!

• Like 4

LOL, if we truly needed the money, unlike some, we would not stand on our principles and sell out our brothers and sisters those with plants closing, our retirees, and our 2nd tier employees. What do you not get?? We were o.k. with helping out our other fellow employees with just the equity of sacrifice that was given up until the company said we made a profit. They are now making a profit. A democracy to have us properly represented, now that would be wonderful, however, we do not elect people like King, Settles, and other appointees with a vote by the people or the membership unfortunately. Funny how social security just today said that they will be getting COLA of 3.6% because of inflation, no wonder the company did not want to give this back. 3.6% of your paycheck adds up. Giving back money, what money would we be giving back since we had concessions and they nearly took $30,000/year as stated by Bob King. O.k. I guess half back isn't bad NOT!

The No voters lost by what like by 10,000 votes or more. The majority have spoken. Now go find some other thing to not get your way with. Maybe take some of the signing money and get a tattoo. Maybe some saying that expresses the way that you are used to feeling like "BORN TO LOSE". The company is a business not your mommy. Getting all mad will not get you what tou want. A lot of the NO voters are all angry because they did not get their way. If the Yes voters would of lost they would not so much be angry but worried and hopeful that the company would give enough to make all the brats happy and not somehow have to strike. If your brain can not figure out why the company wants to keep their labor cost competitive with the other auto companies than I guess nothing any Yes voter says will make sense to you. It must suck to not be able to quit working for a company that you dislike so much. This is not just my opinion but millions of others in a nation that is stuggling right now. No one likes a sore loser, loser.

• Like 1

The No voters lost by what like by 10,000 votes or more. The majority have spoken. Now go find some other thing to not get your way with. Maybe take some of the signing money and get a tattoo. Maybe some saying that expresses the way that you are used to feeling like "BORN TO LOSE". The company is a business not your mommy. Getting all mad will not get you what tou want. A lot of the NO voters are all angry because they did not get their way. If the Yes voters would of lost they would not so much be angry but worried and hopeful that the company would give enough to make all the brats happy and not somehow have to strike. If your brain can not figure out why the company wants to keep their labor cost competitive with the other auto companies than I guess nothing any Yes voter says will make sense to you. It must suck to not be able to quit working for a company that you dislike so much. This is not just my opinion but millions of others in a nation that is stuggling right now. No one likes a sore loser, loser.

Few people have missed a point more widely than you. You should be proud.

• Like 3

Get over it

We voted it in by 2/3s majority. In simple terms a landslide

Common sense and wisdom prevailed

Start your whine again in 3 1/2 years,,,,,, until then get some kleenex

• Like 3

Few people have missed a point more widely than you. You should be proud.

I am a proud Ford UAW worker. My point is echoed through the media, my union leaders , comments on auto news articles by the buying public and the majority of the Ford UAW membership that voted yes. What was the point of the NO voters. We have the best wages already. We have free health care( well $20.00 co pay). We have a great dental plan. On and on and on we have it better only because of Ford and the UAW. Not because of the superior skills that the workers possess. A lot of NO voters did not take the so called "bribe" that the Yes voters took because it was not big enough for them. If you like the company you work for you most likely would think a little harder about fucking up relations with the hand that feeds you. I have tried to be civil with my rebuttals but you NO voters are fools and could of fucked up things big time. For what. Oh yea from what the NO voters told me a little more cash and a big " FUCK OFF FORD AND USELESS IUAW! " I guess I missed that point and thankfully the overwelming membership did too. Good thing there are more "normals" then "retards" in the world. It will be ok angry,thankless,selfish,disrespectful, foolish and unrealistic wishful thinkers. Big brother saved you from making a big ass mistake. Try to see the best in life and you will find more peace. When the truth finally if ever sinks in it may hurt a little(foolish pride) but you will be glad that you did not get your way and maybe of fucked things up for no good reason. Well at least from my point of view not good enough of one. Good luck with all of your "seems to never end" struggles.

Edited by sez
  • Like 2

Get over it

We voted it in by 2/3s majority. In simple terms a landslide

Common sense and wisdom prevailed

Start your whine again in 3 1/2 years,,,,,, until then get some kleenex

Another smartest guy in the room, hi louie! 2/3 would be 66% not 62% that's hardly in simple terms a "landslide" if it were 70%+ maybe. i think the vote wouldve been even closer if they IUAW had not been trying so hard to scare everyone.

• Like 5

I am a proud Ford UAW worker. My point is echoed through the media, my union leaders , comments on auto news articles by the buying public and the majority of the Ford UAW membership that voted yes. What was the point of the NO voters. We have the best wages already. We have free health care( well $20.00 co pay). We have a great dental plan. On and on and on we have it better only because of Ford and the UAW. Not because of the superior skills that the workers possess. A lot of NO voters did not take the so called "bribe" that the Yes voters took because it was not big enough for them. If you like the company you work for you most likely would think a little harder about fucking up relations with the hand that feeds you. I have tried to be civil with my rebuttals but you NO voters are fools and could of fucked up things big time. For what. Oh yea from what the NO voters told me a little more cash and a big " FUCK OFF FORD AND USELESS IUAW! " I guess I missed that point and thankfully the overwelming membership did too. Good thing there are more "normals" then "retards" in the world. It will be ok angry,thankless,selfish,disrespectful, foolish and unrealistic wishful thinkers. Big brother saved you from making a big ass mistake. Try to see the best in life and you will find more peace. When the truth finally if ever sinks in it may hurt a little(foolish pride) but you will be glad that you did not get your way and maybe of fucked things up for no good reason. Well at least from my point of view not good enough of one. Good luck with all of your "seems to never end" struggles.

You dont stay the best by giving shit up every contract.

• Like 2

You dont stay the best by giving shit up every contract.

The better the financial picture becomes for the company I $love to work for the better I feel.

Autos Insider Autos Insider RSS Feed

e-mail headlines

Text alerts

On your PDA

Last Updated: October 20. 2011 11:07AM.

Ford CFO: Deal should get stock rated at investment grade

Alisa Priddle/ The Detroit News

Ford Motor Co.'s new labor agreement with the United Auto Workers will increase costs less than 1 percent annually over the course of the contract, Mark Fields, president of the Americas, told investors in a call Thursday morning.

Holding the line on wages, increasing flexibility on the line, especially with skilled workers, eliminating legal services over the course of the agreement and overall increases in efficiency should offset the bonuses, profit sharing, increased wages for entry-level workers and adding up to 12,000 jobs over four years, he said.

Ratification of the deal also bodes well for shareholders.

Chief Financial Officer Lewis Booth said he thinks the labor contract will be favorably received by ratings agencies. Ford is hoping to return to investment grade status again soon, but achieving it "is not an absolute necessity to pay dividends," Booth said Thursday.

"Our shareholders have been very patient. It would be nice to get investment grade ahead of time, but that's not in our control," Booth said.

Breaking down the costs, Fields said signing bonuses of $6,000 for workers with a year of seniority and $5,000 for the rest, will cost the company $280 million.

For the remainder of the contract period, the $1,500 annual "inflation protection" and $250 operational bonus lump sums and will cost the company about $80 million annually.

But eliminating legal services will save $10 million this year and about $20 million next year, Fields said.

The new contract has no pension benefit improvements to the Ford pension plan or lump sums to current or future retirees, and defined benefit plans are closed to all new employees. These new employees will be covered by a defined contribution plan.

The jobs bank, which paid employees while off the job, is not reinstated, nor is cost of living allowances. The contract increases wages only for entry-level workers

Ford paid workers $5,000 last year in profit sharing. Under the new formula, which uses similar metrics to how salaried workers payouts are calculated, hourly workers last year would have received about $5,400, said Fields, a total increase of less than $20 million.

The revised formula provides the equivalent of $1 per employee per $1 million in pre-tax profits in North America. The payouts only occur if the company's profits exceed $1.25 billion and they are capped at $12,000 per employee annually.

Employees will get an advance profit sharing check this year, based on first-half 2011 financial results, of $3,750, on average.

Costs will not have a material impact on the company's bottom line, and Ford remains on track to deliver its mid-decade outlook because of the savings and efficiencies the contract affords, officials say.

"The work practice changes and increased uses of entry-level employees provide the opportunity for substantial cost savings and profit improvement as demand increases," Fields said.

About 23 percent of Ford's workforce is eligible for retirement, and the company has about 9,000 skilled workers who make the highest wages. But buyouts will also be offered to those not eligible, Fields said. Packages will likely be offered from January to March, and those who opt to go will leave by midyear.

The majority of the 12,000 jobs promised over four years are incremental, and 3,400 are from in-sourcing work that would have been done in other countries, Fields said, a practice that will continue where it makes competitive sense.

They will leave room to hire more entry-level workers.

John Fleming, executive vice president of global manufacturing and labor affairs, said he expects these workers will account for up to 8 percent of the workforce by the end of the contract. Ford only has a few hundred currently.

The automaker has about 1,300 long-term supplemental workers who will become full-time entry-level workers on Monday when the contract is signed and takes effect.

Fields said he does not see Ford reaching the 20 percent cap on these lower-paid workers that will take effect in 2015. And he noted that parts plants in Rawsonville and Sterling have separate agreements that allow them to use all lower-tier workers.

Under the new agreement, the company can implement alternative work schedules and add shifts to better increase production quickly if demand is strong for a particular product.

Ford can also form fewer and more efficient integrated teams with both production and skilled workers. The idea is to eliminate waste in the system, such as when one group must wait for another to perform certain tasks, Fleming said.

apriddle@detnews.com

(313)222-2504

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111020/AUTO01/110200432/Ford-CFO--Deal-should-get-stock-rated-at-investment-grade#ixzz1bKvcRmyD

What a fucktard.....

• Like 1

Hmmm, no quit the company that I love so much, that's a good one. Working hard watching you work is fun : ) My brain is just fine as I bought low and sold high so I'm good with the day to day humdrum of my life and listening to you sucking ass still at your job. Yes, the company is a business so a big pat on the back to you for pointing that out. Really, how competitive is it anyway with those high salaried employees getting another raise soon? Seriously? I am far from a sore loser, I have a voice that many feel about their leaders regardless of what you say. I will definitely be posting all the future upcomings of the salaried workers. Here is just one thing that you might of missed. The day of the final vote tally.....social security got a raise in COLA, which is great for all of those who will receive a bump in their paycheck but bad for a Loser like you because of coarse you do know that anyone that voted 'NO" talked about COLA being returned would of be nice and anyone with half a brain like yourself would of realized that a 3.6% increase would of been nice. Isn't it funny that they happen to come out with that news just after the vote?? You my friend will always be a "Yes" man, I'm sorry you have to bend and blow, your back must get tired. Turn on the fan it gets hot in July, whew!!

I'm offended of the deal we just got.

Was the IUAW looking out for 28.00 an hour workers? HELL NO

Was the IUAW looking out for the 15.00 an hour workers? HELL YA

Was the IUAW looking out for themselves? YELL YA

Is the IUAW getting raises in this deal? YELL YA (3% per year + 10k each + new company vehicles) yes indeed they are..

Is the IUAW going to have problems next time around? NO because we will be out numbered which was their whole plan.

Is the IUAW going to give two shits about you being laid off when they close your plant? HELL NO

Is the IUAW going to let the company re-open this contract in 2014? YELL YA look for it indeed.

Is the IUAW going to allow the company to screw us on next years profit share? HELL YA look for it indeed.

We got bent over the desk? YELL YA

Not quite sure why you think the no voters are mad. It is what it is and apparently all the yes voters enjoy going without a pay raise for 12 years while salary gets their merit pay increases. If the company can buy you with a lump sum then you did the right thing by voting yes. As for me I would have liked to see a pay increase for somebody other that the 2nd tier workers. I would have then been a yes voter too.

In Solidarity,

A soldier for peace,

A sailor for sanity,

A Marine for morality,

Mine Truly,

Davey B.

Your attempt at humor rating:

Bad -1-2-3-[4]-5-6-7-8-9-10- Very Good

Your attempt at humor rating:

Bad -1-2-3-[4]-5-6-7-8-9-10- Very Good

One of the best grades I've ever received. But I have learned from this that humor has no place in a serious forum like this. From now on, only serious stuff... :shades:

"Ford can also form fewer and more efficient integrated teams with both production and skilled workers. The idea is to eliminate waste in the system, such as when one group must wait for another to perform certain tasks, Fleming said."

This is the reason I voted No. Unfortunately, I think this was over looked by a lot of people especially in Skilled Trades. In my opinion, these "manufacturing teams" are going to cost jobs and put people in dangerous positions.

Currently there are mechanical trades (PF, MW, MR, TM) in each department to cover breakdowns. In the event a a skilled tradesman needs assistance performing a task, he could ask someone within his trade that has the same knowledge and experience for help. Under the new "mechanical teams" he now is expected to get assistance from someone within his "team" which may or may not be from the same trade.

This will allow the company to cut heads in Skilled Trades, Which in turn will cost production jobs considering the laid off Skilled Trades employee will go back to production.

Secondly, and most importantly, This will put people at risk of getting hurt or killed. I went to college to learn MY trade, NOT EVERY TRADE. Have I learned about the other trades by working along side of them? yes. But that does not mean I can do the work of a PF or MR etc. Unfortunately, we have people that THINK they can and will be more than happy to try. We also have people out there that are to timid to tell management that they don't feel comfortable doing something. The last thing I want is for some other tradesman trying to be the hero, or to scared to say no, to do something that puts me in harms way. IT ONLY TAKES ONE MISTAKE AND SOMEONE COULD END UP BEING KILLED!

I was a skilled trades committeeman when the "umbrella concept" was introduced. I heard first hand how eager management was to cut heads in the skilled trades under this program to improve their budget. If you don't think they will do the same thing under the "mechanical teams", you're fooling yourself. I was also called out on numerous occasions to prevent management from trying to force a tradesman to do something he was not comfortable doing under the "umbrella concept". This "mechanical team concept" is just going to do more of the same.

The company, health and safety, you, or I cannot stop someone who is to timid to say no, or the person that wants to be the hero from doing something that shouldn't be done and putting people in harms way if we don't know what they are doing.

It pisses me off that for years now the company and Union have been pushing safety (which I am all for) to the point of giving people time off for mistakes, but is so eager to turn a blind eye to the potential danger these "mechanical teams" are putting us in! Think about it, If it's not for the sole purpose of saving money, why would they be doing this? The only answer I can come up with is that safety is only important at a certain price.

Could I use the signing bonus? you're damn straight I could. BUT I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO GIVE THE MONEY BACK TO SAVE MINE OR A CO-WORKERS LIFE!

That's why I voted no!